Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt
Just another ignorant seller. Really ignorant.
Don't you mean 'egnorant'. The spelling and grammar are so atrocious its painful.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 PM
roarke01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent a message to Victor saying I live in Lindenhurst and would like to come see the car.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Smells more and more like a scam, especially given that 'Victor' hasn't used the acct in over a year. Some Nigerian scammer cracked the password and then proceeded to change the email address so that correspondence was diverted to him and not the real owner of the acct. Time to flag the posting.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone please go see this car!!! I would be packing if you go look at it. She always seems to lead off by saying "It's the Ex-wife writing - not my Ex-husband Victor" I am sure this is a scam. Keep the em' coming, she has cooled her jets a little from the earlier responses . Funny.

Mike
Old 10-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...smells more and more like a scam...CorrdoBrit
I wondered about that as well, but then the angry reaction to the inquiries, is puzzling.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

...and here I thought I'd dated all the crazy-as-bat**** women on the planet. Thank you God for sparing me this one. "Victor" must've been Hitler in his previous life to end up with her!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Well its flagged. I guess 2 can play the 'I'll report you to Ebay" game. If its not a scam (highly unlikely) then its someone who isn't entitled to sell the car, at least without a co-signer.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
NeufCentOnze
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think it is a scam. What would a scammer gain by adding the story of the bad battery, lost keys and personal apparel left inside the car? This lady is just cheap and clueless. Not something uncommon anywhere.
I like the fact that the car is "emmaculate". I hope she did not mean emasculated.
Chris
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't believe it is a scam either. Too much anger in the responses, especially towards men. Why show hatred and anger to a prospective 'victim'? Most scam responses will be helpful and hoping for follow-up.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Maybe its a whole new tact. Scammers evolve their approach. tbh I wouldn't be surprised either way. If genuine then I feel sorry for the seller and even more so for Victor and that poor 995.......
Old 10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is not scam, just crazy. A scammer doesn't throw up intentional red flags like "I need my Louis Vuitton basketball back." They just want the money.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

It was the "sure you can have it inspected, just wire $5K first" red flag that makes the deal a little suspicious and that there is no buying and/or selling history over the past 3 years.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too funny! The $5k deposit, syntax and spelling all say scam to me.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Emailed her twice, got replies. I say 'not scam', but almost certainly been sniffing octane booster. Once again, my prayers are with Victor.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh no...

I lost my friend.

Here was my next message (I intentionally called victor her husband not ex hoping for a response):

Thanks for the replies.

Not to be rude but if it only cost's $100 for a key why don't you just get one made and get your stuff out? that's what I would do.

My husband thinks it sounds fishy that you or your husband wouldn't want the car to run before selling it. I think for the $35,000 it should be running, I was thinking it would sell below the BIN price that is why I am interested.

We talked to a guy in Long Island that will go by to check the car out, but I won't pay $100 for a key without knowing the car is good. So you may think about getting a key made because I don't think anyone would send $100 for you to get you stuff out of it. Let me know what you think about getting a key and having the mechanic look at it.

I am not sure about the ebay not wanting to see comment. I stated that if nobody used the Buy it Know before I could schedule an inspection then we would be interested. I would never buy a car outside of ebay without being there in person.
Thanks

The reply was not as polite

First of all, a key from Porsche for my car DOES NOT COST $100.00 and you are way wrong on what you think you know. Fishy? Please do not insult me. # 2, Victor9293 is not my husband, he's my Ex-husband and I do not need you to tell me what to do! I have 6 other cars to be concerned about and you would need the keys and the bypass remote to start my car. So before you go off (with your husband trying to insult me) spend some time calling Porsche of Huntinton or Amityville, tell them the VIN# on this vehicle and tell them you need a set of keys and the bypass remote to start the car and watch how much they tell you it costs! Then you'll see that you did nothing but insult me.

Lastly, I'm not that pressed to sell my car and if you can't afford my Buy It Now price then I would not sell it to you or anyone and I don't care what your husband thinks. At this point, I've got enough people that are interested in my car with or without the keys. I don't have time for keys and you sound ridiculous! Please do not write me again trying to insult me. I was honest with you and yet you write me back talking about something that you don't know anything about -- which is Porsche keys. They definately don't cost $100.00 now pick up the phone and call Porsche and find out for yourself and know I'm laughing at you when you do. The one thing I can't stand is to be insulted because I don't believe in doing it, but I tell you what ... You are not welcome to write me back.

I would keep my Porsche first before selling it to you or anyone else for that matter that writes me that way. My Porsche does run. There's nothing wrong with it running. If I found my keys this second, I could take you there and it start right up after I put my battery in, so please!

Finally, do not write me back about anyone seeing my Porsche. I'm not selling it to you nor am I considering an amount less than my Buy It Now. If I don't get a bid or the amount, I'll keep it for myself. Now good day!

I think it is time for the husband to reply.

Shes the one who said $100 WTF? If only she knew how much knowledge I have with Porsche keys with a VIN Sunset will cut you one for $60 FYI.

This chick has serious issues. I don't think it is a scam, I am voting the full on bat**** crazy route.

Quick Reply: All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!