Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anybody NOT get emotional about their car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:34 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually I had an 84 Civic, an 85 Rx7, a couple of great Saabs and a few others. I have to say that I have had what feels like "emotional attatchments" to some cars I have had. NOt ONLY because of what great car qualities they possesed, (althought that is always a part of the mix), but because of my experiences in and my life around the car during my ownership.

You can "LOVE" a great song from your past that most people thought was mediocre...but if it was connected to a part of your life that you are connected to than the song/car or x_______ goes with it.

That said, if you own a 993 the it is like owning Boardwalk with a hotel...there can be a lot to get attatched to if the rest of your life supports it.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Every post provides more transparency as to just how much you don't get it.

Chump. There's a name you don't hear much anymore.

Btw, what is Quadcammer supposed to mean? You aren't trying to evoke anything by your name, are you?

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
My comprehension is once again sparking, its your idiotic statements that are lacking something, and that would be logic.

So a car that has been produced in greater quantities is somehow less worthy of emotion?

A 993 is in no way more deserving of emotion than any other inanimate object including a civic. In fact, if he spent the time to modify the civic by building the engine, adding a turbo, doing suspension mods, etc., I'd say it would be even more worthy than some run of the mill c2.

Ready for another round chump?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by JM993
Calling Andreas.....please provide the obligatory Mustang pic. It's gotta have a live axle

Sorry for the delay. No excuse.

Andreas
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Sorry for the delay. No excuse.

Andreas
Pure Gold!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe "quadsy" is pulling you guys in on this yet again (and now over whether you should have love for a Civic). Truth be told, I did expect it because you guys get pulled in by these stupid discussions every time. This is the same idiot who had a thousand page thread about how mustangs are better than 993s (or something similarly stupid).

I'll break into threads like this every now and again to try to get you to focus. You'll get distracted and be pulled back in again. Then I'll come to your rescue!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
As a road car, it was a completely useless P.O.S.-nobody gave it a second look.

Isn't that the category that damn near EVERY civic, camry, etc...falls into-no second glances, because they simply blend into the herd of everything else?

Can't say that about any 993 can you? Even in the Porsche heavy parts of the country, wouldn't a 911 get more notice than a civic?

What other passionless hobbies do ya have, just curious?
You seem to be focusing on attention here? Does getting attention have to do with being passionate?

My 993 gets very very little notice. In 2 years, I've gotten maybe 2 comments on it.

I enjoy fine clothing and shoes, beer/spirits, dabble in home theater, etc. Perhaps the only thing I'm passionate about would be finance/trading.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Every post provides more transparency as to just how much you don't get it.

Chump. There's a name you don't hear much anymore.

Btw, what is Quadcammer supposed to mean? You aren't trying to evoke anything by your name, are you?
I don't get the irrational love for cars, hence the post.

quadcammer. My mustang cobra had 4 cams, which was unusual for a mustang. I needed a name, it made sense. Joined here when I owned the cobra, so I used that name.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by jw97C2S
I can't believe "quadsy" is pulling you guys in on this yet again (and now over whether you should have love for a Civic). Truth be told, I did expect it because you guys get pulled in by these stupid discussions every time. This is the same idiot who had a thousand page thread about how mustangs are better than 993s (or something similarly stupid).

I'll break into threads like this every now and again to try to get you to focus. You'll get distracted and be pulled back in again. Then I'll come to your rescue!
thats cause they will defend this piece of tin until the death.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:34 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got emotional over my new plasma cutter. Are we OT yet?

Quick Reply: Anybody NOT get emotional about their car?