Sponsored by:

Werks Reunion Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

water, lunch is locked down by Rancho Canada. A sore point we're going to address with the management. If I had my way, we'd bring in some taco trucks. PCA doesn't make any money on the food. Actually, thanks to the sponsors, we get to break even. It's expensive to rent that piece of property. btw, the $44.95 shirt cost a bit more than $10, but I know you know that Apparel doesn't have a huge mark up at this show. We weren't running this as a revenue generator (thus why there was no charge for admission and the entry fees were more than reasonable). Church keeps all the parking fees.

500 cars was what we could spend and Rancho Canada agreed to. Legends never reached that number. We were amazed and happy that we had some an incredible turnout on the first year. After some rest for the volunteer organizers, we will debrief and begin work on the punch list for improvements in 2015.

Thanks to all those who brought some really cool cars. It was a very fun day but went by too fast even though I showed up at 530AM and left at 7PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

water, lunch is locked down by Rancho Canada. A sore point we're going to address with the management. If I had my way, we'd bring in some taco trucks. PCA doesn't make any money on the food. Actually, thanks to the sponsors, we get to break even. It's expensive to rent that piece of property. btw, the $44.95 shirt cost a bit more than $10, but I know you know that Apparel doesn't have a huge mark up at this show. We weren't running this as a revenue generator (thus why there was no charge for admission and the entry fees were more than reasonable). Church keeps all the parking fees.

500 cars was what we could spend and Rancho Canada agreed to. Legends never reached that number. We were amazed and happy that we had some an incredible turnout on the first year. After some rest for the volunteer organizers, we will debrief and begin work on the punch list for improvements in 2015.

Thanks to all those who brought some really cool cars. It was a very fun day but went by too fast even though I showed up at 530AM and left at 7PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Manny, the event was awesome for the first year AND quite frankly, there was so much eye candy that my daughter and I didn't even notice that food or goodies were for sale!

Nice work!

Originally Posted by Manny Alban

Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My biggest complaint is how much money they are charging to just LOOK at the cars! The RM auction in particular...$40.00!!! Please, to go in to look see at cars and have the opportunity to buy memorabilia? PASS.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

The day was great and, since I didn't come to eat, I didn't even mind the box lunch, but I would say the Porta-Potty capacity is in need of an expansion plan. One of the quartet of potties under the trees had to be abandoned and I am not sure can ever be recovered for future use.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

yeah, bathrooms were vastly underestimated. They used the same as Legends last year. That gives you an idea of how many more people came this year. Going to have a lot more of those next year. Any other suggestions fire away.

I have to say it was cool having the different factions of Porsche clubs there. Everyone mixing pretty well.

I also loved the grass banking where the race cars were displayed...but I'm biased, I thought of it

Big shout out goes to Tom and Sandi Provasi who worked tirelessly for the past months making this happen. We were a little nervous breaking away from Legends, but felt strongly that there was enough support to have a concours to call our own. I think the results confirmed that.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The event was fantastic. I hope it continues for many years to come.

Thank you, Manny/PCA.

Harry
Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

It really was a great event. Bathrooms were really the big one on my list. You had plenty of cold German beer, probably adding to the problem.

Oh, and tell the CHP they don't need to screw up, I mean direct traffic. They were camped out at every intersection east and west, and I have trouble visualizing their benefit. Took me an hour to get as far a Baja Cantina after leaving at about 4:30. Poor old long hood in front of me smelled like he was burning up.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

One suggestion would be to have signed areas for Rennlist and other internet fora or interest groups to meet up with maybe even name tags available for people to fill out.

I probably walked past a million people I would have liked to meet like Ed Hughes above or Nurburger below.

Last edited by Cupcar; 08-18-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Another thing is Porsche specific vendors given the success of the first event I bet a lot more would pay to come and help with costs of event.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Of all the cars there, my personal favorite was in the corral, a long hood quintessential 911 stood out from the others:

Wow..... Thanks very much for the compliment!

It was the car's first outing - I collected it from Crockett on Wednesday & drove it down for the events. I absolutely love the way it came together.

I'll start a thread on it ASAP.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

I like the subtle mix of 911 2.5 ST, RS and S details with the clean bumper surfaces and the 8 & 9" Fuchs. A classic mix in a very different color.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

The design brief was 'STish' - kind of became the car's nickname.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow.
great pics...

I cannot believe I missed this.
Really poor planning on my part.

Amazing cars...
and Nick, your new aquisition is SWEET.
looking forward to that thread...
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
9mark11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with what people are saying about the event. I thought it was awesome. I guess I didn't have to go the the bathroom or need anything to eat. I was too distracted!

It looked like parking for spectators may have been an issue? I got there pretty early, and the lot was packed when I left.

Mark

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion Monterey