Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010 | 08:39 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Why do I keep thinking about this chick who set the new reference point for bat**** crazy. Maybe they're related or one and the same.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx_WKxqQF2o
Old 10-26-2010 | 10:02 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Oh no...

I lost my friend.

Here was my next message (I intentionally called victor her husband not ex hoping for a response):

Thanks for the replies.

Not to be rude but if it only cost's $100 for a key why don't you just get one made and get your stuff out? that's what I would do.

My husband thinks it sounds fishy that you or your husband wouldn't want the car to run before selling it. I think for the $35,000 it should be running, I was thinking it would sell below the BIN price that is why I am interested.

We talked to a guy in Long Island that will go by to check the car out, but I won't pay $100 for a key without knowing the car is good. So you may think about getting a key made because I don't think anyone would send $100 for you to get you stuff out of it. Let me know what you think about getting a key and having the mechanic look at it.

I am not sure about the ebay not wanting to see comment. I stated that if nobody used the Buy it Know before I could schedule an inspection then we would be interested. I would never buy a car outside of ebay without being there in person.
Thanks

The reply was not as polite

First of all, a key from Porsche for my car DOES NOT COST $100.00 and you are way wrong on what you think you know. Fishy? Please do not insult me. # 2, Victor9293 is not my husband, he's my Ex-husband and I do not need you to tell me what to do! I have 6 other cars to be concerned about and you would need the keys and the bypass remote to start my car. So before you go off (with your husband trying to insult me) spend some time calling Porsche of Huntinton or Amityville, tell them the VIN# on this vehicle and tell them you need a set of keys and the bypass remote to start the car and watch how much they tell you it costs! Then you'll see that you did nothing but insult me.

Lastly, I'm not that pressed to sell my car and if you can't afford my Buy It Now price then I would not sell it to you or anyone and I don't care what your husband thinks. At this point, I've got enough people that are interested in my car with or without the keys. I don't have time for keys and you sound ridiculous! Please do not write me again trying to insult me. I was honest with you and yet you write me back talking about something that you don't know anything about -- which is Porsche keys. They definately don't cost $100.00 now pick up the phone and call Porsche and find out for yourself and know I'm laughing at you when you do. The one thing I can't stand is to be insulted because I don't believe in doing it, but I tell you what ... You are not welcome to write me back.

I would keep my Porsche first before selling it to you or anyone else for that matter that writes me that way. My Porsche does run. There's nothing wrong with it running. If I found my keys this second, I could take you there and it start right up after I put my battery in, so please!

Finally, do not write me back about anyone seeing my Porsche. I'm not selling it to you nor am I considering an amount less than my Buy It Now. If I don't get a bid or the amount, I'll keep it for myself. Now good day!

I think it is time for the husband to reply.

Shes the one who said $100 WTF? If only she knew how much knowledge I have with Porsche keys with a VIN Sunset will cut you one for $60 FYI.

This chick has serious issues. I don't think it is a scam, I am voting the full on bat**** crazy route.
WTF is wrong with this lady. I think she is truly certifiable. She is the nastiest person I have ever heard. I gotta meet Victor, or should I say Saint Victor.

Mike
Old 10-26-2010 | 10:48 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Okay, for the first time in my life (promise!) I played the part of a lady, in this case, "Michelle". Clearly, the demeanor is significantly more pleasant to the presumed female, so for your entertainment, I offer...

Dear victor9293,

Hi There,

Looking for a 993 and saw yours. Very interesting; love the color! My husband and I have a friend nearby who could take a look at the car for us. (I know more about the car than my husband does!)

How do you want me to have my 'car savvy' friend (Richard) contact you? He could come by THIS weekend if that's okay.

Silly question but, is there any way he can open the car? Is there a spare valet key or anything? Just checking. Thanks,

Michelle

------

Dear Michelle,
Thanks for writing and admiring my car. I'm getting so many replies right now and so many people wanting to come see this car it's not funny! I know what you mean about knowing more about the Porsche than your husband -- I'm in the same position (LOL). But NO if you want a mechanic to look at it you would have to get a Valet key made. This Porsche did not come with a Valet Key. It came with the electronic key and the alarm which has the bypass on it to start the car. Runs $200-$500 from Porsche.

I lost my keys and can't find them as I state in the listing. Having a car savvy friend come look means nothing if it's going to be the weekend because my auction will be over by then and there's still a dozen or more people that want to purchase it if no one bids so I don't think it will be available by the weekend. As far as I go, I'm thinking seriously about not selling it if it does not get any bids.

So many people want this car if I don't get bids and I personally am thinking not selling it if it does not get bids because I would sell it for more than my buy-it-now price. I babied this car and never took the time to drive it. I had a Mercedes SL500 Roadster Conv that I loved so much and barely put 5,000+ in miles on the Porsche in 7 years so really no matter how car savvy your friend is means nothing unless he's a mechanic who can come with a Valet key so we can get to the hood. If he's great with Porsche's once he looks under my hood and see my engine he will know 1000% that this car is being sold for pennies and by that time I won't be selling it.

Presently, I'm still looking for my keys honestly. It's tearing me up inside just knowing I lost them. My Ex-husband swears they are probably packed in one of the moving boxes and if that's the case I'm never gonna find them. But anyways, there is no keys because I lost them in my move. I will only allow your friend to meet me at my storage but it would have to be before the weekend. Auction ends Sat.

The only thing this Porsche needs is some octane booster, keys, a good detailer of course just to get the dust and smears off, and a battery. That's absolutely positively it! I had no idea I would receive a response like this for lowering the price due to lost keys. I've got so many people writing me to come see this Porsche it's nearly insane, and it makes me want to keep my Porsche even more. At this point, I am open to the highest bidder of course, but like I said if it does not get a bid and/or close to my buy it now price as a minimum I will not sell it after the auction ends.

Nothing personal, but I truly love the car myself, and I'll just keep it in storage until the winter is over and get new keys made from Porsche when I get time. So if you are serious about this Porsche, then all I can say is bid on it and make it high because otherwise, I'm not going to sell it if there's no bids at all come Saturday when the auction ends.

Let me know if you want to schedule something with your car savvy friend. I'm good for tomorrow or Thursday no problem, but I'll have to know in advance because I will have to take off work to go out to meet your guy at my storage unit. When you write me back, you can send me your guys phone # and I'll call him to make an appointment with him so he can see it.

But do get back to me because I have to notify my secretary and staff that I would not be coming in.
- victor9293 Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

----
Funny, no "time" to have keys made; TONS of time for lengthy and repetitively repetitive messages that repeat themselves with repetition.
Old 10-26-2010 | 11:07 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

I got the "man-hatin'" response...

Read the title. It's in the picture and it says the Model is 911 and when I bought it that's what my paperwork said. I'm sick of all of you arrogant men writing me telling me about what I should do with my Porsche. If I don't get bids it's OK I'm not pressed for the money and at this point I'm definately NOT pressed to sell it either -- I'll just keep my Porsche stored, get me new keys and a high performance battery and detailed and I'm good to go so to write me like this is ridiculous -- It's not appreciate, and most certainly NOT professional! Please do not write me again. You are not asking me questions about my vehicle, and you think you know everything! Please do not contact me again! You are beyond rude! Read the Title, it's in the picture closeup and you will see that it's titled as a 911 now take it up with DMV I was being honest because that's what the paperwork said and that's what the Title said when I paid CASH for my Porsche in 2003. Now what else can you say, NOTHING - so don't! Good-bye!!

OH one more thing: I have several bidders that have already came to see my Porsche today and more tomorrow that have already advised that they are still interested in my Porsche if I do not get bids. So great if I do, and so what if I don't ... I'm not selling it either way if I do not get bids, and that's my right. So it won't matter anyways, but man do I appreciate the concern!!

Funny how "Victor" and Ms. "Ex-Victor" both spell "emmaculate" incorrectly...

Email: This car is emmaculate in all areas except it just needs cleaned, detailed and a battery and that's it! I'm a female and my Porsche is not an INTERESTING 993 and I can do without the sarcasm please. I can't believe people (MEN of course) waste their time writing emails like this!

Auction: EMMACULATE CONDITION - EXCEPT A LITTLE DIRTY AND A LITTLE DUSTY
DUE TO BEING STORED IN STORAGE FOR A FEW DAYS...
Old 10-26-2010 | 11:24 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Someone from here having fun on Pelican?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...r-1-993-a.html
Old 10-26-2010 | 11:30 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

"Playa76911S" is one of the more infamous Pelican trolls.
Old 10-26-2010 | 11:34 PM
boman993
Drifting

Haha, this thread is too funny...I don't think it's a scam either...The Nigerians
are on to bigger and better scams like this one

https://i.imgur.com/MeGKo.jpg
Old 10-27-2010 | 12:10 AM
TX Silver
Instructor

Holy $&|#!!!!

This lady has a secretary and staff?????? WTF

How could anyone work for this lady? Must all be women since any man wouldn't last more than a couple of days without sticking his head in a shredder. I'd really like to meet Victor to ask him how stayed married to her for what couldn't have been any longer than two week. Unfortunately, I don't know sign language.
Old 10-27-2010 | 01:22 AM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

You guys this is clearly a scammer only looking for a deposit or whatever they can get. A scammer with a lot of time no doubt, but at the end of the day just another petty thief.
Old 10-27-2010 | 02:02 AM
dio
1st Gear

This is the most entertaining thread I've read in a long time. Forgive me but I can't resist contributing this:

We, men, should be ashamed of ourselves for being so negative about her. I usually can say something good about almost anyone, like in this case "that she is not my wife".
Old 10-27-2010 | 07:42 AM
ble2011
Drifting

I don't know where this thread is going, but it's unbelievably entertaining.
Old 10-27-2010 | 08:04 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Complete scam...
Old 10-27-2010 | 08:28 AM
DougM
Three Wheelin'

I doubt it is a scam.
First, the ebay sellers location of Deer Park NY matches that of the actual car location according to the autocheck.
Also, the scammers usually entice people with a clean car or great deal. This car is not a good deal for the BIN price even if it had keys and ran.
Old 10-27-2010 | 10:04 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

^Agree. Not a scam. I understand having a little fun with the seller, who is clearly out of her gourd. But I wouldn't flag the auction. I don't think there's a rule against being a crazy, unreasonable, overly optimistic seller. All of the reasons not to buy the car are reasons it's not a scam. Scammers promote items that are too GOOD to be true, not too BAD to be true.
Old 10-27-2010 | 10:37 AM
Rinty
Drifting

...not a scam...Reddy Kilowatt
And she seems prepared to allow Adams an appointment to inspect the car.

It would be interesting to meet this lady.

Quick Reply: All this and for only $53,500.00 - COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!