Mike J's 6th Annual pcarworkshop Shop Day and BBQ - July 16th, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:00 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1

I showed the car to a buyer. He loved it So my car goes in for PPI this week... I maybe parting with her after all these years... letting her go is not going to be as easy as I thought it would be...
Danny-- Happy for you! I've been fortunate to see your 993, & she's a beauty. No wonder her next lucky owner's moving forward.

What was also interesting was that this year's theme was silver and black with the only bright exception of my redhead
Standard "driver's tan" of many enthusiastic cab owners: red skin + big grin

Harlan took lots of pics and I look forward to seeing them!
+1 ^^
Old 07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, those seats in Raymond's car look fantastic! I'd have liked to have 'experienced' those ..
But I have to say, I don't miss the July 'Squalls' up there ... Hope everyone had a good time, though .. it sure sounds like it :-)
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

By the way as you know I showed the car after the event to a local buyer. He loved it ( what's not to love) and thankfully I did not scare him with a lurid slide at WOT during the test drive So my car goes in for PPI this week... it looks like I maybe parting with her after all these years... It hit me on the way back home... letting her go is not going to be as easy as I thought it would be...
Yeah, I know the feeling, long term ownership builds a bit of attachment to a particular car, and moving on is not easy. However, just think of the possibilities that opens up in the future.... :-)

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Another MikeJ Shop Day-BBQ in the books! This years event was a bit stiffled by the constant rain and cloudy mist. The rain beaded off the windshield all the way up from Seattle, MikeS(Stealth993) who arrived the evening before from Tacoma was just pulling up onto the lift for what we all thought would be a routine SS brake line and oil change. Danny's red cab was the odd car out amongst the collection of black and silver 993s and Boxster.
Thanks Raymond for stopping by with your car with the seats that you are importing. They will offer a great seat option for 993 owners. I didn't get a picture of the interchangeable seat inserts but they offer the owner to change out the center sections of the seats with a cross stitched pattern inserts as well as alcantara or fabric.

A Big Thanks to MikeJ for again hosting another great event and Danny for being this years Grillmaster! It was great to see everyone, Rob, Dennis, and Gary especially.
Tim Moffat?? No show?? Too rainy?? Dennis got his car wet!
Attached Images               
Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice pictures Harlan, thanks!! (your artistic one in the fog looks great).

Well, this morning is sunshine and warm, everything is drying out....

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-17-2011, 02:52 PM
alcanada
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sitting in Mike’s garage sipping a cold beer and looking at a display of gorgeous 993s outside. Mike’s beautiful Targa was on the left and behind me the barbecue was giving off the delicious smell of cheese burgers. Once in a while there is a whiff of motor oil from the workshop where some of the guys are wrenching on the cars on the right. What more can you ask for on a Saturday afternoon. Got to meet great people and saw a bit of Mike’s handy work. I even test drove Mongrelcat’s 993 which has some of the upgrades I wanted… great setup. All the cars were in such great condition that it inspired me to wash my rims and fix the parking brake warning light when I got home that afternoon.
Looking forward to next year!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for hosting Mike - as always, a great event. Even if the weather didn't quite cooperate!

Harlan - nice photos!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great ^^ commentary alcanada! Perfect prose to set the scene and match Harlan's terrific photos. I really enjoyed the car-swap and fun run up the canyon and back. Your car is truly great. Awesome time.

Mike,,,, your hospitality was amazing, as usual. Thanks for once again providing a venue for any and all to really get to know these cars, up close and even underneath in a few cases!!,, And for so generously sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Highlights;
Mini-tour with alcanada, so much fun.

Rob for the chat and preview of Mango.

Danny for the very enlightening chat, many thanks for sharing.

BS-sesh and with Moffat and co. at the afterparty, thanks Tim, terrific hospitality and insights.

Stealth Mike,,, really appreciate you taking your time to share your wealth of knowledge of these cars and more.

J.Graham, great to catch up with you too, and sorry you didn't get a chance to have the SSK/Goldenrod fitted...

Lowlights; Absolute downpour on the way home at around midnight (highest wiper speed could not keep up, at times.) I think I need some turbo wiper motors for next year.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was pleasure meeting you all yesterday. Thank you Mike for hosting such an event. It give us a chance to learn more of our cars! I will need some maintenance work at your shop very soon! Here are some pics I've took yesterday.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Nice! Thanks for sharing.
+1

The pics reminded me of one more highlight of the day, Stealth Mike's engine bay...

Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Quite the contrast in weather from last year in the pictures. However there was an equal amount of fun to be had!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:18 AM
garyc2s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You Mike for hosting such a fantastic event, and for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us!!!
It is very much appreciated.

Harlan and Ray, great pictures!
I really like the seat supports of Ray's seats.
Danny, happy for your sale. The new owner got a beauty there.

Thanks to everyone for sharing such a fun and friendly afternoon.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

No rain, sleet or snow could stop this event. The pics tells it all. Mike your garage is nice. Maybe one day I can get one of our folks to host such an event. I'll be the first one to nominate Andreas. What ya say brother?

Ken
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Excellent event, very informative and a great group out!

Quick Reply: Mike J's 6th Annual pcarworkshop Shop Day and BBQ - July 16th, 2011