Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cruzrmm: There is an 1996 Arena Red/Grey 993TT with 9,950 miles for $82,900 in the 'Mart' section of www.pca.org. Of course you have to be a PCA member to see the ad. The ad number is 12382 in case you are interested.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Location: Morro Bay, CA and West Glacier - Glacier National Park, MT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iborroel
Cruzrmm: There is an 1996 Arena Red/Grey 993TT with 9,950 miles for $82,900 in the 'Mart' section of www.pca.org. Of course you have to be a PCA member to see the ad. The ad number is 12382 in case you are interested.
Thanks for the lead.
I heard about this TT a few days ago.
I did contact the Seller last weekend and might take a look at it.
I am not a member of PCA, tried to join using the OnLine Link but it requires the VIN# of your Porsche to become a member.
Pretty stupid!
No membership allowed until you own a P-car and I want to see the For Sale (Members Only) ads to become an owner.

Really, I'm still hoping to find a BLUE TT but after the last deal blew up ARENA Red is starting to look pretty good.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruzrmm
Really, I'm still hoping to find a BLUE TT but after the last deal blew up ARENA Red is starting to look pretty good.
Patience grasshopper. There are people on this board that have looked for years (and maybe waited for a deal that was too good to be true). I am confident that you will find EXACTLY the car you are looking for. Don't settle for anything less. I saw the dark blue 993TT on e-bay. Absolutely aweseome color combination (except for the wheels maybe). I'm sure it was worth the price to the person who bought it. In any case, cars like this do come up every once in a while. After all, there were over 3000 TTs built. Good luck!

BTW - I heard some time ago that you can join PCA as a restricted member as long as your actively shopping for a car. You might want to check that out. Alternatively, I'm sure fellow rennlisters will continue to throw some more 993TT leads your way. I'll have a look - although I recently started a love affair with a slightly older (blue) 964T.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Patience grasshopper. There are people on this board that have looked for years (and maybe waited for a deal that was too good to be true). I am confident that you will find EXACTLY the car you are looking for. Don't settle for anything less. I saw the dark blue 993TT on e-bay. Absolutely aweseome color combination (except for the wheels maybe). I'm sure it was worth the price to the person who bought it. In any case, cars like this do come up every once in a while. After all, there were over 3000 TTs built. Good luck!

BTW - I heard some time ago that you can join PCA as a restricted member as long as your actively shopping for a car. You might want to check that out. Alternatively, I'm sure fellow rennlisters will continue to throw some more 993TT leads your way. I'll have a look - although I recently started a love affair with a slightly older (blue) 964T.
Thanks for the advice Frank,
Ahh yes, patience - Of course I will continue to look for the "right" TT
I guess that some of my frustration from that last deal was overriding my enthusiasm.
I have have heard from others that eventually I will find what I'm looking for, but I start to question how many BLUE TT's are out there with low miles and in the condition that I want.

And I truly do appreciate all of the leads that Rennlist Members and others have sent my way.
In fact I appreciate the assistance that Rennlist offers so much that I became a Member yesterday (status not changed yet).
I always support people and other means of assistance that support me.
What comes around - goes around, and the best things in life are shared and maintained, including web sites like this one.

Besides, half the fun is seeing just what can be found that is not necessarily actively for sale.

Keep the leads coming and I will keep a positive attitude
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 PM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Cruzrmm]...I have have heard from others that eventually I will find what I'm looking for, but I start to question how many BLUE TT's are out there with low miles and in the condition that I want.
QUOTE]

Always have hope. At least I think blue TT's are a little bit more common than white ones. It took me awhile to find that exact car I wanted in terms of color combo, conditions, mileage and model year. I wanted a '97 white with black interior that's in perfect conditions while most white TT's I've seen were with either beige or gray interiors. I found it just when I was about to give up and even started to look into F355's.
It's out there somewhere. Your "right" car will come. Just be patient. Sometimes it just shows up when you're not actively searching...mine did.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

see what I mean....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...QQcmdZViewItem

Now, back to looking for that blue TT.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

[QUOTE=PK]
Originally Posted by Cruzrmm
...I have have heard from others that eventually I will find what I'm looking for, but I start to question how many BLUE TT's are out there with low miles and in the condition that I want.
QUOTE]

Always have hope. At least I think blue TT's are a little bit more common than white ones. It took me awhile to find that exact car I wanted in terms of color combo, conditions, mileage and model year. I wanted a '97 white with black interior that's in perfect conditions while most white TT's I've seen were with either beige or gray interiors. I found it just when I was about to give up and even started to look into F355's.
It's out there somewhere. Your "right" car will come. Just be patient. Sometimes it just shows up when you're not actively searching...mine did.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
Thanks for the support.
I have found a number of '97 WHITE TT's during my search.
Two have black interiors and one has a gray interior.
And a number have tan or other color interiors; even saw one with a blue interior.
These 3 are low miles and seem to be in excellent condition.
Too bad I am not looking for a WHITE TT! LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Hatch and Sons still lists the arena red http://www.hatchandsons.com/pages/sa...facturers/2489
Old 04-04-2006, 09:48 PM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the pics of both, namely the instrument rings and the gauges, there probably aren't two of them with those exclusive options, maybe just a fluke, but unlikely.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Hey Spencer
I like the new Avatar!
Out with the old and in with the new
Old 04-05-2006, 08:36 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well hell they are all old except my wifes targa... I need a group pic.... that is a weekend project.. Thanks Cruzmm, any new leads yet, I have my eyes open.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 AM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 69 Posts

Maybe you should broaden your scope and just look for a fine, low milage example. I know blue is your favorite but there are lots of other beautiful colors! Quite frankly I haven't seen one I diden't like....
good luck
Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Originally Posted by shaynes
Well hell they are all old except my wifes targa... I need a group pic.... that is a weekend project.. Thanks Cruzmm, any new leads yet, I have my eyes open.
Lots of leads, but not taking me in the right direction.
The ARENA Red TT Link that you sent me last weekend is a little interesting.
He sent me a full set of photos, looks pretty nice.
I told him that I am going to hang on for a while to see if something BLUE can be found.
BTW- He is stuck on $82k
I think that I would be interested if it could be bought for less than $75
If it is still available in a few weeks (and I have not found something else) I will make make an offer to see how motivated he is to sell.

Last edited by Cruzrmm; 04-05-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Originally Posted by strato58
Maybe you should broaden your scope and just look for a fine, low milage example. I know blue is your favorite but there are lots of other beautiful colors! Quite frankly I haven't seen one I diden't like....
good luck
I also have not seen a color that I could not appreciate but there are only 2 colors that I want to consider that I would like to see in my garage.
As mentioned previously in this Thread-
My first choice is a BLUE that is somewhat lighter and brighter than Midnight Blue.
A close Second choice is ARENA Red.
Interior colors are Gray or Black only.
I have passed up some Blue and also Arena Red TT's because they did not have the interior that I want.
I have also passed on high mileage TT's with these colors.
I am very specific with what I want to purchase and I am sure that I will find it.
ARENA Red is much more common than BLUE so I am ready to buy an ARENA Red if I can find one with ultra low miles and with the interior color and options that I want to see.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Cruzrmm
Advanced

Just got an e-mail from the Seller of the '97 ZENITH Blue TT that his cash was wired yesterday and the Buyer's agent arrived and the vehicle was picked up.
Damn..........

Quick Reply: WTB 993TT