Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar out for 993TT or S

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike Schatz did the re-build. Aaron Burnham(Rennwerks Inc) helped with Head, Valve & Valve Springs stuff. Can't say enough good things about both these guys.

Oh yeah, Motor has RS 3.8 CAMs in it as well. Runs great.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:36 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Ugh. I want to drive the car but after mike's post , my car sitting smack dab in the middle with 32k maybe I'll go out and just wash and wax her.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slate993tt
Mike Schatz did the re-build. Aaron Burnham(Rennwerks Inc) helped with Head, Valve & Valve Springs stuff. Can't say enough good things about both these guys.

Nice, not familiar with Rennwerks. Are they a Porsche only shop?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Slate993tt

It would be interesting to see the " formula" that resulted in your engine.

Sounds like it was top end only, but not just maintenance, but you upgraded the cams as well. That may have also had the corresponding RS valves (which means new seats, etc.) and upgraded springs and retainers. Then that may impact the ECU and then the turbos as well .. what was the complete package (just curious!).

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 AM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
The 993's have definitely stabilized and even rising in price - and the 993TT was the pinnacle of that series (outside the rare GT2's, RS, Turbo S's of course). They are relatively rare, and hold a lot of cache. Maybe a lot of late boomers finally have disposable income to get the car they dreamed of in their youth?
I was at the track two weeks ago with a longtime local PCAer watching my kid bomb around the Lightning circuit in our GTC2 Supercup. He's very experienced and not leaving much on the table as he hauls in to T1. After a while my companion asked, "you do know what those are selling for lately, don't you?" Turns out these are suddenly ~$150K cars and climbing fast thanks to collector interest back in Germany. Doesn't change my attitude toward tracking the car but I immediately shelved plans to race in upcoming PCA event. It might be consigned to the more benign vintage stuff from now on...
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 AM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rlme36
Ugh. I want to drive the car but after mike's post , my car sitting smack dab in the middle with 32k maybe I'll go out and just wash and wax her.
Ha, yes I got mine with ~37K on it and just watched it tick over to 40K. I was on my way back from a fantastic 'closed course' run up the Mt. Equinox Hillclimb with a bunch of RL guys so I didn't feel too badly!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonH
I was at the track two weeks ago with a longtime local PCAer watching my kid bomb around the Lightning circuit in our GTC2 Supercup. He's very experienced and not leaving much on the table as he hauls in to T1. After a while my companion asked, "you do know what those are selling for lately, don't you?" Turns out these are suddenly ~$150K cars and climbing fast thanks to collector interest back in Germany. Doesn't change my attitude toward tracking the car but I immediately shelved plans to race in upcoming PCA event. It might be consigned to the more benign vintage stuff from now on...
I hear you. I woke up recently to the fact that SWB (1965-68) 911S's are now approaching $200K. My 67 & 68 still get driven regularly, but I've had to have long conversations with my insurance co. regarding valuation resets.

It makes one wonder how much current monetary policy is influencing demand towards scarce hard assets.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've done a lot of looking and seen some beauties out there.

I would love a Turbo S or a Slate grey TT. The metallic black is a great shade in pictures with a hint of brown...

Bumpity bump
Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Found this whilst surfing for lambos - not affiliation.

http://www.interstatemotorsport.com/...oor+coupe.html

Seems pretty clean.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PiB993
Found this whilst surfing for lambos - not affiliation.

http://www.interstatemotorsport.com/...oor+coupe.html

Seems pretty clean.
That doesn't seem to be a bad price if the car is as good as it looks.
A friend of mine just sold his TT. 19k, Dark Metallic Blue, Black interior. A beautiful car in top condition. £70k. Approx $135,000.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
The metallic black is a great shade in pictures with a hint of brown...

Bumpity bump
Make Parnelli an offer he can't refuse. Like on his daughter's wedding day. LOL
Old 07-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Make Parnelli an offer he can't refuse. Like on his daughter's wedding day. LOL

???
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you say Parnelli? Shoot me a "number"

Old saying basically an offer he can't refuse...
Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
???
Sorry, Parnelli. Just a poor attempt at humor. Using the old Godfather scene in the beginning of the movie when Don Corleone is asked favors on his daughter's wedding day. Story goes- a reasonible request/offer can't be refused on a daughter's wedding day.

I knew you had a metallic black, and the Tony.CO said he likes that color.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Sorry, Parnelli. Just a poor attempt at humor. Using the old Godfather scene in the beginning of the movie when Don Corleone is asked favors on his daughter's wedding day. Story goes- a reasonible request/offer can't be refused on a daughter's wedding day.

I knew you had a metallic black, and the Tony.CO said he likes that color.
"The Godfather".....prolly the best movie EVER! Know the scene well.
I was confused because I thought Tony was looking for 'crazy' colors....not black. Besides, mine has to many miles. He's looking for less than 30K. I just recently had to say 'no' to a fellow RL'er looking for TT's. A good guy with a relatively fair offer, too (although a bit short of 'my number'). I just couldn't get myself to sell at the moment. I drove it up to Road America today for the annual Vintage Car Races and Car Show. Believe it or not I had THREE different people come up to me (unsolicited) and tell me to "never sell that car because it'll only go up in value"!

Quick Reply: Radar out for 993TT or S