Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

So...anyone not happy with the Mower Deck Axle front plate mount? I must get 1 soon.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry L
Steve:

I am interested in your Mower Deck unit.

To each their own, but, to me, the Inventiva item makes 993s look a bit too much like Mater.

Thanks.

Harry
Harry, let me look for it and I'll let you know when I find it. It got boxed up when we move but I think I know where it is.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good - thanks, Steve.

No rush on my end. I just think it would be wise to have one handy in case I ever get cited for not having a front plate, and in case they ever stop making the Mower Deck unit.

Harry
Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Well, I just got the Inventiva License Plate holder in the mail today. He has a few more so just google it and contact him from his website. The front plate location may look weird to some of you, but the side plate thing looks wayyyy weirder to me.

I took out the instructions and am pretty much not thinking I can do this by myself so I'm hoping my neighbor can help me with it this weekend. Drilling into my 993? Scary. Drilling accurately enough using the paper template and not totally f*** it up in some way? Unlikely, by myself. I'd probably get it crooked or drill the holes too big. I basically don't even understand the simple directions that came with it so you can understand where I'm coming from.

Not the great DIY'er here! Wish there was a local 993 Rennlister in my close-in area to help me for 15 minutes but there isn't. I'll report back my mishaps, probable cursing, etc when I try to put it on this weekend if I even get the chance.

Driving around town this week has had me in a state of post traumatic stress syndrome. Every time I see a cop on the side of the road doing radar I'm waiting to get pulled over and given another "no front plate" ticket. Got's to get that front plate on soon for peace of mind.

Steve
Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I zip-tied mine to the grill exactly the spot where the Inventiva plate should be located and it has held on fine. Considered the Inventiva also, but was afraid of drilling into the bumper.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

I did it this one on my old Targa which had a Turbo bumper, and the same way on Scarlett:

Cheers,

Mike
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I took out the instructions and am pretty much not thinking I can do this by myself so I'm hoping my neighbor can help me with it this weekend. Drilling into my 993? Scary. Drilling accurately enough using the paper template and not totally f*** it up in some way? Unlikely, by myself. I'd probably get it crooked or drill the holes too big. I basically don't even understand the simple directions that came with it so you can understand where I'm coming from.
Steve,
Really?? It's two small holes under the bumper. Should take you all of 5 minutes, start to finish.

Andreas
Old 11-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Steve,
Really?? It's two small holes under the bumper. Should take you all of 5 minutes, start to finish.

Andreas
You know me better than that.

In any case, I've my neighbor coming over tomorrow to help with this. If he can't figure it out, there's a guy across the street that moved in recently with a 997 Cab that may help. If he can't do it, I'll send it over to Germany to the factory to see if they can have a master tech do it.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 277 Posts

LOL....If you guys can't figure this out today, give me a holler. Not too far from you Steve.

N
Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
You know me better than that.

In any case, I've my neighbor coming over tomorrow to help with this. If he can't figure it out, there's a guy across the street that moved in recently with a 997 Cab that may help. If he can't do it, I'll send it over to Germany to the factory to see if they can have a master tech do it.

Quick Reply: So...anyone not happy with the Mower Deck Axle front plate mount? I must get 1 soon.