Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has gone from C2S to Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015 | 01:21 PM
tim252
Rennlist Member

Default Who has gone from C2S to Turbo

Can anybody who has gone from C2S to Turbo 993 share their insights. Love the look of C2S but concerned I will have always had that feeling I should have gone with the Turbo.

Seems like to like is a 60,000 to 80,000 spread.

Those that have had both could you share your insight.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2015 | 01:44 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Never had a C2S, but can tell you any negative perception about AWD cars (and their handling with it) is negligible at the most. I track my car and have never felt any situation where I would've really wanted RWD only. Car can rotate just as easy as a 2WD car. Lastly, you can never have too much power.
Old 05-31-2015 | 04:00 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

I've gone back and forth from 993NA to TT to C2S to TT to C2S and now back to TT's. If you want a GT car buy a TT, if you want to drive your car buy a C2S, if you want your car to drive you quickly and softly, buy a TT.
Old 05-31-2015 | 04:00 PM
1997 turbo s
Advanced

Being the top of the heap, turbos are certainly desirable. However, I am not a fan of the tail as I think it breaks up the classic 911 lines. I prefer the lower production number C2S.
Old 05-31-2015 | 07:42 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

I came close to closing on a C2S but in the end knew I'd want the added power of a Turbo so that's what I got. Always been so glad I did.
Old 05-31-2015 | 09:41 PM
TTKan
Pro

I have owned every variation of the 993 except the Cabriolet. The turbo has gobs of power and it is a thrill every time I drive it. There are times with the NA 993s, particularly the C4S, where the power was a bit underwhelming. If I could only own one, I would own the turbo.
Old 05-31-2015 | 10:16 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I've gone back and forth from 993NA to TT to C2S to TT to C2S and now back to TT's. If you want a GT car buy a TT, if you want to drive your car buy a C2S, if you want your car to drive you quickly and softly, buy a TT.
^^^^^^ Maybe if it's got the original suspension. I know most haven't taken their mods to my level and I am sure lots have done much more, but as it sits right now, it's far from a GT car. Suspension mods can take it quickly from a "GT" to a clear, surgical, machine.
Old 06-01-2015 | 01:11 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This is sooo subjective and no right or wrong answer. There are TONS of variables, the biggest on what is going on in your head. What is important to you? What are your skills like? What are you using the car for? How deep are your pockets? What type of car do you find satisfying? And on and on...

So the only guy who can actually answer the question is you - period. You will get lots of opinions, and they will be pretty well evenly spread across the spectrum.

Have you driven these variants, especially back to back? In what situations? For instance, a Turbo comes into its own on wider open tracks and roads, but has a lot of bottom end torque so is actually pretty good around the city. The difference between a NB and WB car is very small, it's all about looks, AWD, and perhaps brakes.

On a NA car, you often do have to work the engine harder to get the same results (and in some cases that is not enough to keep up to a Turbo), but some people really like that.

Personally, I find in the 993 world, the Turbo is a perfect blend of looks and having the power to back it up. I like the AWD because it makes the car manageable when the conditions are not ideal, which happens a lot here in Vancouver - I would not disconnect that system.

The downsides of the Turbo for me is the car is a bit heavier and definitely gulping more fuel which are far outweighed compared to the **** faced grin when I have that open road and push the car a bit - that push is addictive!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-20-2015 | 05:51 AM
Tokyo Joe
Instructor

Tim,

My first 911 was a 993C2 and after a year, I had traded it in for the 993 turbo. Why? As per Mikes comments above tbh. For me, it was the availability of power and the looks. Ok, and the sound.

There have been times when I thought I should have kept the C2, modded it the way I wanted it i.e. changed the wheels, shocks and the muffler. Personalised it. But the dealer I bought it from was smart. He invited me to test drive the turbo and that was it, smitten. And frankly, for me at least, the turbo has the most beautiful rear end in the 993 family.

Values aside, drive both of them and see for yourself which you prefer.

Hope that helps,

TJ

Quick Reply: Who has gone from C2S to Turbo