Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Becker CDR-220

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Start your own thread and then you can get first dibs.
Haha. Good one, never thought of that.....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Ok, but I do not agree with a non-member having equal rights as members for for-sale-parts, that does not feel right. We are naturally protected on the "Member for sale section" since non-members cannot access it, but the idea should also extend to all forums.
I'd agree with you on this, unless someone starts their own WTB thread. Jumping into a FS thread as a non-member and calling dibs is different. But again, YMMV.

We might not see eye-to-eye on this and that's okay. I'll just chalk it up to the Canadian/US language barrier.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Mike, I love you and I appreciate all of your contributions to the community, but...

Member or not, 5 posts asking for parts or not (by my count he's only got 1), gray993c4 started a thread asking if anyone had a nice CDR-220. I think a courteous thing to do would be to say "If gray993C4 doesn't take it, I will."

FWIW, I didn't read the entire etiquette thread, but to me this would be the cool thing to do in the future. Just my 2¢.
I completely agree. I'm completely amazed at the rationalization of scooping this in someone else's thread. It doesn't show much class and is a crappy way to show the spirit of Rennlist to a new participant.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
Hey the 220 is good enough to be std. equip on a >$300K Singer.

I think they are in demand because they look very period correct and give you the ability to plug in ipad/mp3, etc. For those of us who want convenience features on the occasions the radio is on and oem look/spec, it's an easy choice.
Have to agree with this...
Stock look is a huge factor + Ipod plug
Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 202 Posts

I have one for sale. PMed the OP and didn't hear back. So if anybody wants it, please PM me. $170 shipped.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I have one for sale. PMed the OP and didn't hear back. So if anybody wants it, please PM me. $170 shipped.
Does it have the face plate mod for 993?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Good price even if the update may need doing!

I PM'ed him as well offering him first dibs on the CDR-220 ... no reply. If you look at his posting history, he has only posted five times in the last 15 months, all looking for parts, and never followed up with any replies on any threads. From my point of view, he has timed out on my offer now.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

MJ. I think either way you actually made the right decision in the end. Nicely argued too, my friend...

I cant help looking at threads differently on this board after a decade reading them daily myself - never matter how I now I feel about some of them, ("Hello Im a nooby and I want to buy a 993 so please can someone here tell me what I should look for?" - WTF!) - Which is probably a bit harsh but born from years of desensitizing myself seeing these type of thread titles on the 993 sub-cat home page.....

Now Im rambling....
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I PM'ed him as well offering him first dibs on the CDR-220...
My opinion is that regardless of the OP's posting history...or reason for the post...if he starts a thread asking for a part...he should definitely have first dibs on it...kinda just seems right to me. Good on you Mike for making the correction.
However...just like any online transaction...you message him and get no response...DONE deal..."No CDR-220 for him!!"
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Dukerdog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I cant help looking at threads differently on this board after a decade reading them daily myself - never matter how I now I feel about some of them, ("Hello Im a nooby and I want to buy a 993 so please can someone here tell me what I should look for?" - WTF!) - Which is probably a bit harsh but born from years of desensitizing myself seeing these type of thread titles on the 993 sub-cat home page.....
Macca, Ouch, I know your comment was not intended as such but yes it is a bit harsh as I'm one of those people with a such a post. https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ny-advice.html The response from members was incredibly helpful (and often quite entertaining). There was also a friendly debate to a similar comment from firesm.

I always wanted a 911 and had been looking on and off for years but still had too many unanswered questions to pull the trigger. I figured who better to ask than a group of enthusiasts who like to help and share information with one another? I became a PCA and Rennlist member and within a month or so had the answers I needed to purchase my first P-car, a 993 and I could not be happier. Without doing so I'd probably still be thinking about buying one.

While I'm still very much a newbie I've been fortunate to get to know many great Rennlisters both online and in person who have been unbelievably nice and generous with their help and knowledge. I've attended many of the Saturday morning club coffees and look forward to participating in other PCA events and being an active member on Rennlist. Granted, my posts are mostly seeking help or information but as I become more knowledgable I hope to pay it forward.

I'm sure you're a great guy and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. Just thought you might want to consider the newbie's perspective for making such posts. Cheers!

Last edited by Dukerdog; 01-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PCarrera993mg
Does it have the face plate mod for 993?

Thanks
No, but I can have Stefan at SW Stereo do it for an additional $50 prior to shipping.

Looks like I have a buyer for it already. If the sale falls through I'll update the thread.

Last edited by ilko; 01-20-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dukerdog. I probably was a bit harsh. Im sure you are not the type of I was targeting with my comment, its just when I take up a new hobby or interest I find a forum like this and search the heck out of it learning my topic before typically asking questions. When I do I've usually deliberated those carefully and looked already for an answer within the board. Enthusiasts are great folks to know and we all love talking 993s, everyone very generous with their time etc, but sometimes I think we fall victim to getting used a bit for lazy people who know we will respond on cue to help them build a picture without effort. Not everyone mind but a few come to mind over the years that have jetted onto the board, talked up a storm then sold on the 993 for the next latest and greatest 6 months later and we never hear from them again. They contribute little to this community. As I say its probably partly a function of spending so much tome on here over 11 years and there are also a few others like myself and MJ who have been here a long time and tend to look at things differently these days. Still prepared to give time to people, just not every person who happens along....
Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I will admit to being a bit tainted as well - with over 5300 posts, thousands of hours, and 12+ years on this list (and p-car fans before that, and pelican parts, and ...), about 99.9% of them purely technical or assistance posts (I think I have posted 2 posts to OT, that is about it), its easy to "Ray-Calvo" people and just tell them to search first.

This particular thread was like that, I looked at the OP's history, and concluded he was just a troller for parts - no posting saying "Hi", no "Here is my car" - nothing. He looks like a parts reseller. Ok, I my have did a bad thing by snapping up the deal, but I made the call based on over a decade of seeing the traffic moving over this site. At the end, given no response from the OP, I guess my instincts were right.

I am trying to keep it fresh these days, but you will see me (nicely) asking people to use the search first more often.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Dukerdog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Dukerdog. I probably was a bit harsh. Im sure you are not the type of I was targeting with my comment, its just when I take up a new hobby or interest I find a forum like this and search the heck out of it learning my topic before typically asking questions. When I do I've usually deliberated those carefully and looked already for an answer within the board. Enthusiasts are great folks to know and we all love talking 993s, everyone very generous with their time etc, but sometimes I think we fall victim to getting used a bit for lazy people who know we will respond on cue to help them build a picture without effort. Not everyone mind but a few come to mind over the years that have jetted onto the board, talked up a storm then sold on the 993 for the next latest and greatest 6 months later and we never hear from them again. They contribute little to this community. As I say its probably partly a function of spending so much tome on here over 11 years and there are also a few others like myself and MJ who have been here a long time and tend to look at things differently these days. Still prepared to give time to people, just not every person who happens along....
Point well taken. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike has been a HUGE help to this community and locally as well. It is great to have people like him to bounce things off before going down the slippery slope. If it was a regular Rennlister asking for the radio and it got scooped, that would be a different story but as it stands, he got the radio and the OP is nowhere to be seen.
I agree that there are many threads that could been answered in the search function but I put this down to newer 993 owners not knowing that certain questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times...

Quick Reply: WTB: Becker CDR-220