Sponsored by:

The "Ultimate AOS Solution"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 05:31 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
It is there, It is hard to tell from your picture,Your pictures are even worse than mine !!lol but it looks like the index notch for the cover is in the same place as the picture I show. The Atmosphere port is under there.

You can also hold your hand/fingers on all the openings except one, then apply some negative pressure on and off and hear/feel the air going in and out of the Atmosphere port.
Yes, my battery died as took the second pic, I could put my mouth on it and blow/suck air. I could blindly feel the one on my car unlike this one.
This is the Manometer I got but it has no port/vent to the atmosphere...https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/d...SABEgJrHvD_BwE
Any thought as it has no instruction but does mention "both ports on the back of the pkg. lol!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Yes, my battery died as took the second pic, I could put my mouth on it and blow/suck air. I could blindly feel the one on my car unlike this one.
This is the Manometer I got but it has no port/vent to the atmosphere...https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/d...SABEgJrHvD_BwE
Any thought as it has no instruction but does mention "both ports on the back of the pkg. lol!
It's perfect for you. No way to screw it up.

Hook it to a nipple on your fill cap (with a hose, you didn't get). Turn the unit on. Run the engine at idle. Read the number on the display. If you have a range of units to choose from, you want it to read: inH2O (in w.c.). I bet you could find instructions on the web if you did some searching. It really should be simple. Have fun...

Oh, look. Here are the instructions:
https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/d...76a_manual.pdf
It's in the last corner of the last page. Disregard the information about the second port.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott at Team Harco:
808Bill (01-08-2020), Porschetech3 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,803 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
I'm not sure what you are saying/asking in regards to the AOS.

In regards to the Manometer, if you have a single nipple the Atmosphere port is inside the manometer and reads only measured pressure/vacuum. If you have a 2 nipple manometer , there is no internal Atmosphere port, the port you are NOT using becomes the Atmosphere port and the meter will read as negative or positive depending on which nipple you use, if you connect a hose to both nipples and measure at different places with different pressures the reading will be "pressure differential" and not actual pressures as there is nothing connected to Atmosphere. Make sense?
Old 01-08-2020, 06:17 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

Yes
Old 01-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
It's perfect for you. No way to screw it up.

Hook it to a nipple on your fill cap (with a hose, you didn't get). Turn the unit on. Run the engine at idle. Read the number on the display. If you have a range of units to choose from, you want it to read: inH2O (in w.c.). I bet you could find instructions on the web if you did some searching. It really should be simple. Have fun...

Oh, look. Here are the instructions:
https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/d...76a_manual.pdf
It's in the last corner of the last page. Disregard the information about the second port.
lol,, I should have said this..lol.. I tend to get too technical and can actually confuse more..
Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Coopduc
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 135 Posts

W.C. In British English means “water closet”, toilet to us yanks. I guess use that setting for engines about to take a dump!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coopduc
W.C. In British English means “water closet”, toilet to us yanks. I guess use that setting for engines about to take a dump!
lol
Old 01-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by az968gpw
From looking at an old AOS yesterday it's really a small hole at the end of a "channel" where the arrow points.
You have an old one that was replaced, and already have another failing? WOW, I wish I had my plug and play full kit ready for you !! Hang in there, hopefully it wont be too long.

Last edited by Porschetech3; 01-08-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:39 PM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

You have an old one that was replaced, and already have another failing? WOW, I wish I had my plug and play full kit ready for you !! Hang in there, hopefully it wont be too long.
Naw, that one belonged to another customer of the shop. His car was running strangely so they tested the AOS with the test set-up they had just prepared for testing my car, just to see if that might be a cause, and found that his AOS had failed. So the owner had it replaced. That's the one we looked at. Mine only has 22k miles on it since the engine was rebuilt, and i now know it's been failing for a while, so that's not many miles for a failure on a Porsche OEM part. Mine's not going to be replaced until you have the real fix ready. The car will sit in my garage for now.
The following users liked this post:
Porschetech3 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 09:03 PM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

The "new parts" that are being designed and fabricated (eg the oil accumulator/sensor) are all going to be in easy to get to places? I suspect checking/emptying the oil accumulator will need to be a regular service item, right along with oil changes.

Please make them better quality/durability than Porsche OEM AOS separators
Old 01-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by az968gpw
The "new parts" that are being designed and fabricated (eg the oil accumulator/sensor) are all going to be in easy to get to places? I suspect checking/emptying the oil accumulator will need to be a regular service item, right along with oil changes.

Please make them better quality/durability than Porsche OEM AOS separators
Yes, will be a much better design quality than the OEM Porsche design. The Accumulator will be easy access and scheduled to be drained at oil change., also the new AOS regulator will be easy access should it ever need service.

The Porsche Gods will insure that it looks as they did it..
The following users liked this post:
blacksquid (01-09-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 07:15 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 256 Posts

Quite a variance in prices for these VW/Audi valves huh? Guess that's why you suggest sticking with OEM VW/Audi one.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JTT
Quite a variance in prices for these VW/Audi valves huh? Guess that's why you suggest sticking with OEM VW/Audi one.

Yes, I have bought, dissembled, tested, and evaluated a number of these regulators. There is a HUGE difference in Quality, mainly in the diaphragm. I don't want the Ultimate AOS Solution to get a "bad wrap" due to the dirt cheap junk regulators.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
blacksquid (01-10-2020), Gingerman (01-10-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 124 Posts

Yes, I have bought, dissembled, tested, and evaluated a number of these regulators. There is a HUGE difference in Quality, mainly in the diaphragm. I don't want the Ultimate AOS Solution to get a "bad wrap" due to the dirt cheap junk regulators.
Is there one part brand that is built better than the others that you'd recommend for the DIY licensed folks?
Old 01-11-2020, 02:08 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by cds72911
Is there one part brand that is built better than the others that you'd recommend for the DIY licensed folks?
I believe that would be the OEM VW/Audi one.
The following 2 users liked this post by JTT:
cds72911 (01-11-2020), Einsteiger (01-11-2020)

Quick Reply: The "Ultimate AOS Solution"