Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/785079-looking-for-fister-users-in-dallas-north-dallas-area.html)

rsabeebe 11-07-2013 01:17 PM

Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area

I'm usually one to go with the Fister III (more aggressive) option on a car, but I'm curious what the Fister II sounds like and whether it might be a potentially better option. I've read all the reports and listened to sound bytes online, but nothing replaces hearing it in person. So, is there anyone in the Dallas/North Dallas area that has a 993 with Fister IIs or IIIs?? I would love to meet sometime and hear your exhaust firsthand. Thanks.

bbs993tt 11-12-2013 11:13 AM

I know there are some with IIIs but don't know of any with IIs.

rsabeebe 11-12-2013 12:55 PM

actually, hearing the IIIs would be just fine, as that's the way i'm leaning. i'll know by the sound if i'll want them or not. problem is, i haven't even heard from a FIII user yet...

you don't by chance store your GT somewhere in North Dallas, do you? ;-)

bbs993tt 11-12-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by rsabeebe (Post 10899922)
actually, hearing the IIIs would be just fine, as that's the way i'm leaning. i'll know by the sound if i'll want them or not. problem is, i haven't even heard from a FIII user yet...

you don't by chance store your GT somewhere in North Dallas, do you? ;-)

The IIIs sound fantastic and the guys I know that have them wouldn't change them for anything.

I do store the cgt up north!

Tell us about your c4s...

CorrdoBrit 11-12-2013 03:27 PM

I have Fister II's on my C2 and would love to hear the III's in person. Maybe we can arrange a mini meetup.....

97_993C2 11-12-2013 07:04 PM

I have Fister IIIs on my C2. I'm also retired so I am flexible about a meeting time. :D

rsabeebe 11-12-2013 08:04 PM

now we're talkin'!! i feel a mini gathering developing... why don't we let this nice cold front pass and then discuss a time to meet. i have a part coming in from germany and the car will head into the shop when it arrives. should be a quick turnaround, so maybe in a week or 2 for the meet? i would hate to show up in my 951 instead of the 993. as we decide on a time/place, i'll post it as a 'gathering' of sorts, if others would like to join us.

rsabeebe 11-12-2013 08:05 PM

where is everyone coming from? i live in west plano - close to Park and the tollway.

mdude 11-12-2013 10:29 PM

All for DFW meet. Sat AM for those of us not yet retired...

13BEEZ 11-13-2013 12:32 AM

I just registered and am in the Parker/Allen area. Would love to meet some fellow owners and especially hear the Fister IIs and IIIs. That is close to the top of the list as the motorsport package just doesn't cut it for me. Hoping this meet will take place sometime after Thanksgiving. :cheers:

CorrdoBrit 11-13-2013 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by mdude (Post 10901351)
All for DFW meet. Sat AM for those of us not yet retired...

Not this weekend as I'm heading down to COTA for the F1 race.:burnout:

Maybe the following Sat weather permitting. I'm in Irving so perhaps we can meet at RAC which is probably pretty central for everyone. Are they still running their special enthusiast weekend events?

SC2993 11-13-2013 08:47 AM

I am in Frisco, let me know when/where!

KLSpeed27 11-13-2013 09:03 AM

I am interested as well. Been on the fence deciding between IIs or IIIs to actually hear them in-person would be fantastic!

I'm in South Arlington. :cheers:

97_993C2 11-13-2013 09:25 AM

I also live in Irving. Saturday mornings are usually good, but I have a commitment for this Sat so waiting until later works for me, too.

I don't believe RAC does their monthly gatherings any more - at least I haven't been invited. ;) They have moved one street over and the facilities are 100 times nicer, but there is no additional parking other than what's out front so it depends how many of us there are. However, it is centrally located and it would be a good opportunity for those of you who have never been there to see RAC.

I've also met at 4 or 5 different Starbucks on or just off of the Dallas Tollway in the past.

JB 911 11-13-2013 10:56 AM

I'm in. I'm in Plano and would love to meet to drool over some other 993's. A Starbucks off the Tollway sounds good!

So Rich, how about some pics of this black beauty? Two this month in the area no less??? :rockon: