Sponsored by:

Radar out for 993TT or S

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radar out for 993TT or S

I'm looking for a low mileage < 30k, original condition garage queen 993TT or 993TTS.

Suspension can be upgraded and some interior bits or wheels.

I'm looking for SY, GR, White, crazy colors. Please PM me if your considering.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Saw a nice black/cashmere 11k mile 97 today, owner will not sell
Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Saw a nice black/cashmere 11k mile 97 today, owner will not sell
Would u sell that car??
Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nope!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:05 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I remember seeing a Guards Red, Florida, concours garage queen in the recent issue of Panorma.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Good luck, the market is really tight now. I see these "looking" posts every week or two, seems to be quite the crowd of people on the hunt -> so the advice is if you see it, grab it quick!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-13-2013, 02:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Here are the details.

Page #115
June issue Panorama
1996 Guards Red/Black
All stock/ no mods
Cert. Of Auth.
Close to concours condition
24,600 miles
$95,000
Charles Glackin
Vilanova, PA
610-331-8802
charles.glackin@ms.com
Old 07-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

^^^ market is tough right now. Definetly a sellers advantage.

The GR lead sounds very attractive. Ill check that one out ASAP. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Good luck, the market is really tight now. I see these "looking" posts every week or two, seems to be quite the crowd of people on the hunt -> so the advice is if you see it, grab it quick!

Cheers,

Mike

I've also noticed that the TT market has really gotten tight just in the past few months. Any speculation as to why ? (Besides summer obviously)
Old 07-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Good question.

I would assume if you were on the fence as a potential seller, this strong market but help you get off fence.

Unless, this strong market is making potential sellers sit longer to see how high the market will go...
Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

The 993's have definitely stabilized and even rising in price - and the 993TT was the pinnacle of that series (outside the rare GT2's, RS, Turbo S's of course). They are relatively rare, and hold a lot of cache. Maybe a lot of late boomers finally have disposable income to get the car they dreamed of in their youth?

I have noticed that quite a few people who ask me about looking for a TT would be first time Porsche owners, or at least first time air-cooled owners. They seem not to settle on the NA cars, they want the TT, and view it as the ultimate goal. As for myself, it took me 20 years of 911 ownership to get to the 993TT, and I think part of the appreciation of having the TT is having owned other 911's before it. Is somehow feels to me those who jump directly into a TT are missing out the subtleties of the NA 993's.

I personally know of at least 5 people searching at the moment, a few with very deep pockets. All are striking out, often the real low mileage cars (like sub 20,000 miles) get snatched away really quickly at some extraordinary price. There is a pool of people out there who will pay premium dollars for those premium cars. Then the next level of cars, say 20,00 to 40,000 miles, is that awkward place of drive or no drive -> but they still command very good prices and go quickly. The cars from 40,000 - 60,000 miles seem to be selling at a slower pace, often for driving purposes, and hold their values well but below the sub-40,000 mile example.

The interesting thing is I think the prices drop sharply after 60,000 miles. That seems to be where people get scared about longevity, and the asking prices seem to reflect that. A 100,000 mile TT has depreciated a whole lot more than a 100,000 miles NA coupe.

I think that these cars are rare enough that, despite the economy, there are enough well-off people out there now to keep the market moving and boyant. After all, they are not making these cars anymore, and with the 991 being so technology filled, there is an attraction to pure purpose driver led cars like the 993.

All the above is just opinion and conjecture of course..

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
The 993's have definitely stabilized and even rising in price - and the 993TT was the pinnacle of that series (outside the rare GT2's, RS, Turbo S's of course). They are relatively rare, and hold a lot of cache. Maybe a lot of late boomers finally have disposable income to get the car they dreamed of in their youth?

I have noticed that quite a few people who ask me about looking for a TT would be first time Porsche owners, or at least first time air-cooled owners. They seem not to settle on the NA cars, they want the TT, and view it as the ultimate goal. As for myself, it took me 20 years of 911 ownership to get to the 993TT, and I think part of the appreciation of having the TT is having owned other 911's before it. Is somehow feels to me those who jump directly into a TT are missing out the subtleties of the NA 993's.

I personally know of at least 5 people searching at the moment, a few with very deep pockets. All are striking out, often the real low mileage cars (like sub 20,000 miles) get snatched away really quickly at some extraordinary price. There is a pool of people out there who will pay premium dollars for those premium cars. Then the next level of cars, say 20,00 to 40,000 miles, is that awkward place of drive or no drive -> but they still command very good prices and go quickly. The cars from 40,000 - 60,000 miles seem to be selling at a slower pace, often for driving purposes, and hold their values well but below the sub-40,000 mile example.

The interesting thing is I think the prices drop sharply after 60,000 miles. That seems to be where people get scared about longevity, and the asking prices seem to reflect that. A 100,000 mile TT has depreciated a whole lot more than a 100,000 miles NA coupe.

I think that these cars are rare enough that, despite the economy, there are enough well-off people out there now to keep the market moving and boyant. After all, they are not making these cars anymore, and with the 991 being so technology filled, there is an attraction to pure purpose driver led cars like the 993.

All the above is just opinion and conjecture of course..

Cheers,

Mike

I totally agree with you in this Mike. And as we know the 993 is considered the pincale of Porsche in the classic concept (911) of their roots but with the most technology possible given at the time w/o going crazy with electronics like todays 911's...specially when you are a true enthusiast and you know you can't go to the dealer and order a 993 anymore. I already have offers of my 993tt (the only one believed left in my country) but I'm not ready to let it go unless econmics and exterior factors push me to do it. This is my first Porsche ever to own and was my dream car 13 years ago (I'm 30) and fianally I could get one.

Kinda the same goes with my e30 M3, a truly classic that keep rising their price with time and already there are many articles in the web and magazines talking about this car and how the market for is getting more crowded and compete to get a decent, unmolested and rather stock example for the slowest price but the fact is that they are getting more rare and expensier. I feel pretty much the same with the 993tt w/o goign witht he RS , GT2 and Turbo S.

-Diego
Old 07-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Mike,

I think you nailed the pricing to mileage levels and reasoning. I don't seem to have a problem finding a higher mileage 993TT as a driver. I do struggle finding one in that 20-40k range. They want <20k mile money. And the <20k mile cars are doing anywhere between $95k to $120k.

I'm no spring chicken and I'm considering two cars. A garage queen cream puff in that $110k price range OR a new 2014 C7. I know?! Well as a kid and to your point, I've always wanted to own these cars. Right now the new C7 is such a amazing car for the money I can't imagine not buying one. However, I'm a bit nervous that if I revisit a 993TT in 3 years, I may not be able to afford one if the prices keep climbing like they are.

Maybe I'll buy both, no regrets!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree with you Mike. I feel very fortunate to have a car that just clicked over 70K miles but only has 1,500k on a brand new rebuilt motor. I continue to modify for my personal tastes(upgraded turbos, ECU, KW Coil-overs, 996tt wheels, tilt-kit, muffler by-pass, short shifter w/golden-rod etc and more to come) but also continue to try and drive it every single day. I feel so fortunate because I don't worry about it depreciating. I can go out and enjoy perhaps one of the greatest air-cooled 911's ever made and not worry that I just drove off x amount of $$$ in it. I've just never been someone who can buy a car and not go out and drive it whenever I want. I can admire someone who has the dollars to have a full-on car collection but wonder in the end how much satisfaction you get by really only looking at these garage queens. I suppose if I was on the other side of the coin I'd feel differently. But for now each day when I open the garage door, hear that distinct driver's door click and fire up the un-muffled beast, I get a grin each and every time. And when I get it up in the open mountain roads around me I really appreciate why I love 911s and especially these cars so much. This board is full of terrific, knowledgeable, enthusiastic owners of our turbos and most feel probably the same as myself. I feel fortunate to have all of you as a resource.

Tony, best of luck in your search and if I run across anything that fits what you are looking for I will PM you.

Chad
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slate993tt
I also agree with you Mike. I feel very fortunate to have a car that just clicked over 70K miles but only has 1,500k on a brand new rebuilt motor. I continue to modify for my personal tastes(upgraded turbos, ECU, KW Coil-overs, 996tt wheels, tilt-kit, muffler by-pass, short shifter w/golden-rod etc and more to come) but also continue to try and drive it every single day. I feel so fortunate because I don't worry about it depreciating. I can go out and enjoy perhaps one of the greatest air-cooled 911's ever made and not worry that I just drove off x amount of $$$ in it. I've just never been someone who can buy a car and not go out and drive it whenever I want. I can admire someone who has the dollars to have a full-on car collection but wonder in the end how much satisfaction you get by really only looking at these garage queens. I suppose if I was on the other side of the coin I'd feel differently. But for now each day when I open the garage door, hear that distinct driver's door click and fire up the un-muffled beast, I get a grin each and every time. And when I get it up in the open mountain roads around me I really appreciate why I love 911s and especially these cars so much. This board is full of terrific, knowledgeable, enthusiastic owners of our turbos and most feel probably the same as myself. I feel fortunate to have all of you as a resource.

Tony, best of luck in your search and if I run across anything that fits what you are looking for I will PM you.

Chad
Congrats on the new engine. Who did the rebuild?

Quick Reply: Radar out for 993TT or S