Ultimate Motorwerks solution for 993TT chronic oil leakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Andreas Langhoff (2nd reg)
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here my response to an email from Kevin to me:

Kevin,

In the past I bought about 3000 USD of material from you.

Your choice off wording is completely unadequate here. This is not how you gain reputation. I am trying to give a helpful hand to 993 turbo co-owners.

I have none of the scavenge line info from you or your threads. It seems that RUF and Andial have done these lines before and it looks like you are copying info from them. My approach is different again.

I am not impacting your business at all. It is yourself who does not deliver to people who have done an upfront payment.
It is also not your thread. This is a thread of a forum for Porsche enthusiasts.

regards

Andreas

Il 13/01/2012 21:48, kevin ha scritto:
> Andreas,
>
> I own a business and am doing the very same thing. Infact did you glean the information from my thread to build your DIY kit?
>
> I also caution you. This is my thread and my business. Your comments and input on my thread impact my business. Do you want to pay for my business overhead? Do you want to pay for my advertising? If you want to form your own company and pay monies to Rennlist then all is fair..
>
> What are you doing for your fittings? Re-using the factory corroded fittings? I am CNC'ing all new fittings in stainless.
>
> In the end if you are supplying info for a DIY is one thing. Using other company resources (other companies) to build widgits and transfering monies to them for a product is commerce and does INFRINGE on PAYING Rennlist companies doing the very same thing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Kevin
Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

I love this place.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts

Really.. I have a Private Email from you asking me if I am interested in buying lines from you that you can have made???

If you want to manufacture your own lines kit or sell them for your friends company go for it..

Start you own thread and form your own business and become a site sponsor.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Andreas Langhoff (2nd reg)
Track Day

Since I just went through the setup of one set for my own car I have the possiblity to have other sets beeing made. Therefore by email I offered Kevin to get them from me quickly so to be able to serve his customers right now.

For me is not a business, but a hobby: If and only if I find out that the p-traps are effective in stopping oil back -flow into the turbos then I will probably have several sets made and I will sell these to fellow 993 tt owners and friends in the local Porsche Club. I didn't do a price calculation yet, but I do not expect real income from such a hobby activity.

For the time beeing my own lines are installed on the car and I will test their effectiveness over the next weeks.
On the outcome I will start a new thread indipendent of this one.

regards
Andreas
Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Andres,
This actually is Kevin's thread (that sponsors have to pay for to post). In general it is frowned upon to post similar things in other's for sale type threads and that's what you've done (regardless of weather you think it is just a hobby or not). I also do not think it is right to post private emails (and/or PM's) in threads.

just my 2cents

also pay up and become a member
Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I think the real issue here is that we are having difficulty sourcing these pipes. Kevin is struggling with making them and having a ready supply available even with customers lined up to buy, Andial, RUF and others appear not to be making them anymore, or they are very hard to come by - so others will now jump in and find alternative ways to get the problem solved.

You are right, its a bit confusing if Andreas is a supplier or just a DIY guy who is willing to make a few sets, hard to tell. I would recommend if he is the DIY kind-of guy, just start another thread. I would also have him join Rennlist, that would give him a level of credibility.

So, since this is Kevin's thread, Kevin what is the status of these lines, can you produce more, when, and what is the price (is it still $585 - that price point may also move people to DIY)?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
993Biturbo430
Intermediate

Kevin, you are still alive and kicking! I was worried about you, since I did not receive any response to my last e-mails (sent on Dec. 2nd and Jan 16th), enquiring about the delivery date for my turbo oil lines, ordered in June last year. Reading through this thread makes me feel better, as I realize that there are other guys who have been waiting for as long as (and for at least one fellah, even longer than) me.
Back on November 7th., you wrote to say that you had "all the materials and fittings to finish this batch of lines". Two and a half months later, where do we stand now?
It would be great if you would kindly let us know when we can expect those lines to be shipped to us.
Best regards, and a Happy New Year!
Thierry

Last edited by 993Biturbo430; 01-28-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts

Thierry, I have replied to your last email on November, I haven't received the December or January emails. You can CALL me, or PM me if you feel that you can't reach me.

Status is > I am waiting for a replacement tooling die (it isn't simple) When I receive it, I will gladly crank out these lines and ship them.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:44 AM
993Biturbo430
Intermediate

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the reply, and for the update. Now that people are aware of the reason for the delay, I am sure that they will be less restless. Not sure why my last two messages have not reached your inbox; in future, I will PM you through the website. Kindly give us an update from time to time as to the expected date of delivery of the tooling die, it will go a long way towards keeping us patient and understanding.
Did your supplier indicate a delivery date for it?

All the best.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:15 AM
Gatsby1
1st Gear

Hey Kevin
I've had an issue with several 993 Turbos with regards to oil smoke on start up and ingress into intake system. Thanks to several of your post and the valuable information that you have stated several times. You have massively helped me on my diagnostic path to solve the issue. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

One small bit of info that may be of help to others out there, if your fitting P trap scavenge lines or whether your fitting soft check valves on the oil scavenge/return lines from the turbo reservoir catch tank to the scavenge pump you must make sure you don't have any air leaks on the fittings. As this is a suction pipe and not a pressure its very hard to see and test this. I actually had a small air leak that was causing air to enter the scavenge pump and net result was failure to scavenge the oil correctly as the oil warmed and became thinner. This also then created an issue where the oil was sucked up through the oil breather from the turbo res and dumper straight into the intake system.

Cheers all

Mikey

Old 12-22-2022, 01:15 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 279 Likes on 188 Posts

I didn't know it at the time of my 2009 post above but I have these and mine never smokes....

Last edited by ronnie993tt; 12-22-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks solution for 993TT chronic oil leakers