Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Is that a tennis term? Excuse my ignorance, but I'm from the UK.
Sorry, that means that GBD threw his basketball from half-court and put the ball in without hitting the net (i.e. all net, no rim). 'nother words, nice shot!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
33 friends in facebook...I wonder why?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it my monitor or is that really a pink rinse
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Sorry, that means that GBD threw his basketball from half-court and put the ball in without hitting the net (i.e. all net, no rim). 'nother words, nice shot!
Also works on the tennis court i guess although the context is different
Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Is it my monitor or is that really a pink rinse
To paraphrase Bill Murray in Ghostbusters, "We've got to get these two together . . . "
Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got it

I emphasized "accuracy of description," as I'm also an online buyer (hence the hoarding!).

Many times, my online purchases didn't mate with the selling description.

So, as my Porsche goodies are in exceptionally nice condition, I felt such items should go to fellow enthusiasts.

Thus listing them here.

Moving forward, to the delights of the Posters above, my FS listings will be sparse, if not nonexistent.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:06 PM
simpateko
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like he justifies his behavior by returning the money from completed transactions.

how could they be upset, i returned their money?

he returns their money when he can find a buyer that will pay him a few bucks more, after making a deal.

returning someones money does not forgive your obligation!

breach of contract seems to be a way of life for some people.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, enough.

This is like watching a bully on the playground get the shiiit get kicked out of him. Even though he may deserve it, as the blood starts to pour out of various places, it still becomes hard to watch. We are better than where this thread is headed. I believe that the point has been made, big time. Can we get back to cars?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Similar shenanigins:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...y-edition.html
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Guys, enough.

This is like watching a bully on the playground get the shiiit get kicked out of him. Even though he may deserve it, as the blood starts to pour out of various places, it still becomes hard to watch. We are better than where this thread is headed. I believe that the point has been made, big time. Can we get back to cars?
I do understand what you're saying, but, sorry, I seriously doubt if a soft approach will send a clear message. Taking a hard line might make Porsche Fan think twice about pulling crap like this. However, based on the PM's that he's has sent to me, I'm not sure he feels that he's done anything wrong. I seriously doubt if sending him a greeting card asking him to stop his ways will alter his behavior.

This selling approach has no place here. I've been strung along by a seller here and had goods pulled out from under me after a mutual commitment was made, so I understand Noah's pain, the pain of the six or seven other eBayers who got hosed notwithstanding.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:32 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark, I understand. But after 5 pages, and now starting to post about his personal life, etc....isnt enough enough? Do you really think anyone is going to buy from him now? I have been emailing him back and forth and received some seat pictures as recent as yesterday. Has this string caused me to back off what would have/could have been a transaction? Yes it has. So I am a good test case. Mission accomplished. I have no horse in this particular fight, and I am not defending him. All I am saying is that at some point it starts to read like a public stoning and the good guys start to look like bad guys...

(this, written by a well known Texas Conservative, not a bleeding heart liberal )
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Anyone who's been at the receiving end of tactics such as these, and I include myself here, is going to be a little sensitive and quite rightly so. The personal stuff is a little OTT and ought to be removed. I don't think it adds to the point we're trying to make.

Well here's an opportunity for PF to prove to everyone that he's a man of his word and that he won't peddle his wares on RL in future.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Mark, I understand. But after 5 pages, and now starting to post about his personal life, etc....isnt enough enough? Do you really think anyone is going to buy from him now? I have been emailing him back and forth and received some seat pictures as recent as yesterday. Has this string caused me to back off what would have/could have been a transaction? Yes it has. So I am a good test case. Mission accomplished. I have no horse in this particular fight, and I am not defending him. All I am saying is that at some point it starts to read like a public stoning and the good guys start to look like bad guys...

(this, written by a well known Texas Conservative, not a bleeding heart liberal )
LOL, no, this is not a stoning; rather, this is tarring and feathering him and running him out of town on a rail.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

Mark,

I've tried reasoning with you via PM, so as not to drag the entire forum through your rants.

Your posts are hitting well "below the belt."

You've done an excellent job of magnifying a select few transaction where I felt the buyer didn't perform.

Yeah, imagine that... there are actually two parties to a transaction.

So no, just because someone has a checkbook and eventually gets around to kinda sorta holding up his end of the bargain, it by no means dictates that I have to "eject" a real legit buyer (that had more than enough time to arrive, negotiate, make payment and receive the item long before the RL check arrived - THAT'S A LOT OF TIME).

If it was truly important to the RLer, he would of FedEx'd his check and made shipping arrangements.

BTW, the RLer went so far as to say "if someone else wants the seats, you should probably sell them."

As far as the initial transaction, we never even agreed on a shipping method. In no way shape or form was this a "done deal."

But hey, that hasn't stopped the "haters" with their "if you've wrong one of us, you've wronged us all."

Furthermore, if a passing phone call (where only one aspect of the transaction is agreed upon and we'll get to the rest later), constitutes a binding "hand shake" to a select few RL posters, I got it.

Really, thanks again for the "charming" posts.

You've made your point.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

As Mark feels that my PMs should be public, here's my last PM to Mark:

Mark,

FYI, the RLer gave me repeated verbal "outs" on this seat transaction.

Direct quotes from RLer include:

"you should probably sell the seats to someone else"

"hold onto the check when it comes, as I might not take the seats"

The RLer, definitely indicated that he wanted an "out" on the transaction.

Furthermore, the RLer would not commit to a shipping method, as I should "hold onto the check until I get back from vacation and decide for sure that I want the seats" - that is an exact quote from your beloved RL brother.

Given your posturing, I doubt that you'll give me a public apology.

Furthermore, I'm quite certain that you feel the inane right to drag me through it.

That said, I would deeply appreciate your removing the "naked man" picture from your previous post.

The association has got my family rolling on the floor laughing and their incessant taunts are getting ridiculous.

Last edited by Porsche Fan; 09-01-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Quick Reply: SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.