993 Forum 1995-1998

Werks Reunion Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:32 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Werks Reunion Monterey

I just stumbled across this...almost like they are trying to keep it a secret. I did send an email off to Tom asking what was going on and was advised details are coming soon. Might be a better time to go to Monterey than Parade week...should be less chance of fog and a lot more car stuff going on. Too late for me to change...oh well.

https://web.pca.org/UploadFiles/Werk...easefinal1.pdf

PCA National Press Release
December 27, 2013
Werks Reunion—A Porsche Gathering coming to Carmel Valley, California in August 2014
The Porsche Club of America is set to begin a new tradition in 2014 with the inaugural Werks Reunion. The new, premier Porsche event will take place on Friday, August 15, during the world-*‐famous “Car Week” on California’s Monterey Peninsula.
In years past, PCA co-*‐hosted Legends of the Autobahn at the Rancho Cañada Golf Club. For 2014, the club will host a dedicated event to celebrate Porsche automobiles on the very same fairways. Expect a breathtaking array of Porsches, from rare classics to customs, race cars, current models, and everything in between. PCA will host the event with participation from Porsche Cars North America. National PCA Sponsors will also be present with exhibits and displays.
Werks Reunion is open to all and tagged as “A Porsche Gathering” for a reason: PCA is inviting other Porsche clubs to join in the fun! Werks Reunion is intended to be a new way for all Porsche owners to mingle during Monterey’s annual auto extravaganza. As a result, the Porsche Owners Club, Porsche Racing Club, 356 Registry, 356 Club, Early 911S Registry, R Gruppe, 914 World, and all Porsche clubs and registries are welcome. Membership in PCA is not required.
Porsche owners looking to compete will have the choice of entering their cars in either the people's choice or concours categories. Special, one-*‐of-*‐a-*‐kind trophies are being made just for this event. Other Porsche owners will have the opportunity to include their car in the display only Porsche corral. All will be treated to a

stunning display of more than 500 Porsches, access vendors, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow car enthusiasts. The 2014 show will feature the latest Porsches, special vehicle presentations, celebrity guests, and a surprise or two.
About Porsche Club of America: With over 110,000 members, PCA is the largest single-*‐marque car club in the world. We know the unbridled joy that a Porsche can provide, and have built a community around that very feeling. PCA offers driving experiences, technical assistance, and camaraderie that are second to none. For more information, log onto www.pca.org.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

sshhhhhhhhhhh it's supposed to be a secret.

Easy choice for me, August visit, not Parade week.

Ps. GREAT avatar photo!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
I just stumbled across this...almost like they are trying to keep it a secret.
I got an email about this from PCA a while back. The Legends of the Autobahn is always a nice event, this should make it even better.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

I will be there this year with my 993, but will not be participating in the show. Too much of a time commitment and too many other things to see. Looking forward checking out all the other Porsches, however. BTW, for those that are interested, there is an annual air-cooled Porsche GTG on Friday morning put together by a couple guys on Pelican. We meet in the morning around 8:00 and try to take off by 9:00 at the latest and head to the Hahn Winery via some killer back roads. It's an awesome spirited drive with a lot of twisties. We have lunch at the winery and then drive back to check out Legends. Makes for a great day. Last year we had about 35-40 cars participate. Check the Pelican 911 Tech forum for a post a few weeks before Car Week for details.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:43 PM
pcarhiway
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Historics Week !!

Bob,

Good post to publicize this event.

The reality of ticket pricing and hotel prices during Monterey Historics week is eye opening.

Quail Lodge tickets via lottery are $550 each per day.

I could not find any hotel vacancies in Monterey during Historics Week, I thought I would check in Gilroy. Holiday Inn Express in Gilroy is over $ 500 per night.

Found a private house on vrbo.com after about two weeks of looking.

The 993 will stay home though, bringing the "old 911".

Bruce Ladd
Attached Images  

Last edited by pcarhiway; 02-13-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Hi Bruce,

You guys are bumming me out. I don't know how I missed the original announcement...already aligned everyone's calendar for Parade week and already have another trip on top of the dates in August. We will see where Rennsport V lands...assume next year at this point and hoping Monterey again.

Let me know if you are coming down for Cars & Coffee...three months in a row snowed out which is unheard of. I'll bring the Boxster Spyder.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:53 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. Legend event is pretty damn good already,...now even better. Not to mention the Legend event has to be one of the best bargains of the whole over- priced, majorly inflated, week up there.

Tons of clean German cars and free Spaten. What's not to love. I'll be there with my 993.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Registration is now open
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...6#.U04HxMpOW00
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Special, one-*‐of-*‐a-*‐kind trophies are being made just for this event. www.pca.org.
Andreas,

Did you land this gig?

If so, pics please when unveiled . . .thx

Regards,

Your fellow beetle-bashing buddy.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:49 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's just sad how accommodation rates rise to obscene levels around these events! There is a better way.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

This is getting close, anyone going?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

I'll be there, but not displaying. Too many other things to see that day, including Legends.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

We'll be at the Concorso Italiano on Friday...
Old 06-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Bruce P
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Concorso Italiano has been moved to Saturday
Old 06-30-2014, 03:07 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

At this point I plan on being there.

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion Monterey