Sponsored by:

Where is everybody??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Where is everybody??????

I remember many hot topics, heavy performance oriented chat with lots of tips, observations.......where did everybody go?? Don't tell me everybody sold their 993tt
Old 10-01-2005, 01:18 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, mines in the shop over at Steve Kaspers getting a RS shifter installed, oil change and a RUF aux. oil cooler installed. Oh and I just had some R compound Corsa's put on so some re-alignment is being done. Bumping the camber to 1.5f/1.9r. Gonna do the DE at Heartland Park the end of the month. New surface and their opening a old section of the track thats not been run on in a few years. Happy as a hog, the run-offs are coming back there and I intend on being one of the first ones on the track. Short of these last few mods, I'm done.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:24 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Jaime
This is the cleanest board on Rennlist, rarely will you see anymore builders or tuners coming here posting that they can spin the tires inside the wheels in 4th gear etc... Many Tuners (If you can call whoever opened a shop to sell off-the-shelf parts a tuner) do that on the 996TT board, and believe me, that is a great place to hang out, you can have so much fun

People like Kevin who keep genuinely supporting with technical information and know-how have become very rare. Tuners (Grocers?) who can hardly sell anymore on the 993TT board because people have become "wiser", just don't post here anymore, as they don't have a business, they also do not help you with technical information, what's in it for them? This clearly shows who is a true die hard Porschefile and who is not, sadly.

Finally, I personally am sick of answering many PMs and emails with questions from people I don't know, take the time to do research and try to provide the best answer you can, and then you don't even get a reply from the guy, or he tells you "Call me to discuss" !!?? WTF! Worse, you are accused of being biased when you could not care less who gets what business.

You also share info on the board like TB993TT's thread on K24lag a few posts down, and there clearly is no interest, or people just want to read, not share opinions. Post a picture thread and see the number of hits on it, the amount of opinions and feedback.
Rant over

Tom, you might want to increase your front camber to get it close to the rear setup, the balance change will be amazing, just a thought.

This is a great place

Last edited by Jean; 10-01-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

The 993TT board is definately one of the best... And from my memory it always has been. There just isn't enough time in the day.. I have a few interesting thought about TB's recent topic... but I have a new toy I'm setting up right now..
Old 10-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jaime,

I know what you mean. Here is one possitive theory!

- We drive our cars. That is one very possitive thing, I'm allergic to people not using their performance cars. However, people who take their time in detailing I respect. The 993 is one stunning cars with neverending lines. I've spoken to a car photographer at a commercial shoot for cars about taking pictures of the 993. It's clearly one of the most rewarding cars to take pictures of.

- We dont write BS. I once decided to take a walk around the park (visit the other Rennlist Boards). I'm just amazed of the amount of trolling going on. I've seen the most sickest opinions and some serious BS.

- The "fakes" that Jean talks about, are chased away with blow torch, tar and feathers. On the other hand, this is done be asking very much in details. I love details, and if someone can proove their point, I'll gladly accept it.

- I personally, do not want to add things to thread where I feel I can not contribute. The level of discussion here is at a quite advanced, and just reading is very educating. But some times I just can stay away from a few "cool"/"awesome"/"wonderful" comments...

- I've had in mind of selling my TT and get a GT3. The problem is that the GT3 lacks the punch and is not as near as good looking as the 993.

The 993 Turbo is a rare car. The numbers are far more less than many other Porsches. Meaning less users and less Rennlisters here.

- Finally, winter is coming up. I usually get very car sick around christmas and just as many others this will end up in reading and posting threads more than ever.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Looking at the webpages on my 'favorites' list I see a forum for projectors and one for reef aquariums.
Rarely go there anymore 'cause the projector and aquarium are set up quite nicely now.
The car is still a work in progress (motons, rods/plugs) and driving skills developing so this is the place.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:06 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I'm still here. Unfortunately, the TT has been getting ZERO use for some time now and I'm contemplating the kind of issues expressed by AC in his earlier post about selling it. Stay tuned...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:58 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would suspect the fading economy has taken some mod money out of circulation.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:04 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin
The 993TT board is definately one of the best... And from my memory it always has been. There just isn't enough time in the day.. I have a few interesting thought about TB's recent topic... but I have a new toy I'm setting up right now..
Dyno arrived... huh?! BTW - Do you allow visitors? If yes, PM me your shop address which I believe is in Monroe; I'm in Redmond and would love to check out the shop.

Regarding "where is everyone", well, most topics have been discussed and using search yields great info and avoids repeated threads. I'm mostly keeping an eye on Kevin's goodies and how people like them since I'm saving up for the Stage 1 upgrade.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying my TT everyday (daily driver 2 to 3 days a week) and occassional track driving. I just installed GT3 seats with 6 point harnesses so will be testing them out at the track in a few days!

Basically, I think we're all lovin' the cars
Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

I'm still here too !!!

I have not posted much lately as:

1.) My car developed an electrical glitch that took weeks to track down and find. This pretty much ruined by fun with the car this summer !

2.) Since the big "melt down" on the 993 forum, I been cooled a bit about bringing topics out into the public. Staying in the background makes me sad, but at the same time, who wants to be flamed over such silly stuff as what we have seen recently???

I am hoping that with some of the cars trading hands, things might settle down some. It would sure be nice if things got back to more free-form technical discussions with less flame wars over simply different appraoches to doing things...

Looking forward, the list of projects for my car is longer than ever. It has moved past "development" and gone to simple passion. I sometimes think about other "hobby" cars, but nothing ever seems to come close.

Backed up "to-do's" include:

* Completing the restoration and installation of my Recaro A8 seats
* turbo "S" wing
*installing turbo "S" front chin (aready painted and attached to euro bumper cover)
* Non Air-bag 930S OEM steering wheel
* Carbon Fiber interior trim
* Deciding to install or sell the Cargraphics Intercooler vs. Andial
* 934 Boost Guage
* Paul Guard clutch type limited slip carrier
* Moton's Front and Rear with my new camber plates in front and improved rear perch.

With the above, it should be a fun and busy winter.

Regards
Old 10-01-2005, 03:17 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. Looking foreward to cooler months so that I can work on my car without throwing a big sweat! I was feeling somewhat lonely on this forum section due to decreasing performance topics. I like the 964 forum.....but mostly for the cosmetic stuff of my car.

thanks guys, Jaime
Old 10-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm here but I don't have a 993TT yet (despite wanting one) so I just lurk.

Marc
Old 10-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Jim,

Nice projects you got going on there. I also want a 934 boost gauge! About the intercooler issue, I know at least one person on this forum that got plenty of info about them....
Old 10-01-2005, 06:58 PM
weston98
Rennlist Member

To everyone,

I thourougly enjoy reading and learning on this board. I am here every day. I drive my car around 6k mi/yr (weekends only). The '84 Carrera is my track car.

Washed and waxed the TT today, P 21S. Looking to add a GT3 to the collection.

Thanks for sharing information and great experiences.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:41 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jean

Tom, you might want to increase your front camber to get it close to the rear setup, the balance change will be amazing, just a thought.
I did consider that and aware thats the best, however I want to try this first b/c I see more street than track use and I would also like to see how tires wear with Pirelli opsed to MPCS.

Not to much info from my search w/respect to camber settings in the 993TT forum I might add but from what I was able to determine that was a good place to start.

I might add myself that I tend to search and read more of what others are doing. I'm pretty new with these twins and alot of you guys know more than I . I am pretty happy with what HP & mods I have now and feel more dedicated to re-learning preformance driving after being away from the track about 10 years. (funny how marriage and kids do that). Really the only thing I have though about is upgrading my suspension or perhaps selling my car now w/24k miles on the clock or taking a big leap and buying another twin and turning it into a GT2. nuts.............

Quick Reply: Where is everybody??????