Sponsored by:

I looked at a high mile Turbo S for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
5 pages, and yet not one shred of evidence that any of this story is true, or that the car even exists.

I'm not calling the OP a liar, but it would seem that he would've posted his "PB" paint job pics, since according to him it would take 6 weeks, and now it's 6 months.

Also, he's not added it to his signature or mentioned the car ever again.

My Spidey sense is tingling.
Your Spidey senses are tingling as are my olfactory senses. Could be the steaming pile of BS from this thread.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Certainly he must have before and after pics coming(?) If anybody went through such a story (finding an abused but worthwhile TT S) they'd be documenting it from the very beginning......

And anybody who read thru this lengthy thread deserves to see some pics. Even if it's just some 'after' pics.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
5 pages, and yet not one shred of evidence that any of this story is true, or that the car even exists.

I'm not calling the OP a liar, but it would seem that he would've posted his "PB" paint job pics, since according to him it would take 6 weeks, and now it's 6 months.

Also, he's not added it to his signature or mentioned the car ever again.

My Spidey sense is tingling.
His Public Profile shows:

General Information
Last Activity: Today 01:05 AM

Let's hope he post pics soon...
Old 10-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Take a look at post number 21 of the below thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...er-50-a-2.html

In it he states, "The car is still in the paint shop. When it's done it will be sold. It's a roach..

I regret buying it..

I'm not one for posting pics but if you need one, here ya' go..."

And the long awaited photo;

Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

That's it? One measly pic of a dirty fender? Come on, quit the strip tease and just take the clothes off. You must have other pics. You just spent $60k on a somewhat rare car. I'd be documenting it up the wazoo. Esp if it was going in for new paint. Don't you want documented pics for the eventual resale?

That's definitely the longest paint job on record, I'd guess.

ps, did you do the ppi after all? How'd it look?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Maybe I am wrong again,but that picture looks familiar.Wasn't there a tread from a guy who was driving his Blue Turbo S in the snow and loving it?I remember thinking that this guy is really enjoying his Turbo S.I still think this whole story is BS.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Ya know what is sad though? Even a passing PPI saying it is solid yet need cosmetics does not guarantee it wont go to **** in the next few months. That is what happened to me. Maybe the car did not like that I was doing the right things like changing fluids etc. etc

It would be interesting to see where this car went.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas993
I agree with the points Chris makes. It would have been easy to give up on the pursuit of my car. But I didn't and it has really paid off for me.

You will always wonder about this car if you don't fully investigate. Work out that PPI and go from there.
Patrick (Texas 993) knows from where he speaks (I think Shakespeare said stuff like that. ).

Chris makes the right points. Must pursue the PPI. With OK findings on the mechanicals, body and paint, make an offer commensurate with the PPI results. You could possibly end up owning a solid S for under $60k after doing all the necessary work.

Were service records mentioned? Sorry if I missed that.

Best of luck. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

chuck
Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csertich
Patrick (Texas 993) knows from where he speaks (I think Shakespeare said stuff like that. ).

Chris makes the right points. Must pursue the PPI. With OK findings on the mechanicals, body and paint, make an offer commensurate with the PPI results. You could possibly end up owning a solid S for under $60k after doing all the necessary work.

Were service records mentioned? Sorry if I missed that.

Best of luck. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

chuck
I think you missed this: https://rennlist.com/forums/7980106-post79.html

It's a "roach." But no info on the ppi, etc..
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh. I hate that. Guess I should read more closely. Must have been tired.

Thanks,

chuck
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Take a look at post number 21 of the below thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...er-50-a-2.html

In it he states, "The car is still in the paint shop. When it's done it will be sold. It's a roach..

I regret buying it..

I'm not one for posting pics but if you need one, here ya' go..."

And the long awaited photo;

BUMP.

What ever happened to this car? Is the paint job finished? Is it up for sale somewhere? I've read through the whole post and it was an interesting story. And a great price for a Turbo S. The OP is still here and posting on RL.

But it's like the power went out at the movie theater and I couldn't get to see the end. Or like the last 10 pages of the novel I was reading are missing.

What gives? Why no more pics?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Augustus Davies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon56
I think you missed this: https://rennlist.com/forums/7980106-post79.html

It's a "roach." But no info on the ppi, etc..
Canyon,
I saw your coment on another thread. Sorry for forgetting to update this one. I had answered so many PMs I thought I had..

Update: The car was throughly inspected while at my freinds paint shop. Things were not as I expected and I sold the car. I cannot say anymore as I have signed the equivalent of a gag order. The car will retain its original color.
BARNEY

Last edited by Augustus Davies; 04-25-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustus Davies
Canyon,
In saw your coment on another thread. Sorry for fogetting to update this one. I had answered so many PMs I thought I had..

Update: The car was throughly inspected while at my freinds paint shop. Things were not as I expected and I sold the car. I cannot say anymore as I have signed the equivalent of a gag order. The car will retain its original color.
BARNEY
Keep in mind there's no such thing as a gag order to protect the individual from accessory to fraud. Signing a document in which one agrees to withhold information pertaining to the condition of a vehicle, then selling it to a dealer, worse still with the intent for the vehicle to be resold or to be transported over State lines ... that's a helluva an unexploded bomb and turns a bad deal into a long term question mark every time there's a knock at the door.

Quick Reply: I looked at a high mile Turbo S for sale