993 Forum 1995-1998

OT ~ Racing to save the Boobies of the world

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
That is okay. This really wasn't a competition for me (although I really thought it would be cool to 'win'). It's about getting help for women who need it and this year was the year I wanted to make it count the most since it's the year that it happened to me.
Win? You most definitely did win! I don't care what the final totals are, you are #1 here. You raised a lot of money for a great cause. You've fought, and won, against cancer. You can only ever be a winner in my book.

I'm also a cancer survivor (testicular, 3 years cancer free). It changed my life forever and I love to see threads like this. You did an EXCELLENT job and someone will benefit from it.

Originally Posted by RJT
Next year I'll still do the walk, but I'll just mention it once or twice and let it go at that, because, honestly, I am not a sales person and all this begging this year has been hard for me to do.
No, No, No. You were in no way begging. Please, don't think that way. I actually enjoyed reading this thread and following you as you prepared for the walk. Believe it or not, it brightened my day. Even if you don't do the full on money collection, please don't stop posting about the experience. I can't speak for others, but seeing the photos and videos from the event is something I want to see every year.

John
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Thank you John.
Honestly, I am proud of what I raised and of all of you for helping me. I raised more than my goal and I thought my goal was pretty lofty. I AM A WINNER all the way around and so are the 75+ women who will be getting maamograms thanks to you all!!!
I PROMISE to post about next years race too, I'll just be a little more low key about it.

Hugs and a little friendly kiss on the cheek from One survivor to another

OUCHIE!!! Four tired gals with aching tooties after the race..... Still smiling and VERY HAPPY though
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you kidding, Jo? Please ... make all the "noise" you want! I might even (fair warning) drive up there and join you next year! This survivor of a different kind would be honored to sweat with ya.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by J4yDubs

I don't care what the final totals are, you are #1 here. You raised a lot of money for a great cause. You've fought, and won, against cancer. You can only ever be a winner in my book.

You did an EXCELLENT job and someone will benefit from it.

I actually enjoyed reading this thread and following you as you prepared for the walk. Believe it or not, it brightened my day. Even if you don't do the full on money collection, please don't stop posting about the experience. I can't speak for others, but seeing the photos and videos from the event is something I want to see every year.
John-- Thanks for writing everything I wanted to!

JoAnne-- What he ^^ said!
P.S. Have a hoot escaping to Palooza; color me envious.
You've got mail
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Five more days to get a donation in to me and then it is all over for this year......

Last day to donate Nov. 20th.

http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/...nal&fr_id=2568

Overall I have fallen to 4th place in the fundraiser 'standings' but that's okay. I NEVER would have ever been in in the running ever if it wasn't for you guys. I love you all no matter what place I end up in. Like I said before, I am STILL a WINNER!!!!

You guys have been so good to me. What else can I say but... THANK YOU a million times over.

Originally Posted by J4yDubs
Win? You most definitely did win! I don't care what the final totals are, you are #1 here. You raised a lot of money for a great cause. You've fought, and won, against cancer. You can only ever be a winner in my book.

I'm also a cancer survivor (testicular, 3 years cancer free). It changed my life forever and I love to see threads like this. You did an EXCELLENT job and someone will benefit from it.

No, No, No. You were in no way begging. Please, don't think that way. I actually enjoyed reading this thread and following you as you prepared for the walk. Believe it or not, it brightened my day. Even if you don't do the full on money collection, please don't stop posting about the experience. I can't speak for others, but seeing the photos and videos from the event is something I want to see every year.

John

John ~ I was just thinking ~ Maybe next year we can get a Rennlist group together to walk with me Here is a picture of a WONDERFUL new friend of ours who walks every year with his wife. He goes all out. I'm thinking more three miles of men tee shirts for anyone who wants to walk ANYWAY, He and Robert shared some tears at this years PCA Escape (to the Ozarks) last weekend when they met up for the first time. It was so touching and healing. Living proof that those on the 'other side' of bc need healing too....
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

oops duplicate..... No more delete button???? Huh??
Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

My team is now not in first place. Darn.... Team Windstream (huge team) is leading us by almost 300.00 and that is so close. We only have till the 20th to make the 300.00+ to clearly be in first.... Can you help my team try be Number 1? I know I (as an individual) can't get to 1st or even 2nd place this year, (1st is at almost 19grand, second is at 14,500 I am at 11,300.00) but I might be able to help my team in the next two days.

This fundraising thing is like begging and I really do not like to do that even if the cause is so close to my heart....

Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

I know I can't get to 1st place this year
You're 1st in our hearts, Jo. You made another 1st-rate effort this year, changing lives for the better.
Originally Posted by RJT

Almost time to BLAST OFF!!!
Originally Posted by curve lover

...You go, Jo!

Speaking of:
you going in the 993, the Cayman, or the new 997? Decisions, decisions...
Congratulations on the addition ^^ & have fun with the run

Originally Posted by RJT

Does NOTHING get by you??? LOL

The 997S is a gift for Robert. He is so good to me. He deserves it. He deserves MORE ......

TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!! Thanks to your generosity, I was picked out to be one in the crowd of 44,722 registrants to be a hot pink hero. THANK YOU.
New photo of your jet:

Time to blast off?
Your flight is 1st in line for departure!

Photography © Kelly Shipp Photography; kellyshipp.com
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Quick Reply: OT ~ Racing to save the Boobies of the world