Sponsored by:

Update: Ruf + Kevin's stage 2 ZC, 100 cell CATS

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:55 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update: Ruf + Kevin's stage 2 ZC, 100 cell CATS

Well I've been playing with much higher boost lately. Everything going exceptionally well. Yesterday (Saturday) had an impromptu, friendly match with a brand new Ferrari F430. He was leaving our PUD on a stretch of 2miles before going under a FWY overpass. I was leaving too and heard his exhaust tone. I thought maybe this would be a good time to check my car out. He punched it moderately and reached about 70mph, I was still about 60 yrds away, I don't think he knew I was behind him until we reached the end of the 2 mile stretch. At this time I knew he saw me and wanted to "play" as he made a wide left turn, leaving me room to be side by side on the other side of the FWY. With another 2 miles stretch before entering the FWY we both punched it from a rolling start, 2nd gear (about 2500rpm's). I took him easily until my tach started hitting 7,200 rpms. The sputtering and farting signaled to me that I needed to switch gear. All along my car sliding, fishtailing and I correcting as much as I could.......and then,........damn!! Went into 5th gear!! Under all the excitement, all the adrenaline I felt extremely cheated and frustrated! Yeah, I wish I had paddle shifting too!! Funny part is I caught up to him and we both did a turn around (didn't get on the FWY), and I was ready to do it again, so I got on the left lane of the road, he on the right and I signaled a thumbs up to him-you know to signify friendly admiration, then was ready for round 2.....He didn't want to play anymore! Mind you this area is an open part of Texas.....Definately no buildings/homes, just fields on both sides (of course would not even think of doing this on where either can spin out and hurt anything/anyone). I'm sure I'll see him again at some time or another.

Today, Sunday, I have been doing some Sunday driving with the top down, Santa Clause cap on. Doing 3500 rpm's in third gear.....punch it in a straight away- Whamm no lag instant torque, tires break loose, only this time car's rear fishtails to the right. Lots of torque! I'd say those hibrids are totally awesome, and the 100 cell cats are just a little louder, but since it's not my daily driver, and is what's used for Ruf, I can totally live with it (no mufflers). The cams give it a familiar rhythm at idle.....had Bob and Wayne at Ruf doing a little dance to the idle rhythm...it was funny.

Jaime
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

Jaime, you need to get a video from another car behind you.. A video of the idle with 100 cell cats, no mufflers..
Old 12-12-2005, 04:35 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a nice Christmas present Jaime.... Enjoy...
Old 12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hi guys. Thanks. Sure has been fun.

Kevin, a video from behind.......to document how it slides? Or, to hear what it sounds like?

Jaime
Old 12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Both
Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Ok, I have a Sony mini-camcorder.....the one with the little mini cassetts. How do I down load to this site? I've never done video...anybody??

Jaime
Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Create an account at putfile.com then post the url here Jaime.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jaime, have you figured it out yet? Maybe we can find someone to host it for you..
Old 12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hi Kevin. Sorry, Have been working the grave-yard shifts (13-14hrs per shift), and sleeping in the daytime. I Have a few days off before I fly out to Calif. Will try to put it together.

Jaime
Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Ok, got some prelim video of the exhaust tone. Tomorrow will try to see who can video behind me (damn, I hate it when everybody has to work). Anyway, so once I have the video done......Ok, yes I'm sort of a dinosaur here, somehow I have to save it on my laptop....right?? What program should I use? Then, (duh) what do you mean I need a "host" or get it hosted??? I feel dense right now

Oh, yes, anyone can please chime in...

Jaime

Quick Reply: Update: Ruf + Kevin's stage 2 ZC, 100 cell CATS