Quintuplet arrives home ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Judge Kika,

If it pleases the court, I recommend that the 'defendant' be let off scot free, in view of new photographic evidence submitted by a fellow RLer below.

However, I suspect there's a story, & I'd like to hear it!
...but the defendant, being from California -- home to Hollywood -- probably has a press agent recommending he not talk 'til after a movie or magazine exposé.

^^ Photography courtesy & copyright of RLer ZMayne.
evidence cannot be viewed. please submit evidence before case can be dismissed.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Congratulations, JPP!

Originally Posted by JPP

Aack! Canyon Driving for TWO HOURS???? Seriously...
Originally Posted by Kika

we'll grant you an appeal and reduce your sentence, but the pictures are mandatory!
Your honor, the star witness & fellow RLer gives the following testimony on zacharyMayne.squarespace.com.

Apparently, the fomal court record shall be later published in the below-named judicial journal

Originally Posted by ZMayne

I drove to San Luis Obispo and photographed a 993 Carrera S Cabriolet for Excellence, one of five made by Beverly Hills Porsche when the cars were new.

^^ Photography courtesy & copyright of Zachary Mayne.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

CASE CLOSED!, the court is now in recess, let's go out and DRIVE!

Beautiful car.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^^ San Louis Obispo?!?^^^^ How did my car get there??? ... uh, oh yeah, I think I remember that drive ..... Oh, yeah .. there WAS a canyon involved in that one ... and a quick exit "for gas" after spotting a CHP on the other side of the freeway whilst 'cruising' a tad over the limit .....
Old 02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Can't believe I never saw this thread. What an awesome car and story!

Now lose the towel rack!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

very special car and a sound investment.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^^ San Louis Obispo?!?^^^^ How did my car get there??? ... uh, oh yeah, I think I remember that drive .....
wait, I gotta get my boots on. It's gettin' deep in here

Jäger - Internet Super Sleuth Extraordinaire.
Dude, you are amazing. No secrets are safe with you on the interwebz.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^I know, right?^^^ this guy knows more about my car than I do ...;-)
Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeh, it's a sickness
...but even moreso for 993 Speedsters just imagine
Originally Posted by MarkD

Jäger - Internet Super Sleuth Extraordinaire.
Dude, you are amazing. No secrets are safe with you on the interwebz.
Originally Posted by JPP

^^^I know, right?^^^

this guy knows more about my car than I do ...;-)
'Course, it's easy to know more than JPP, who can't remember his drive to the shoot. "SLO" is kinda appropriate, huh? (San Luis Obispo)

Just joshin' -- I know ZMayne & his camera move way too fast for a forgettable photo session.

Congrats again, JPP!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by curve lover
'Course, it's easy to know more than JPP, who can't remember his drive to the shoot. "SLO" is kinda appropriate, huh? (San Luis Obispo)

Congrats again, JPP!!!
I call it "Selective Senility" It's a great tool for the 50+ crowd (especially effective for managing long-term relationships ...)

.. and thank you, but I think all this might be a bit pre-mature. I understand the story and pictures are "in Production" and "submitted for Artwork" .. Phrases that I'm sure even Allen Greenspan would be proud to claim .. (just kidding, you know me, I'm a kidder ..). At any rate, this story is a collaboration with a friend of the editor who actually saw all 5 cars at Beverly Hills Porsche before they were delivered and, hopefully, will be contributing his memories and first hand knowledge to shed some more light on the car's production and existence. I say hopefully because I really don't know any more than that, although I've tried to uncover more information through the BHP dealership with very little result, but it sounds like this gentleman may know quite a bit about the 5 cars so I remain 'hopeful'. ... and Zach took some great shots which will also be fun to see in print. Hilde is my favorite thing these days. She is my seductress and I am her willing slave ....
Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I call it "Selective Senility" It's a great tool for the 50+ crowd (especially effective for managing long-term relationships ...)

.. and thank you, but I think all this might be a bit pre-mature. I understand the story and pictures are "in Production" and "submitted for Artwork" .. Phrases that I'm sure even Allen Greenspan would be proud to claim .. (just kidding, you know me, I'm a kidder ..). At any rate, this story is a collaboration with a friend of the editor who actually saw all 5 cars at Beverly Hills Porsche before they were delivered and, hopefully, will be contributing his memories and first hand knowledge to shed some more light on the car's production and existence. I say hopefully because I really don't know any more than that, although I've tried to uncover more information through the BHP dealership with very little result, but it sounds like this gentleman may know quite a bit about the 5 cars so I remain 'hopeful'. ... and Zach took some great shots which will also be fun to see in print. Hilde is my favorite thing these days. She is my seductress and I am her willing slave ....
if you think that is vague you should try getting an (expensive!) ad in the specific issue that you want it in

I'll tell ya later JP...
Old 02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MarkD
if you think that is vague you should try getting an (expensive!) ad in the specific issue that you want it in

I'll tell ya later JP...
Oh yesh PLEASE! Do Tell! You KNOW I luv's the 'DISH' ......
Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP

I call it "Selective Senility" It's a great tool for the 50+ crowd (especially effective for managing long-term relationships)

Originally Posted by JPP

I've tried to uncover more information through the BHP dealership with very little result
Fingers crossed, hoping to finally see the story documented in print (with amazing visual aids)
Originally Posted by JPP

story is a collaboration with a friend of the editor who actually saw all 5 cars at Beverly Hills Porsche before they were delivered and, hopefully, will be contributing his memories and first hand knowledge to shed some more light on the car's production and existence ... sounds like this gentleman may know quite a bit about the 5 cars .
Knowatchamean: been down that road with the same result during the two times I tried to buy her. Got in touch with Clubrcr (Jim) when he had his white BH WB cab, & sent a PM when your seller, RLer 'motoring,' briefly posted it here ... but we all know the end of that happy story. Again: well done!

^^ May 2008 shots I saved when she was advertised on eBay, CL, & sierraClassics.com.

Quick Reply: Quintuplet arrives home ...