Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PMO ITB's, DC 43 cam, JIC, Electromotive TEC3R, etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All joking aside....well done indeed, thanks for sharing your data!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haygeebaby
That's a nice power increase. Did you expect less or more?
What's the car like to drive now?
You know when I got it without the tune, I told my bro I am perfectly happy with the hp, whatever it was. It was so much fun driving it bec of the torque. Then when we were tuning it, I wanted more at the top!

When I started the project, I asked John D for the most aggressive cam I could get. Told him it was a street car. So maybe thats why he recommended the DC 43 - 112.

The reason I wanted more at the top was bec of the Pauter rods. It could rev to 7.5k. The graph doesnt show my new rev limit to 7.3k.

So right now I am happy with it but will likely go to a bigger cam a yr down the road. I drove my friends 67 911R replica. With its small 2l engine, it revved all the way to 7k and had a nice top end kick. Not strong but the characteristics of the engine is what I liked.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:28 PM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by evoderby
All joking aside....well done indeed, thanks for sharing your data!
Yes the magic 300 mark! LOL.....thanks. Like what they say, it would have been better if I took the engine to 9M. But I cant pay to play at that level.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camlob
Yes the magic 300 mark! LOL.....thanks. Like what they say, it would have been better if I took the engine to 9M. But I cant pay to play at that level.
All you need is a second ignition map optimized for Avgas / Vp Racing fuel......310HP ! :-)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Ive manage to get in around 8000km of development kms
LOL....development kms...on a street car.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:51 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Every KM I drive is "Development"

Nice work Paul, looking forward to hearing about the car as the miles go on her.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 AM
camlob
Pro

So we are hitting the track tomorrow with a couple of GT3s. I decided to install the ITG filters and they look much, much better than the k&n's, and lighter too! Since there is no cover, induction music is more prominent.

I also decided to do a LPMM mod to my fabspeed maxflo's. I am attaching a vid for you guys to hear. Same typical LPMM sound I guess. But response is much better than I expected. Richard Clewett told me to go straight pipes to help get power at the top, so with my tuner.

It easily revs now to 7.3k.

Here is a pic of the ITGs.

I had to force my daughter to take the vid. LOL...found out she was moving a lot.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:46 AM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice
Looks good and sounds good.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
camlob
Pro

Here is a vid I just took. I realized I didnt put-on the camera mount properly hence the vibration. But you will hear the induction music! Check the rev limit on 1st!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Camlob. It sounds great!

Not too loud from inside. Induction is great above 4000 rpm. When I listened to the you tube clip from outside the car I wasn't sure. Sounded a bit "flat plane crank", not metallic vintage 911RS enough to me (chatttery, popping etc). That may well just be just the exhaust set up though. However inside (kinda more important!) the sound is VERY nice and well distributed a cross the rev range.

The needle swings quickly around the dial and its very responsive. The power seems very linear and strong.

Well done!

What is your idle rpm with this cam and set up? This is one area of the cam/LINK install Im still playing with.....

Cheers
Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Camlob. It sounds great!

Not too loud from inside. Induction is great above 4000 rpm. When I listened to the you tube clip from outside the car I wasn't sure. Sounded a bit "flat plane crank", not metallic vintage 911RS enough to me (chatttery, popping etc). That may well just be just the exhaust set up though. However inside (kinda more important!) the sound is VERY nice and well distributed a cross the rev range.

The needle swings quickly around the dial and its very responsive. The power seems very linear and strong.

Well done!

What is your idle rpm with this cam and set up? This is one area of the cam/LINK install Im still playing with.....

Cheers
Hi M. My idle is set at 1.1k, when the AC turns on, it drops to about 900. This is due to the larger cam IMO. The seats are perfect for this beast. I didnt weigh all the stock induction parts, but it sure is heavy. I want to weigh the car to see the actual weight but I am quite sure its light enough.

However my friend already built the CF mold for the hood. So I am installing it next week.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 AM
993polartip
Advanced

Dude! Am shocked and envious!!! Holy crap what awesome performance! Seems like the car likes it at 7k rpm from the sound, also seems very controlled. Awesome. I should just remember never to bike at dh ear ever again : )

cheers
Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 AM
camlob
Pro

Ha.ha...I was doing 220kph when I let off and saw that white guy in the right cycling. Dont worry that was at 4pm and you guys bike early
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Nickmysta
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi again Camlob - are you not afraid that rain water may find its way in the ITBs with the ITG filters, or is there some type of cover which I am not seeing?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 AM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by Nickmysta
Hi again Camlob - are you not afraid that rain water may find its way in the ITBs with the ITG filters, or is there some type of cover which I am not seeing?
I was initially afraid but after experiencing one of the worst typhoons here, everything is ok. When it rains, the back portion of the air filter gets wet. Maybe two inches? Car runs fine. Probably like a free aquamist system! LOL....Also, I dont use it too much in the rain.

The 997 GT3 RS with the k&n suffers much, much more. Water gets funneled in from the lid straight to the filters!

Quick Reply: PMO ITB's, DC 43 cam, JIC, Electromotive TEC3R, etc