996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 996 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 03:28 PM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts

Those numeric pedals.......didn't even know I wanted those until I saw that picture. Wow. Gorgeous.
The following 3 users liked this post by hoofdpijn:
NE1N-11 (04-05-2021), Numeric Racing (04-05-2021), TheUnscented (06-21-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 03:39 PM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 11NEUN11
I do not use the rubber blocks, instead I use the SUV adapters. Hopefully these are the pics you are looking for to see how I was able to lower my engine.

May I ask which model of quickjack this is and can you comment on how stable and "confidence inspiring" things felt with the car up in the air like that? I'm very interested in getting a set of these having seen your pics but I have a a strong aversion to squirrely feeling, lifted heavy things.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2021, 04:08 PM
11NEUN11
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofdpijn
May I ask which model of quickjack this is and can you comment on how stable and "confidence inspiring" things felt with the car up in the air like that? I'm very interested in getting a set of these having seen your pics but I have a a strong aversion to squirrely feeling, lifted heavy things.

Thanks!
Quick Jack 5000 SLX. It is very stable. I do not feel comfortable under anything that isnt rock solid. I have done some projects where I used jacks and did not feel comfortable going under the vehicles.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:13 PM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Quick Jack 5000 SLX. It is very stable. I do not feel comfortable under anything that isnt rock solid. I have done some projects where I used jacks and did not feel comfortable going under the vehicles.
Thank you!
Old 04-05-2021, 04:46 PM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Sorry, one other question. What are the round metal pucks on the top of the SUV extension lifting pad. I don't see those anywhere on the quickjacks site. Are they pinch weld adapters? I see the rubber pinch weld adapters but not what I see in your pictures.

Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:59 PM
11NEUN11
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofdpijn
Sorry, one other question. What are the round metal pucks on the top of the SUV extension lifting pad. I don't see those anywhere on the quickjacks site. Are they pinch weld adapters? I see the rubber pinch weld adapters but not what I see in your pictures.

Thanks again.
They are custom lift pucks that lock into the underside of my car! There are some out there that use a hockey puck with a adapter on them.
The following users liked this post:
hoofdpijn (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobriquet
Finally got my Numeric pedals installed. Really enjoying these after quick drive. It’s a lot easier to flick the gas pedal with the side of my foot. I will say getting the gas pedal back together was a pain in the ***.

Those look awesome, and glad you love them! And sorry, the cable pull Porsche's are a little more work for the gas pedal. But our install mirrors the same exact process as it would for stock. We went for the OEM fitment, aftermarket performance.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Ratchet1025 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 08:08 PM
NE1N-11
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
Those look awesome, and glad you love them! And sorry, the cable pull Porsche's are a little more work for the gas pedal. But our install mirrors the same exact process as it would for stock. We went for the OEM fitment, aftermarket performance.

Its nothing to do with you guys. But getting all the pieces back together, while keeping the cable in its slot and getting the tabs to click in was a total **** show. You need three hands and you’re working on one elbow while bent over in the footwell. Also, my car didn’t have nearly the range of slack in the cable that the car in your install video had so that made it even more challenging. I still don’t think my top tab is completely clipped in but I was able to hold it together while getting the top screw in and get it buttoned up.

Last edited by NE1N-11; 04-05-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:21 PM
tyeske
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I cleaned out my radiators and added some screens to keep out the debris. I found some black aluminum screen on Amazon. Cut to size and used some large head short self tapping screws. I saw a video of someone using a paint stick to bend the edges down and that worked like a charm.
Attached Images  
paddlefoot64 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 179 Posts

rotten good luck - I took my truck in for brakes and used the 911 for errands
pull into the garage - in a bit of a hurry and while I normally let the engine idle for
a few seconds, I immediately shut it off

right away I noticed when I opened the door - no lights, I figured the ignition switch (known issue)
was a goner...not a problem as I have one stored

then (gasp) I do the unforgivable and lose the key - only to find it 6 hours later, it had slid under a table leg

double check everything this morning and I get the jump pack hooked up to release the frunk

rotten good news - battery is dead - just another 33 monther, that's about what I'm averaging
- PSA no more Bosch Batteries, Pep Boys has had them inexpensively enough the 2x I've needed them
but they just don't last - despite being maintained by a C-Tek
more good news, I had bought a battery for my truck just prior to a cold spell in February
it's been intermittently on and off a maintainer for 9 weeks - double checking now, I think it's a direct fit

so I'll try the Die Hard AGM in the Carrera and buy a Mopar for the truck
.....very impressed by these
(OEM factory unit is @ 8 years now)
Old 04-06-2021, 11:45 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 342 Posts

I guess I got lucky with my Bosch AGM. Going on 5 years and still strong. My car sat in my unheated detached garage for two months this winter while I was sick and then started right up. I've read many threads where they don't last, so when it goes, I'll replace it with something else. But I have to say it's been great so far.
Fracture (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 04:55 PM
Projekt EPiK
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fracture
rotten good luck - I took my truck in for brakes and used the 911 for errands
pull into the garage - in a bit of a hurry and while I normally let the engine idle for
a few seconds, I immediately shut it off

right away I noticed when I opened the door - no lights, I figured the ignition switch (known issue)
was a goner...not a problem as I have one stored

then (gasp) I do the unforgivable and lose the key - only to find it 6 hours later, it had slid under a table leg

double check everything this morning and I get the jump pack hooked up to release the frunk

rotten good news - battery is dead - just another 33 monther, that's about what I'm averaging
- PSA no more Bosch Batteries, Pep Boys has had them inexpensively enough the 2x I've needed them
but they just don't last - despite being maintained by a C-Tek
more good news, I had bought a battery for my truck just prior to a cold spell in February
it's been intermittently on and off a maintainer for 9 weeks - double checking now, I think it's a direct fit

so I'll try the Die Hard AGM in the Carrera and buy a Mopar for the truck
.....very impressed by these
(OEM factory unit is @ 8 years now)
I'm still on the OEM original battery our 2013 Durango. +1 for impressed by Dodge batteries
Fracture (04-06-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:41 PM
DSC800
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Painted Brake Calipers

Painted my front brake calipers along with new Porsche decals. Half the clear coat had pealed off and looked dull. Kept them the same gloss black so I didn't need to remove them.

Sanded the flat areas and scuffed all the nooks, cleaned with brake cleaner, then alcohol, applied 3 coats Duplicolor caliper enamel, applied decal and then applied 3 coats VHT caliper clear coat. The decals were purchased on Etsey (4/$10) and are upsized to 4.25" (bigger decals = more stopping power). Instructions say to drive the car to heat up and cure the paint, I guess I'll have to do that today (darn!). Duplicolor and VHT are the same company. We'll see if they hold up and if not I'll get them powder coated the next time I do pads, rotors, fluids.

Last edited by DSC800; 04-07-2021 at 05:02 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by DSC800:
AZPete (04-07-2021), Billup (04-09-2021), golock911 (04-08-2021), plpete84 (04-07-2021), Ratchet1025 (04-07-2021), TexSquirrel (04-07-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Brian_C
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC800
Painted my front brake calipers along with new Porsche decals. Half the clear coat had pealed off and looked dull. Kept them the same gloss black so I didn't need to remove them.

Sanded the flat areas and scuffed all the nooks, cleaned with brake cleaner, then alcohol, applied 3 coats Duplicolor caliper enamel, applied decal and then applied 3 coats VHT caliper clear coat. The decals were purchased on Etsey (4/$10) and are upsized to 4.25" (bigger decals = more stopping power). Instructions say to drive the car to heat up and cure the paint, I guess I'll have to do that today (darn!). Duplicolor and VHT are the same company. We'll see if they hold up and if not I'll get them powder coated the next time I do pads, rotors, fluids.

Looks amazing!!!

Will you do mine?
Old 04-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC800

Looks fantastic, I need to do this exact thing! Did you follow any guide during the process? Sorry for the newb question.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996 today?