Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's about time I introduced myself.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:06 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have the full boat root wood treatment although not the steering wheel! I also have the phone but it is a flat Fujitsu not the curved thing you've got. Interesting to see the window sticker: I don't have mine but I got all the other paperwork from the first owner and see that he paid about $10K less than your sticker for very similar equipment. So that's interesting. Really gorgeous car many congrats.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Boober
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I remember reading your thread just before I went to look at this car. Congrats as well!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:45 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Boober
-Whipple 2.3L GM truck kit with 3.125" pulley making 11.5 psi peak boost. (Completely stock 6.2L L9H long block)
-Kooks long tube headers with 3" y-pipe and high flow cats,
Electronic cut-out before muffler
-Alky Control methanol injection system with custom 2 gallon reservoir.
-Gearstar Performance upgraded 6L80e transmission with a Yank custom triple disk 2600 stall converter (1.7 sec. 60')
-custom tuning (HP Tuners) by me with many many trips to the track
Other than various tuning things (3 bar map sensor, relocated IAT sensor, boost-a-pump, 65lb/hr injectors, boost and wideband air fuel gauges) the rest is just a stock 2010 AWD Sierra Denali.

By the way, I like your username. my first car was an 86' XR4Ti that my dad and I built.
My other toy is an 86' Sierra Cosworth clone with a Cosworth YB and WC T-5. I have been overhauling the chassis over the past year and hope to get the body prepped for paint this summer. Once I'm finished, it will be 95% true to a Sierra (I'm doing the single rear glass too). The motor is mostly stock for now but I have an RS500 intercooler and a GT35R turbo waiting to go on. I'll likely go with a 330hp kit from Europe.
Nice on the Denali. I had an 02 Yukon that I threw a whipple on. That thing was a beast also. Thought about getting the TRD SC for my Tundra but don't feel like buying super unleaded for both my cars
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

that car is a classic, congrats

where in mass did u find it?

this winter you should bring it to unique car care in stoneham and let rick nelson do a paint restoration on it...it'll look essentially brand new then, could even fix up any interior blemishes etc...
Old 05-21-2014, 09:46 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

-Whipple 2.3L GM truck kit with 3.125" pulley making 11.5 psi peak boost. (Completely stock 6.2L L9H long block)
-Kooks long tube headers with 3" y-pipe and high flow cats,
Electronic cut-out before muffler
-Alky Control methanol injection system with custom 2 gallon reservoir.
-Gearstar Performance upgraded 6L80e transmission with a Yank custom triple disk 2600 stall converter (1.7 sec. 60')
-custom tuning (HP Tuners) by me with many many trips to the track
Other than various tuning things (3 bar map sensor, relocated IAT sensor, boost-a-pump, 65lb/hr injectors, boost and wideband air fuel gauges) the rest is just a stock 2010 AWD Sierra Denali.

By the way, I like your username. my first car was an 86' XR4Ti that my dad and I built.
My other toy is an 86' Sierra Cosworth clone with a Cosworth YB and WC T-5. I have been overhauling the chassis over the past year and hope to get the body prepped for paint this summer. Once I'm finished, it will be 95% true to a Sierra (I'm doing the single rear glass too). The motor is mostly stock for now but I have an RS500 intercooler and a GT35R turbo waiting to go on. I'll likely go with a 330hp kit from Europe.
You've got good taste, my friend. I daily drive an '85 XR, and had an '86 back when I was 18. I would love to take a stroll over your way and check out the Cosworth (and 993) at some point.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Boober
Racer

Thanks handdoc I picked it up in Andover. I would LOVE to get the car into a shop like that (mostly to address the drivers seat) but I'm actually in Western PA area so it would be quite the drive.

XR4Tim, absolutely! You're only about what? an hour and a half away? I am still busy with work season right now but I usually have the whole summer off. I invite any and all to come to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this summer. I love this event; I fully intend to participate in the racing when the 944 is up to snuff. The number of events has expanded every year and now it spans from July 11-July20th! There are historic races at Pitt-Race complex in Wampum PA during the weekend of July 11-13. This is cool because they bring out the big bore cars that can't run on the Schenley Park street course. This year there is even going to be an exhibition race with Vipers and GT supercars (the track owner is a HUGE Viper racing guy). All kinds of car shows, rally's, and other cool events are scheduled throughout that next week and the Vintage Grand Prix starts in Schenley Park in Pittsburgh on Saturday July 19th. There is a giant car show that day including a few hundred Porsche's. It's free to attend unless you're going to display your car. All proceeds go to two very worthy local charities.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

XR4Tim, absolutely! You're only about what? an hour and a half away? I am still busy with work season right now but I usually have the whole summer off. I invite any and all to come to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this summer. I love this event; I fully intend to participate in the racing when the 944 is up to snuff. The number of events has expanded every year and now it spans from July 11-July20th! There are historic races at Pitt-Race complex in Wampum PA during the weekend of July 11-13. This is cool because they bring out the big bore cars that can't run on the Schenley Park street course. This year there is even going to be an exhibition race with Vipers and GT supercars (the track owner is a HUGE Viper racing guy). All kinds of car shows, rally's, and other cool events are scheduled throughout that next week and the Vintage Grand Prix starts in Schenley Park in Pittsburgh on Saturday July 19th. There is a giant car show that day including a few hundred Porsche's. It's free to attend unless you're going to display your car. All proceeds go to two very worthy local charities.
Yeah, I'm less than 2 hours West of you. I may be able to get out there July 19th for the car show and start of the Grand Prix. I will know more of my schedule as it gets closer.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Boober
Racer

Taking a cue from Basel Skull, I'm updating my thread with some pics after a trip to the dealer for a number of maintenance items plus install of my Bilstein PSS10's and Fabspeed exhaust. The coilovers are a great upgrade from the limited time I've spent driving it. The dealer kinda screwed up on my exhaust install. I gave them both the supercup mufflers and sport cat x-pipe to install but for some strange reason, the tech only installed the x-pipe. When I showed up, first thing I noticed was that the stock mufflers were on. I said "what happened to the supercups? Did they not fit?" My rep kinda looked at me in total confusion until I explained in detail that I gave them mufflers to install too but that they weren't. He went out into the shop and I could see him milling around several boxes in the corner, picked up the unopened box with my name on it containing my new supercups. He came back apologizing profusely that his tech must have just missed them. So now, I gotta book time on my dad's lift to install the supercups. Fabspeed is right, with just the x-pipe on, the exhaust sounds more quiet than stock! I want some SOUND! If I out these supercups on and I'm not thrilled, they are going up for sale and I'll just do bypass pipes.

Oh, and I picked up a new car hauler a few weeks back to mainly transport my 944 when I finally get around to finishing it

While the car is on the lift, I'll get better shots of the exhaust plus I'm going to pull the wheels, install some spacers, and paint the outer rims on my wheels that show some minor curb rash. Finally, I'm going to do a little photo shoot at sunset.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

That's too bad about the install
at least you'll have a chance to do the work yourself it sounds like to get to know her even better!
Your car looks great, almost makes me want to take the plasti-dip off..
Nice trailer. need one of those.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:35 PM
O.B.1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car
I like the interior !!
Enjoy
Old 06-23-2014, 12:23 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Supercups are a pretty easy install. Only hard part was getting new seal parts. If you have access to media blasting or a wire wheel can probably clean up yourself. I like the exhaust but I don't have the x pipes. Didn't know that is quieter than stock.

Good luck, nice ride. Arena Red has really grown on me, sharp color.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Boober
Racer

My dad has a wire wheel in his shop. Do you need to pull the bumper? Not that I would be afraid to do that but I just want to prepare.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

No need to pull the bumper, just a little tight dropping the muffler but have done it many times
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Boober
Racer

Great thanks. Shouldn't be too bad then. I'm going to do some stuff while I've got it in the air but that will save me quite some time. Now to get my dads 66' Healey off the lift!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Boober
Racer

Just updating my thread with some beauty shots. I would have loved to get sunset lighting pictures but I'm just rarely out and about at those times (two little ones at home). I may be preaching to the choir but I just LOVE driving this car. My 997 was a wonderful drive in it's own right but this car just FEELS so much MORE. What that "more" is, I don't know, but it all adds up to pure joy for me!

The mod bug is itching me again and I just got the car back! I'm thinkin hybrids will be in the very near future.

Quick Reply: It's about time I introduced myself.