Sponsored by:

LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laporsche
Wow, opinions are like ********, everyone has them.
If you are going to talk, give me your name so I can see what you purchased big talker.
Great how you guys have all these stories but hid behind your secret ID...
Instead you want to bitch and moan...
Maybe you should have stood up for yourselves ...
We just get your aftermath and help clean up messes you make....
I stopped reading Rennlist long ago because it seems like you guys get off throwing mud at everyone else acting like you sit in a perfect bubble.....
For the rest of you, I truly hope you never need us......
Absolutely amazing. Wow. Is this your sales-talk? Must be since you are adressing a pretty large (world-wide) community of "potential" customers. However it's a bit like someone there came across the one time I called (no, never again).

I happen to know Jostein's shop who is handling his engine, Autotuning, very well. It is not without a reason they became the first RUF-authorized shop in Scandinavia. Espen there is doing amazing work and the last thing on their mind as I know them, is to screw off customers.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
sfju
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can`t believe my eyes reading laporsche`s hard talk.

More than one thousand peolpe world wide having read Saras aggressiv defense thread,
and still people coming to watch.

What about all the small talk in Porsche circles.
Can`t be healthy for business.

Feel sorry for LaPorsche , or maybe I am just an oldfashioned fool.

But maybe Laporsche learn.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard talk from all of you is what brought me here in the first place. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can speak bluntly to all of you the way you have been speaking about us. I have built a tough skin over the years. How would you like answering the phone at the business you own and being dismissed just because they hear a womans voice? Then ask if I am the secretary. I am not attacking I am on the defense. What is fair is fair. As I said, let me know who has a specific problem, I'll research our records and get the true story of what happened. I have confidence in my business and the parts we sell. I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me. Funny thing is, I have been getting PM's asking for parts. I guess any publicity is good publicity. There are other small business owners out there that completely understand my position and why I am reacting somewhat emotionally. You guys are pulling at my heart strings with some of your stinging comments about me and my family.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Sara. Let's see a pic of the turbo s.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard talk from all of you is what brought me here in the first place. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can speak bluntly to all of you the way you have been speaking about us. I have built a tough skin over the years. How would you like answering the phone at the business you own and being dismissed just because they hear a womans voice? Then ask if I am the secretary. I am not attacking I am on the defense.
What does any of that have to do with the thread? Nobody said anything about you being a woman.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Whew, a nice comment for a change. Thanks, my body can relax a little. Will try when I get home. Black on black w/yellow belts, high gloss black wheels (yellow calipers show through nicely) concours clean (not that we would ever show). We are in the midst of revamping our website and I wanted to take pix of all our collectibles so I will try to do that this weekend. I have driven almost every make and model myself until Todd gets a hold of them (he cut the front clip off my GT3 a month ago) and then sold the engine out of my 996 turbo
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
myturbo36
Instructor

As another data point, I have spent more than $8k with LAPD over the last few years. I deal primarily with Todd and have had no issues. On occasion when small pieces were missing, they promptly shipped them out to me, no questions asked. As stated earlier, LAPD has or can get many hard to find parts…
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
graeme36s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living in the UK I am unlikely to ever need LA's services but who knows and I am trying to make this an impartial post.
There are very few business's that are perfect. I appreciate Sara's input and the fact that she is defending her business. Her retaliation maybe a little in your face but in reality a few guys on here that are dissatisfied customers are unlikely to have any effect on their business so if they where as bad as some people would like you to believe why would Sara bother to defend. Their still selling parts anyway. The fact that she is willing to post on this forum leads me to believe that they are doing their best to provide an honest service, they may not be perfect but they appear to be willing to try. As Sara said they have ended up employing a few bad apples that in effect tarnished their name but I to can list a number of guys I wish I never had employed.
For those guys that are unhappy, take Sara up on her offer and see if you can redress the situation. I maybe a mile out but I do not think so. A lot of the idiots that I have dealt with over the years take the money, keep their heads down and run away.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

FYI Email received today from customer in Canada:
from GEORGE GEAR <xxx.ca>
to Los Angeles Dismantler for Porsche 911 & Boxster <gil@911pcar.com>,
date Feb 8, 2008 1:46 PM
subject Re: porsche taillight harness

hide details 1:46 PM (11 minutes ago)

I bought it off you already, works as advertised, Thanks, have a good weekend.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can speak bluntly to all of you the way you have been speaking about us.
Stay on topic, being a woman has nothing to do with this. Did you sort out the issue as per the original post? If not what is your proposal to solve it?

Originally Posted by jostein
...the engine was in a poor condition and not correctly assembled.....The extra cost in order to get the engine up to a reasonable condition cost me an additional 7000 Euro, or US$17000.
I called and wrote emails to LAD and informed about the situation, but they refused to take responsibility.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

I think I am on topic (was called a stipper in a post, just a little demeaning don't ya think?). Being a woman speaking bluntly like this (as opposed to men I have seen posting much worse) might get me labeled a B... by some old-schoolers. Kind of like men who sleep around are studs and girls that sleep around are w...(worse . I've been a manager most of my life (usually over men older than myself, try ex-cops securing diamonds for example) so I know what some think. You can guess I'm not a shrinking violet.

Here was our Jostein response some of it might make sense, some won't since we have had a tremendous amount of emails back and forth. This is after he treatened to post all around the world if he did not receive for free:

From Jostein: Since I still want to modify my car in some areas may I propose that you provide me with the following items as a compensation:

-92 liter tank
-Litronic head light
-18" wheels

We never received a response.

fromLos Angeles Dismantler for Porsche 911 & Boxster <info@911pcar.com>
reply-toinfo@911pcar.com,

toJostein Aleksandersen <xxx@gmail.com>,

dateFeb 1, 2008 3:27 PM
subjectRe: 993 TURBO ENGINE TO NORWAY - COMPLAINT ON QUALITY
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Feb 1 (8 days ago) Reply

Jostein,

Sorry for the late reply,

First off when we sold you the engine ( before we shipped it) , Todd specifically stated/recommended the following:
Change the Valve cover Gaskets
Engine Seals
Recommend a Twin Turbo Rebuild due to the fact that the engine had 40,000 miles.
All this could have been done easily and at a low cost due to the fact that the engine was out.

We could have provided a full rebuild for both of your turbos @ $500, But you never told us you had a problem with the turbos till after the fact.

The headers and turbos were removed off the car when shipped due to the fact that we had a miscommunication with our mechanic/shipping department. If anything the fact that those pieces were removed should have saved you money since your mechanic would not have to remove them.

At the time of purchase you clearly stated that your intentions were to have the engine rebuilt to high performance specs by a your mechanic. It seems as if your taking advantage of us and having us pay for your rebuild when your original plan was to rebuild it anyways.

We then sent you the only set of Big Red Calipers at no additional cost to make up for our mistake ($2000 value)...at the time of your purchase we couldn't sell you the calipers because we had non in stock, they are getting rarer and rarer these days. If your not Satisfied with the calipers you should have told us when you received them and sent them back. You can still send them back and we will send you a replacement set.

We can not offer you the parts you requested as compensation for your performance upgrades.

The best we can do is:
Offer you The Litronic headlights at a discounted price of $750 (normally for $1,500) , We only have USA Spec fuel tanks you can have it for free provided you pay shipping, as for the 18inch wheels they are not available right now.

This is turning out to be a big headache, at this point you could very well pack that engine up and send it back to us for a refund, in as is condition.

Let us know what you would like to do.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I think I am on topic (was called a stipper in a post, just a little demeaning don't ya think?). Being a woman speaking bluntly like this (as opposed to men I have seen posting much worse) might get me labeled a B... by some old-schoolers. Kind of like men who sleep around are studs and girls that sleep around are w...(worse . I've been a manager most of my life (usually over men older than myself, try ex-cops securing diamonds for example) so I know what some think. You can guess I'm not a shrinking violet.

Here was our Jostein response some of it might make sense, some won't since we have had a tremendous amount of emails back and forth. This is after he treatened to post all around the world if he did not receive for free:

From Jostein: Since I still want to modify my car in some areas may I propose that you provide me with the following items as a compensation:

-92 liter tank
-Litronic head light
-18" wheels

We never received a response.

fromLos Angeles Dismantler for Porsche 911 & Boxster <info@911pcar.com>
reply-toinfo@911pcar.com,

toJostein Aleksandersen <xxx@gmail.com>,

dateFeb 1, 2008 3:27 PM
subjectRe: 993 TURBO ENGINE TO NORWAY - COMPLAINT ON QUALITY
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Feb 1 (8 days ago) Reply

Jostein,

Sorry for the late reply,

First off when we sold you the engine ( before we shipped it) , Todd specifically stated/recommended the following:
Change the Valve cover Gaskets
Engine Seals
Recommend a Twin Turbo Rebuild due to the fact that the engine had 40,000 miles.
All this could have been done easily and at a low cost due to the fact that the engine was out.

We could have provided a full rebuild for both of your turbos @ $500, But you never told us you had a problem with the turbos till after the fact.

The headers and turbos were removed off the car when shipped due to the fact that we had a miscommunication with our mechanic/shipping department. If anything the fact that those pieces were removed should have saved you money since your mechanic would not have to remove them.

At the time of purchase you clearly stated that your intentions were to have the engine rebuilt to high performance specs by a your mechanic. It seems as if your taking advantage of us and having us pay for your rebuild when your original plan was to rebuild it anyways.

We then sent you the only set of Big Red Calipers at no additional cost to make up for our mistake ($2000 value)...at the time of your purchase we couldn't sell you the calipers because we had non in stock, they are getting rarer and rarer these days. If your not Satisfied with the calipers you should have told us when you received them and sent them back. You can still send them back and we will send you a replacement set.

We can not offer you the parts you requested as compensation for your performance upgrades.

The best we can do is:
Offer you The Litronic headlights at a discounted price of $750 (normally for $1,500) , We only have USA Spec fuel tanks you can have it for free provided you pay shipping, as for the 18inch wheels they are not available right now.

This is turning out to be a big headache, at this point you could very well pack that engine up and send it back to us for a refund, in as is condition.

Let us know what you would like to do.

You were going to rebuild two turbos, replace all valve cover gaskets and replace all of the engine seals for $500??
Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

No just the turbos, we suggested that he do the rest during his rebuild. We don't rebuild ourselves, we just sell parts.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:11 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting reading, probably two sides here, but it's never a good idea to confront disgruntled customers on line in a public forum. It will never turn out good, better to just stick to the facts in a very business like-matter of fact manner, ignoring any small comments. Just some advice, take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

but it's never a good idea to confront disgruntled customers on line in a public forum
+1000 You got that right Chris. Sara you might as well stop, you're not doing youself any good. I say that respectfully. People on here have already made up their minds and you won't change them. You have some that come on here and have defended you and some that want to voice their complaints. it's a tug of war with no winner. Now let's see the "S"

P.S. Good luck to you and your business.

Quick Reply: LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE