Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Drop Time Lapse

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM
abba1221
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'...Thinking maybe it was just the remaining bits of paper towel burning off and messing with the O2 sensor, haha.'

so will someone tell what the prob was? Am guessing paper towels left in exhaust headers / ports?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by abba1221
'...Thinking maybe it was just the remaining bits of paper towel burning off and messing with the O2 sensor, haha.'

so will someone tell what the prob was? Am guessing paper towels left in exhaust headers / ports?

Yes, intake ports, have a read through from post 1 - its a good story.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM
abba1221
Cruisin'

tanks i did read whole and was left hanging!!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM
TravisB
Pro

Originally Posted by abba1221
tanks i did read whole and was left hanging!!

Oh, not sure if I addressed the problem here or not. But here's the LONG thread about it, haha.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...e-r-and-r.html
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah, there are two threads - so it does get a bit confusing.!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Yeah, there are two threads - so it does get a bit confusing.!
It's a Drama ... in Two Acts.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great photo!

How do you like the handling in the snow?

I have some Hakkapellittas but thus far have left them in storage this year. I'm trying to go this Winter without using them, even considered selling them actually. No commute certainly helps in that regard, the C2 is my sole auto but I've been tempted by some '04 R32s and VR6 GTIs lately.

But I certainly did miss blasting around in the middle of the night for a few hours after the first snow fall last week... With Hakkas the car is fine in anything that I've encountered, it's the others on the road that I worry about. There was something like 2,500 calls from stranded motorists and those involved in accidents in a 24-hour period last Wednesday when the storm hit....

I have a new clutch and mid-weight flywheel, about 4k miles on the setup. Rebuilt pedal cluster and new slave/master, etc... We'll have to get together, swap chips and you can check it out (a good number of PNW 'listers already have, and most quite liked it.)

Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 AM
TravisB
Pro

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Great photo!

How do you like the handling in the snow?

I've been pleasantly surprised..traction in the back was no surprise but I got the idea it would be impossible to steer in any sort of slick conditions...but truth be told I was probably more confident out there than most people in 4WD/AWD. I'm sporting the Continental DWS, so just an all season with an eye toward snow I guess. Only day I didn't drive was Wednesday, and I am pretty sure I could have made it without trouble but the rest of my group called in so I figured I would join the herd. Of course having grown up in the Midwest, a few inches of snow is nothing to me.

But I certainly did miss blasting around in the middle of the night for a few hours after the first snow fall last week... With Hakkas the car is fine in anything that I've encountered, it's the others on the road that I worry about. There was something like 2,500 calls from stranded motorists and those involved in accidents in a 24-hour period last Wednesday when the storm hit....

I have a new clutch and mid-weight flywheel, about 4k miles on the setup. Rebuilt pedal cluster and new slave/master, etc... We'll have to get together, swap chips and you can check it out (a good number of PNW 'listers already have, and most quite liked it.)

So was that you in the first video then?

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that I had about 30 miles on my clutch when the snow hit...certainly kept me from screwing around, but kept me out of trouble at the same time, haha (when I was a teenager, a fresh graduate of the police academy decided to make an example out of me by giving me a reckless driving ticket for basically screwing around in an empty parking lot, "At speeds up to 15 MPH" as stated the police report ).

Anyway yeah we will definitely have to get together one of these days here..I just turned over 300 miles on mine today, and love it; it just needs to stop stalling!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TravisB
I've been pleasantly surprised..traction in the back was no surprise but I got the idea it would be impossible to steer in any sort of slick conditions...but truth be told I was probably more confident out there than most people in 4WD/AWD. I'm sporting the Continental DWS, so just an all season with an eye toward snow I guess. Only day I didn't drive was Wednesday, and I am pretty sure I could have made it without trouble but the rest of my group called in so I figured I would join the herd. Of course having grown up in the Midwest, a few inches of snow is nothing to me.
Nice. I've heard good things about the DWS. If there's not enough traction in the front for your liking a 40 lb bag of cat litter fits in the frunk perfectly.

Originally Posted by TravisB
So was that you in the first video then?
No, I'm the genius in the diesel halfway through this:

Quick Reply: Engine Drop Time Lapse