Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

So...anyone not happy with the Mower Deck Axle front plate mount? I must get 1 soon.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts
Default So...anyone not happy with the Mower Deck Axle front plate mount? I must get 1 soon.

Starting a new thread... So I looked at all my options and even though I don't like the look of it in pics, I've decided to get the mower deck axle towhook mount license plate holder for my front plate.

http://www.moweraxle.com/homepage.html

Anyone buy one and not happy with the look of it? If you did, and aren't using it anymore, want to sell it to me at a discount?

Not really into paying $95 to put on a front license plate I don't want there in the first place. But, if no one has a lightly used one for sale for "cheap", I guess I'll just pay the piper and buy it new.

I much prefer the look of the Inventiva Front License Plate Holder as it's totally centered on the car but they don't make them anymore.

I decided I can't cut my plate down in size or bend the bottom couple of inches back and put it on with zip ties in the turbo front grill since DC meter maids could still ticket it while it's parked for not being displayed correctly (that's what I was told by the Porsche dealer and some others).

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 11-12-2011, 03:36 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey Steve...

You might find someone here who has an old Inventiva plate holder they're not using. Otherwise, it might be worth your while to contact the guy over at Inventiva and see if he has one laying around.

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago, and Inventiva agreed to machine up a few more if I could get 10 people in. I organized a group buy, and there were more takers than 10. Might be worth a try....
Old 11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Hey Steve...

You might find someone here who has an old Inventiva plate holder they're not using. Otherwise, it might be worth your while to contact the guy over at Inventiva and see if he has one laying around.

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago, and Inventiva agreed to machine up a few more if I could get 10 people in. I organized a group buy, and there were more takers than 10. Might be worth a try....
Oh, I didn't know that was still an option this many years later. Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing you like the Inventiva plate holder a lot more, looks wise?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Any pictures of the inventiva plate mount?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Oh, I didn't know that was still an option this many years later. Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing you like the Inventiva plate holder a lot more, looks wise?
Like you, I hate running a front plate. The only thing I hate more is extortion from inept local government and their revenue stooges.

To me, the Inventiva is the best looking and least intrusive option. Here's another shot for those interested:
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Here's my old group buy info, Steve. Might find some still interested folks from it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...uy-update.html
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

I like the inventiva better
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Starting a new thread... So I looked at all my options and even though I don't like the look of it in pics, I've decided to get the mower deck axle towhook mount license plate holder for my front plate.

http://www.moweraxle.com/homepage.html

Anyone buy one and not happy with the look of it? If you did, and aren't using it anymore, want to sell it to me at a discount?

Not really into paying $95 to put on a front license plate I don't want there in the first place. But, if no one has a lightly used one for sale for "cheap", I guess I'll just pay the piper and buy it new.

I much prefer the look of the Inventiva Front License Plate Holder as it's totally centered on the car but they don't make them anymore.

I decided I can't cut my plate down in size or bend the bottom couple of inches back and put it on with zip ties in the turbo front grill since DC meter maids could still ticket it while it's parked for not being displayed correctly (that's what I was told by the Porsche dealer and some others).

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I have a new tow hook plate holder that I bought and don't use. Its never even been on the car. Need to locate it in my storage boxes after moving but am willing to sell if you are interested.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
I have a new tow hook plate holder that I bought and don't use. Its never even been on the car. Need to locate it in my storage boxes after moving but am willing to sell if you are interested.
Thanks. Is the Mower Deck Axle one or another? I may be interested for sure if I can't get a group buy going for the Inventiva Plate Holder (which looks a lot better)...

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Here's my old group buy info, Steve. Might find some still interested folks from it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...uy-update.html
Thanks for this info. I just sent him an email to see if he would be up for doing this again.

Steve
Old 11-12-2011, 08:55 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have one of the Inventiva mounts on my car (no I'm not selling it). There's really not much to it. I wonder if you could have someone fabricate one? Couldn't cost much more than they were selling them for.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Hey Steve, if they they decide to do another 10 , put me down for 2.
Thanks
Rudy
Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. Is the Mower Deck Axle one or another? I may be interested for sure if I can't get a group buy going for the Inventiva Plate Holder (which looks a lot better)...

Thanks for this info. I just sent him an email to see if he would be up for doing this again.

Steve
Yes it is the Mower Deck unit. I just need to find it now in the event you or someone else is interested!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:24 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Steve,

The "other" tow hook mount system is very good too and less than 1/2 the price of the Axle Mower one. $39.95 shipped. See your previous thread for the details.

Mark
Old 11-13-2011, 09:34 AM
jumbolump
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for the Inventiva if you get group buy.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve:

I am interested in your Mower Deck unit.

To each their own, but, to me, the Inventiva item makes 993s look a bit too much like Mater.

Thanks.

Harry

Quick Reply: So...anyone not happy with the Mower Deck Axle front plate mount? I must get 1 soon.