993 Forum 1995-1998

OT ~ Racing to save the Boobies of the world

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts
Default LAST DAY TO DONATE IS: NOV. 20th ~~ OT ~ Racing to save the Boobies of the world

...... even if it is too late for mine.

Hi guys ~ Did I get your attention?

It's getting to be that time of year. I am participating the in the Susan G Komen race for the Cure for only the second time, but this time I am doing it with a whole different conviction.

Most of you know my story from last year, how I decided to do the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Memory of my cousin who passed away a few months before of Breast cancer.
You guys really came though for me and I was so touched that so many of you cared so much. I was the high fund raiser for my team and that never would have happened without your help.

Many of you also know that the week after the Race I had my routine Mammogram and how two weeks later I found out that I too had Breast cancer. After a double mastectomy and reconstruction I am now cancer free and totally blessed.

Breast cancer has opened my eyes to so many things that I never used to see or think about before. I used to be a cup half full type of person, now just about everyday my cup overflows. My smile is REALLY real and I want others to smile too.

Please help me bring survivor smiles to other women. Mammography and early detection saves lives. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Lets help those that can not afford it get those Mammogram's. Grants from SGK help fund those mammogram's. It's a little more than $100.00 for a Mammogram here in the state of Arkansas. If I can reach my goal of $9,993.00, that's 90+ women getting a Mammogram. If the numbers are right, 11 of those women might be diagnosed with Breast cancer. Lets help save those 11 lives. Please help by donating to me as I do the SGK Race for the Cure Arkansas this year. Arkansas is not a very 'rich' state. Many women count on free routine Mammogram's, and I for one want to help them get them. It's THAT important. It was a Mammogram that found mine when they were still microscopic. It might have been years till I felt a lump and by then It might have been even tougher for me.
Awareness, Mammography, Early detection, SAVES LIVES.

Please use the "DONATE TO JOANNE BUTTON" under my picture in the link below if you can help me reach my goal.

http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/...nal&fr_id=2568

If you can't help, that is okay too. I know it's tough out there now days. I'm gonna love you guys anyway.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Great cause, I am in. Let’s help JoAnne hit the $9,993.00 mark. (I still lurk!)

Last edited by Chuck W.; 07-31-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I got in early .... (I was her first! :-)
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
I got in early .... (I was her first! :-)

Uhm..... Uhm....... Uuuuhhhmmmmm....

<Blushing>

Thank you guys.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, got you over the $1K mark. Or so it appears.

(And for those of you who think you were "first".......I've do believe JoAnne and I crossed paths back in the '80s.)
Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh man... I am in trouble now....

THANK YOU Ken!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, a year already?!
Probably seems a bit longer to you

I will talk to Darin
I'm sure one, both of us or FDM will chip in again

Go JoAnne!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Oh man... I am in trouble now....

THANK YOU Ken!
For?

And the thanks go to Karen. Hug for Speedster from both of us. (Karen is counting the days until we are "of age" to move into our recently purchased home, and it's feasible to get a little Doxie.)
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 935 Likes on 566 Posts

I'm in JoAnne...

BTW, a plug for new technology- tomosynthesis mammography. We just got it and we all had to take a course to learn how to read them. It will replace routine mammography within a few years. If you or significant other has dense tissue, it's a MUST.

Ask your referring doc for a referral to a clinic that has TOMOSYNTHESIS mammography!! (ad over)
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MarkD
Wow, a year already?!
Probably seems a bit longer to you

I will talk to Darin
I'm sure one, both of us or FDM will chip in again

Go JoAnne!

Amazing isn't it? At this time last year if someone had told me I'd have breast cancer and have a double mastectomy and have two wonderful new round best friends implanted I would have thought they were nuts. Goes to show you how important routine testing and early detection are.

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by race911
For?

And the thanks go to Karen. Hug for Speedster from both of us. (Karen is counting the days until we are "of age" to move into our recently purchased home, and it's feasible to get a little Doxie.)

No wonder I couldn't send an email though the Komen site to thank you. There was an ' email envelope', but no email address to send it to. Please tell her thank you VERY MUCH, and you too!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
I'm in JoAnne...

BTW, a plug for new technology- tomosynthesis mammography. We just got it and we all had to take a course to learn how to read them. It will replace routine mammography within a few years. If you or significant other has dense tissue, it's a MUST.

Ask your referring doc for a referral to a clinic that has TOMOSYNTHESIS mammography!! (ad over)

My tissue was very dense. That is why I had to have mammograms since the age of 27. I was so very lucky that my cancer was sort of on top so that it showed and was still microscopic. Had it been deeper in the tissue......... it might have taken years for it to form a lump that could have been detected. When the oncological surgeon came out to talk to Robert when she was done with her part of the surgery, she said my tissue was so dense it was like the old leather in a baseball glove. There was almost no fat.NO wonder they couldn't see through it. The surgery took an hour longer than they usually do. Anyway, It's good to know that there is new technology. I was amazed at the new digital mammo's the first time I saw one. It was night and day from the old fashioned xray type. Even with my last Mammogram, I could see the cancer. It was there like three tiny shiny dots..... I'm sure with the new TOMO it would have shown up even better.

and THANK YOU !!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just got back from a long day at work. Sometimes I think I really was pushing it and should have taken a longer leave, BUT that was then and I can't cry over it now. ONWARD I go.

I can't get any emails at work, but now I can, and THANK YOU to the guys who donated this morning. You know who you are.
I am so humbled by how kind you really are to me, and to all those who need our help. You'll be getting individual thanks you's from me, by email or mail (if you gave Komen the information). As for whoever donated to me and wishes to remain anonymous, THANK YOU too. I love secrets, I can keep them too.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

A day and a half and you are 24 per cent to you're goal. Amazing!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

.... I want to see a picture of all these boobies we're saving!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
FD Motorsports
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 89 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
.... I want to see a picture of all these boobies we're saving!

bump for boobies...

and donation made

Quick Reply: OT ~ Racing to save the Boobies of the world