Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

You guys crack me up
We needed a thread like this...it's been too long.

She is right, stock wheels do look kind of funny...
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to warn you guys, I wouldn't mess with this women. ..
Attached Images  

Last edited by FisterD; 10-27-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davesnothere
I read that as "C U LADA" or "see you later," which is likely what this guy is thinking about his crazy ex!

- Dave
More like "See you next Tuesday."
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Our ebay account is in my wifes name.

I think it is time for some "woman to woman" Porch questions.

message sent, awaiting reply
This should be good.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...time for some "woman to woman" questions...rsr91128
Maybe somebody in the area could take a look at this purple 995.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's really not that good, I started kinda easy and she seems very civil. My questions were:

How much are keys and a battery?

It is hard to buy a car without driving it but it has low miles so I am sure it is OK, Can I have a mechanic check it out?

The exhaust is bigger than our other porsch what is different about it? Is it really loud?

Most importantly, If I win the auction do I really have to give back the backpack and LV stuff?

I got 2 replies from the ex-wife, both polite if misinformed.

They are long 1 paragragh replies without breaks so it is hard to read, the bold parts are entertaining:

thanks for writing. It's the Wife replying and not Victor my Ex-husband. The color is awesome and very rare, and the convertible is soooo fun you would not believe! Keys run around $250-$300 for a set of 2 and a cheap battery would be around $100-$150 and I've discounted the Porsche with these amounts considered. I always bought Porsche batteries only and they run around $900 for hi-performance. You get more out of the ride with the hi-performance battery, but you can purchase a cheaper one reasonably as well. It's your preference, but believe me this vehicle has been loved. As for the muffler the tips you see are silver and they help to cut down on loud noises, and no there is not a heavy noise but the peformance sound is there mildly. I have a high performance muffler on it as well and hardly ever even drove the car. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it or I would be honest and tell you. As for the local mechanic situation, YES you can do that as long as the $5,000 deposit is made but you would have to purchase a Valet Key so that we could at least open the doors of the Porsche for me to open the hood release so that your local mechanic can do whatever he needs to do to check the Porsche out and you will see that there's nothing wrong with it. Personally, I'm almost not wanting to sale it because I love it so much really. But I would do that for you and allow it as long as you purchased a Valet Key. Valet Keys from a Master Locksmith is about $100.00. If you wish to do this then I would not have a problem with it at all. You would be more than welcome. As for the items in the vehicle, unfortunately I could not let you have them because I'm a total Louis Vuitton phanatic and that LV Basketball is very rare and cost me over $400 to buy it, and the Babyphat backpack is a must have also. Sorry! But if we go the route for the Valet Key then I can just take those items out. Note: The Valet Key will not start the Porsche just open it.

reply #2

One more thing, it's not that hard to buy a car you haven't driven. If you know how to drive a Porsche-6 speed then there's no worries. I love this car so much I might take it down honestly because I love this car. But I'm trying to be as honest as I can. I bought a Mercedes S500 4 years ago from Ebay and I never drove it before buying and it shipped to me from TX. So I beg to differ. One more thing, if no one bids I will expect my buy it now price and not the starting price if I sold it without a bid. I've lowered this car reasonably and like I said in the ad listing I only drove it 5,000+ miles in 7 years and that should tell you how new it still is. The miles are new still and if you read my inspection sticker you will see that it would not be registered or inspected if there was something wrong with it. If you are in NY you know how detailed the inspections are here and they do not play and believe me a Porsche like this would not have the inspection stickers on it if there was something wrong with it. Anyways, let me know how you wish to move on the Valet Key situation and I'm more than willing to schedule something with your local mechanic for them to meet me at my storage unit as long as you can pay for the Valet Key so I can open the doors to get to the hood release. Also note that I'm keeping our conversation confidential and I'm not sharing the details of it onscreen so others can see our comments. Just wanted you to know how sincere I'm being because you know I could have posted my replies as well as yours and you know Ebay would not wanted to see what your question stated. So that should show some type of trust level in me when I tell you the Porsche is emmaculate and I mean emmaculate! Nothing is wrong with it! I assure you this! Just please know how to drive a 6-speed because this babygirl is fast!

I can't fathom why she wouldn't pay the $100 to get her valuable goodies out of the car? I have no idea what the ebay not wanting to see the questions means. I hope nobody sends her a link to this yet as I have some follow up questions.

If she would throw in the $400 LV rock I would prolly buy it now.

One thing is for sure. I gotta try a $900 battery so I can get more outta my ride.

What a waste of time.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just another ignorant seller. Really ignorant.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM
roarke01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the best!

My guess is that this is some type of internet scammer. Nigerian or something that stole pictures from somewhere and is now working his magic. Hence, you can't see it, the poor English, excuses for lack of additional pictures, irrationality and a general complete lack of common sense.

Say you are in the area and would like to see the car. See what happens then.

If you ever want similar laughs, go check out 419eater.com a site dedicated to making scammers miserable.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She/he can afford LV but not a key. Without a key how do they know the battery is NFG? Scam
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
roarke01
Instructor

Also note the "Send me 5000 dollars at close of auction for deposit" bullcrap. Send the money and kiss it goodbye.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Dr. Vader
Instructor

Milk/coffee just came out of my nose.

L o L

"I think it is time for some "woman to woman" Porch question"
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some woman to woman Porch talk

Message to seller:
Great car! Love the color. Wish it were closer to me. Good luck with the sale!
Michelle

Response:
Hi Michelle, thanks for writing! It's the Ex-wife writing - not my Ex-husband Victor. I'm almost near removing the ad because I'm missing it too much already. You would not believe how awesome this car is. I bought a Mercedez S500 4 yrs ago on Ebay and I didn't test drive it and paid for shipping. When a car is a darn good car -- there's not problems with it when it's been garaged and babied. This Porsche is awesome and believe me I would love for a woman to buy it from us and not a man. Nothing personal, but it's made more for a female than a man! Thanks for appreciating my Porsche, I really appreciate the reply.

She has some serious issues with men. Victor seems to have ruined her
I'm leaning towards scam too Matt, until someone actually sees the car.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm guessing this car(babygirl) was a present to a girlfriend or mistress.
things broke down so girlfriend hides babygirl in storage.
boyfriend breaks into apartment and takes keys and pet dog hostage to get babygirl back.
girlfriend is pissed so is trying to sell babygirl.

I feel bad for the car.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! She is so nice to women! What a difference, even if she still doesn't know it is a 993.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

Originally Posted by MarkD
This Porsche is awesome ... Nothing personal, but it's made more for a female than a man!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!