Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/785079-looking-for-fister-users-in-dallas-north-dallas-area.html)

GT3DE 11-27-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Opo (Post 10925419)
:icon501:

Lol, not a 993 but they are white:burnout:

cool picture - I have the black version of these two kissing white cars (964/GT3).

wheelerdealer55 11-29-2013 09:06 AM

Would anyone joining the meet happen to have a 993 ducktail they would consider parting with??

Vandit 12-01-2013 08:12 PM

The forecast for next weekend is starting to look sketch...

rsabeebe 12-02-2013 12:54 PM

definitely not looking that great at the moment. we have the 'wintery mix' coming in late thursday through friday and then very cold temps for saturday morning - at the moment. we do have indoor facilities available apparently, if the weather does not cooperate, but i fear we will lose the out of town participants if the weather continuing in this pattern. of course, tomorrow it's going to be 75 and sunny!!

axl911 12-02-2013 01:01 PM

I'll bring my ducktailed 993. The wet wintry mix may do me a favor since it will mask the accumulative dirt on my daily driven 993.

rsabeebe 12-02-2013 02:19 PM

UPDATE on the raffle for the Fister exhaust - initially, i had planned on this being a raffle for the people attending the gathering, but since we have a number of interested parties who will not be attending the actual event, i'll need to have those funds some time this week for you to be included in the raffle. if you would like to send funds, to be included in the raffle, please PM me and i will send you my mailing address. assuming the event is still held this saturday, i will need those funds asap to be included in the final number of entries this weekend. i apologize for the late notice on this, but i hadn't realized that a number of the people who voted would not be at the event in person. if everyone who voted follows through with a ticket purchase, we're currently at $525 - a perfect amount for an exhaust from FD.

bbs993tt 12-02-2013 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by rsabeebe (Post 10946892)
UPDATE on the raffle for the Fister exhaust - initially, i had planned on this being a raffle for the people attending the gathering, but since we have a number of interested parties who will not be attending the actual event, i'll need to have those funds some time this week for you to be included in the raffle. if you would like to send funds, to be included in the raffle, please PM me and i will send you my mailing address. assuming the event is still held this saturday, i will need those funds asap to be included in the final number of entries this weekend. i apologize for the late notice on this, but i hadn't realized that a number of the people who voted would not be at the event in person. if everyone who voted follows through with a ticket purchase, we're currently at $525 - a perfect amount for an exhaust from FD.

Rich, PM sent

wheelerdealer55 12-02-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by axl911 (Post 10946671)
I'll bring my ducktailed 993. The wet wintry mix may do me a favor since it will mask the accumulative dirt on my daily driven 993.

Looking forward to seeing her and getting some advice!

Definitely doesnt look like cab weather!! :crying:

SC2993 12-02-2013 04:02 PM

PM sent

13BEEZ 12-02-2013 08:52 PM

PM sent - thanks again for putting this together.

techsis 12-02-2013 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vandit (Post 10945360)
The forecast for next weekend is starting to look sketch...

+1 Not looking too good

911Fahrer 12-02-2013 11:07 PM

PM sent.

bbs993tt 12-03-2013 11:57 AM

993 Gathering update

Greetings all,

I wanted to update everyone on this Saturday’s 993 gathering at RAC Performance at 9am.

• I know the weather is causing some mental constipation, but as of now, the event will go as planned. With all the Christmas toy drives and vacations, postponing would push us well in to January. If it’s dry, please don’t let the cold weather scare you away – just dress appropriately and step inside RAC’s facility to warm up.

• In addition to being our host location, pastries and coffee will be courtesy of RAC and Office Perks (CoffeeMan, Scott).

• There will be 2 raffles – one is for those who want to buy $25 raffle tickets with the prize being the money to buy Fisters. The second will be only for those in attendance and will not require any entry fee. Darin has donated some gift certificates and t-shirts and Bill48 has donated a nifty PCARMOUNT (device to securely attach phone/gps to your car). Thanks to rsaeebe (Rich), who is handling both raffles so please see him for tickets to each.

• For those who are into instant gratification, RAC has purchased a couple of sets of Fisters (I believe a set each of IIs and IIIs) from Darin who is working hard to have them finished in time for the event. The raffle winner can use the winnings to purchase one of the sets and RAC has generously donated free installation to the raffle winner!! RAC tech Bob McAfee on hand to answer any questions. Should the Fisters not be finished in time for the event, RAC will still honor the free install at a later date for the winner.

• The set the raffle winner doesn’t choose will be available for purchase at the same cost as if buying directly from Darin. Future orders for Fisters can now be placed through RAC, again at the same cost.

• On Saturday, please come inside first, get a nametag, have some coffee and pastries and once everyone has had a chance to arrive we’ll do a quick meet and greet. We’ll then go outside for CorrdoBrit (still don’t know his first name) and 97_993C2 (Dan) to do a Stage II and Stage III sound off. Some time after the sound off, rsabeebe will conduct the raffles. After the raffle, we’ll just hang out and talk cars until RAC kicks us out.

Again, many thanks to those making this event possible – RAC Performance, FD Motorsports, Office Perks and PCARMOUNT.

Opo 12-03-2013 12:12 PM

Everything sounds great!! Cold will not hold me back:D
But rain will :icon501:
Hopefully it will be a dry cold day:burnout:

mdude 12-03-2013 02:14 PM

Temp doesn't faze me.
As long as it's dry, or dry enough, I'll be there.
All bets are off if there is indeed a wintry mix...

In any case, I thank Brian, RAC and others for putting this event together.