Sponsored by:

Mike J's 6th Annual pcarworkshop Shop Day and BBQ - July 16th, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like we are on so far. I am not as well prepared as I usually am, but that is OK, it should work out.

Not sure of the weather, the forecasts out that far are worthless.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Not sure of the weather, the forecasts out that far are worthless.

Cheers,

Mike
Seems like any more than 10-12 hours is a shot in the dark lately.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Gunter
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How true.
So much water this year making the groundwater tables high and my sump pump in the basement is running more than normal.

For anyone planning an oil change, here is an inexpensive alternative to the Snap-On for an oil filter wrench:

Autozone #25401 "B" type 76 mm cap wrench 3/8" drive: $6.00.
It's metal and one can drill/tap for 2 small release-screws should the cap ever get stuck on the filter.

Fits nicely on the small filter and makes the job easier.

Think sunshine.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:02 AM
code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard about this, sounds great! I don't need anything doing to my 993 right now, but I'd like to tag along to help out and learn something along the way.

Cheers,
Sam
Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, It looks like I will be able to make it up (cancelled other trip) for this great gathering of 993Listers, so who would like to caravan up I-5 from Seattle? PM me if interested. MikeJ, see if you can get Raymond to bring a set of those seats that he's importing by for us to "kick around"? I'm going to see if I can rustle up a couple of oil filters and a case of oil.

Last edited by H.H.Chinn; 07-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think he has those seats in his car already. He will be by in the afternoon, I am asking which seats are currently mounted in his C4S.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Well, It looks like I will be able to make it up (cancelled other trip) for this great gathering of 993Listers, so who would like to caravan up I-5 from Seattle? PM me if interested. MikeJ, see if you can get Raymond to bring a set of those seats that he's importing by for us to "kick around"? I'm going to see if I can rustle up a couple of oil filters and a case of oil.
I will drop by around 1pm with my C4S. Seats are in and everyone are welcome to try!! here is a little preview! See you then Mike!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Well, It looks like I will be able to make it up (cancelled other trip) for this great gathering of 993Listers, so who would like to caravan up I-5 from Seattle? PM me if interested....
Great news Harlan! PM sent, I'm up for a caravan.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Silly question guys, any of you have a spare 944 switch for the fan bypass? My switch split in half today! (or can I piggyback on any Sunset orders?). I know its too late for this weekend, but someone might have a spare...never know unless you ask!

The shop is now free (there have been 993's in there continuously for the last few months, and no not mine) and I am getting things setup for Saturday, so we should be in good shape. We have a bit of conflict with the neighbor, his summer party is on the same day, but I figure all the guys at his party would just LOVE to checkout the Porsches!

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm heading up in a couple of hours. If anyone wants to meet up tonight for drinks send me an email or PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow, early starter!!

Weather kindof sucks right now, hopefully its OK tomorrow.

Cheer,

(the other) Mike.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Getting ready to head up for the event, I guess those who don't drive in the rain will definitely miss this one. There's always hope that the weather will be a bit dryer 150 miles to the north. Looking forward to seeing fellow Northwest 993 Rennlisters and changing out my oil.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Not much hope yet...its pissing.. However, you never know, it could dry up. I have room in the shop for the BBQ, and working on cars is under cover, so it should be OK. Lets see how it pans out..
Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, another BBQ come and gone. A fairly good showing given it was pouring rain in the morning, and only let off a bit in the afternoon. I did not count the cars/people, but at least 12-14 cars, with a total of 15+ people. About half the usual number, but it worked out well for me since I finally had time to sit down and BS with some good friends, rather than run a frantic pace under a car somewhere.

Danny manned the BBQ, perfect cooking so the burgers this year were especially good. Everyone pitched in, brought stuff to nibble on or drink, and there was lots of catching up and BS flying about...good stuff!

Thanks everyone for coming up (especially the Seattle gang ... quite a drive ..) and hopefully next year it will be better weather.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Mike thanks for the hospitality and for another great event! It was interesting that the Seattle Gang outnumbered at a certain point the locals! It was great to see everyone again and the beautiful 993's. What was also interesting was that this year's theme was silver and black with the only bright exception of my redhead
Harlan took lots of pics and I look forward to seeing them!
By the way as you know I showed the car after the event to a local buyer. He loved it ( what's not to love) and thankfully I did not scare him with a lurid slide at WOT during the test drive So my car goes in for PPI this week... it looks like I maybe parting with her after all these years... It hit me on the way back home... letting her go is not going to be as easy as I thought it would be...

Quick Reply: Mike J's 6th Annual pcarworkshop Shop Day and BBQ - July 16th, 2011