Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:30 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ +1.
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo959

white is the only color car that can pull off having body-colored wheels.
As gorgeous as your Recaros are, I think your 993 can pull off anything in the looks department.
Nice surprise receiving your advance pic yesterday

with these seats i don't have any pain in my back!

I mean.... for my Wife.....

i decided on ride quality/comfort for my wife....
Easy to forget this passion project has a higher purpose: to please the lady. You told me she loves red; I bet she'll soon swoon for white.

Would like to be a fly on the wall when she sees her new Speedster for the first time
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default SPOTLIGHT - Seat Belt Webbing

Seatbelts were redone by a company Seatbelt Planet They repair and replace all seat belts. I requested information from them to share with my fellow R'Lister's and this is what they sent me (included are pictures of my actual seatbelts going through the color replacement process):

“The SeatbeltDoctor™ process is overseen by our company owner who is a mechanical engineer with over 19 years of experience working with equipment manufacturers and seatbelt component suppliers all over the world. Because SeatbeltPlanet.com is a manufacturer of seatbelts, we know exactly what it takes to build and repair seatbelts. The same machines that are used to build new seatbelts are also used to repair yours. These machines are tested to ensure proper bobbin timing, thread tension, and many other critical characteristics. All of this ensures that you are receiving professional seatbelt repair from a professional seatbelt manufacturer.

The SeatbeltDoctor™ service has access to 29 different colors of seatbelt webbing. The colors can be used to customize your interior to compliment almost any color scheme, match a favorite sports team, or fit any unique taste.

The key to success begins with the initial phone call where all the critical details of your vehicle and seatbelt are obtained by our very talented sales team. Once this information is obtained, we then determine the customer’s specific taste and the full scope of work that will be required.

Next, the customer receives a unique project number along with shipping instructions. When the seatbelts arrive, they undergo an extensive evaluation process. It’s not uncommon that we might find issues with the seatbelt that the owner never knew. Among the critical points of evaluation are the existing seatbelt tag, the condition of the retractor, recoil spring tension, and many other critical characteristics.

Following the initial evaluation, we log the configuration details and take pictures of the belts as they are prior to our work. We currently have a database of over 35,000 files associated with our seatbelt repair and reweb projects over the years. And the number grows every week. Proper documentation of our work is a critical part of our process.

We then methodically disassemble the seatbelts and continue to examine that the components are in good working order. We are careful to keep your existing OEM seatbelt tags intact, as we will reattach them when reassembling the belts. This helps maintain traceability from the original manufacturer.

We then make any necessary repairs and replace the original webbing. We include your OEM seatbelt tags and one of our own to ensure traceability throughout the life of the seatbelt. With the unique production code on our tag, we can see when the seatbelts were repaired, who did the repair, and what receiving lots our components came from. Before the complete seatbelt is carefully packaged for shipment, a final inspection is made by someone other than the craftsman who did the rework.

This is a process you can trust performed by a company you can trust.”

The Seatbelts before installation:

And after installation:

Please feel free to examine the Seatbelts at the Porsche Parade.

-Ben
Old 06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The seats and seat belts look great!!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 PM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pirahna
Did you put in the Bat console or did the car come with it? Are you leaving it as is or modifying it?
I had this installed. The only way i will be modifying it for now is to change the two switches on the left side to two rocker switches for the heated seats (these will later be silk screened with heated seat symbol).

-Ben
Old 06-06-2014, 04:07 AM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Default UPDATE - Seats

'nuff said.

-Ben
Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

'nuff said.

-Ben
WOW! These Recaro A8s make mine look like sh*t! Good job!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:43 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ Those came out great!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:19 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Whoa. Leather recline ****. That's baller.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Lookin hawt!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still can't get over the amount of attention to detail going into this build! Kudos to you! Keep up the great work and can't wait to see the finished build!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:57 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Storm trooper like finish on those seats!!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sole_
WOW! These Recaro A8s make mine look like sh*t! Good job!
Thanks! (and sorry)

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^ Those came out great!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Whoa. Leather recline ****. That's baller.
And also the lever to fold the seats forward (not installed yet)
Thanks!

Originally Posted by doberdog
Lookin hawt!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
I still can't get over the amount of attention to detail going into this build! Kudos to you! Keep up the great work and can't wait to see the finished build!
Thanks! but it's not me.... it's Daniel, Todd, Kevin, Jaeger, John (JP), another John, and even another John, and yes...another John....and a Dave, and Darrin, and Graham, and Lori, and Joey, and Justin, and Doug, and another Kevin, and Morris.... and Jaeger (again)..... and many others that i hope to thank properly!!

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Storm trooper like finish on those seats!!
As JP says... the classic look of speedsters-past..... and that goes along with the theme of the car that i will release at a later date.... this is a tribute car.... it will make sense later when you see the final pictures.
i'll give you a hint that will do nothing more then confuse you.... but if you figure it out (open to everyone on the forum) you will get one of these:

Hint: Number 33

I hope that helps! But i'm sure it doesn't!!

First person to post the correct answer wins!

-Ben
Old 06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

One more thing.... contest is not open to JP or Jaeger.... sorry guys

-Ben
Old 06-06-2014, 05:42 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Speedster wear and a line of soft luggage?? It's becoming a lifestyle!! An illness!!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Speedster wear and a line of soft luggage?? It's becoming a lifestyle!! An illness!!
Luggage.... That's a great idea!!!.... i'm on it!!!

Quick Reply: Oh No!! .... Not another 993 Speedster Project - Pure Sex Edition