Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM
polaris 993 sport
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I have these sport seats(ordered with car) -with original leather-mint condition. I have had several large framed persons in them. It was a tight fit but not impossible. I just worried they would break them more than anything.
I love my seats-you can drive al day with no back -aches.
I always thought they were a rare find??
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Maybe RL needs a separate thread for outing 'scumbag' RL Member sellers, just as a service to other members. Mark and I have an entry and it certainly sounds as though Noah and Sympatiko have another. Would love to hear Porsche Fan's explanation for these sales tactics. He's logging in and obviously reading this thread. So Russell care to comment?
like a Buyer/Seller feedback forum --> http://www.mbworld.org/forums/buyer-...back-forum-95/
Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
like a Buyer/Seller feedback forum --> http://www.mbworld.org/forums/buyer-...back-forum-95/
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Looks as though the MB thread sees plenty of activity too. I don't think the RL version would see quite so much traffic but it would be ideal to out the bad apples who do frequent The List.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Thats unfortunate, but not that surprising based on his Ebay feedback. Several complaints of items being sold only for the seller to renegue on the deal. I'm sure 'MrSullivan' will be glad to know this. Thanks for the heads up Noah
Indeed this is very interesting and timely feedback...
Old 08-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 112 Posts

Mr. Russel is a long-time seller advertising in Panorama, lot's of interesting old parts over the years (RS, RSR). Yup, I love reading classified adverts...

I posted a while back about my aunt having an old 930 SW in the basement. PM with a low offer came in from Porsche Fan, I asked hiim if he was in fact Rader Russel from Panorama, he did not respond. No harm/no foul, but suffice to say I am not going to be selling him any parts...

I much prefer to sell and trade with fellow listers that are just enthusiasts like me - not trying to run a business below the Radar. No pun intended.

Best,

Matt
Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. I guess this guy has a track record. Is there some reason why he can't be banned from Rennlinst? Who do I send this thread to?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
TN Gun Owners forum has the same thing, it's very handy to check before buying/selling. I too wish we had one here.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:36 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
Is there some reason why he can't be banned from Rennlinst?
I agree with Noah. Rennlist deserves better.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
Interesting. I guess this guy has a track record. Is there some reason why he can't be banned from Rennlinst? Who do I send this thread to?
I don't see why not...It has happened already with other shody "Rennlist members" such as "Royalty", "Mr Gunn", etc.

This is the type of stuff that John D. would be on top of. I don't know now who handles that now. Forum Moderators maybe?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

I believe 'Itc' is a forum mod. Perhaps a quick PM to him might get things rolling.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your constructive criticism.

I have added the following to all "FS" listings:

"This item is listed for sale elsewhere; and is only available on a first come, first served basis. Thus, first payment received consummates the sale and secures this item at the agreed upon price. NO EXCEPTIONS."

For items listed both on ebay and RL, the RL listing has and will continue to offer RLers a substantial discount whenever possible.

To clear up any hearsay on the matter of the Sport Seats, the time line was as follows:

*RLer and I agreed on a price. At that time, I offered the RLer the opportunity to immediately pay for the item via PayPal (at the agreed up on sum plus 3% to cover the PayPal transaction fees).

*RLer declined the PayPal option (due to its additional 3% PayPal transaction fee); and stated he would send a check via USPS.

*Between the time RLer said he would send payment and the check's heavily delayed arrival, the seats were sold and paid for on ebay.

***Thus, the ebayer effectively completed all 5 points needed to form a valid purchase contract (Keep in mind, a contract is not consummated or enforceable without "consideration" - meaning payment. Without payment, in the end, it's just talk).

*When RLers check eventually did arrive in the mail, I immediately returned it to him.

Regarding my FS listings, upon receipt of payment, items always and will continue to be:
*exactly as described
*carefully and expertly packed
*shipped in a timely manner via UPS or FedEx

my side,
P Fan

Last edited by Porsche Fan; 08-31-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: terms of sale
Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

I can think of a poorer way to business, but not off-hand.

If Noah and you agreed on a price, and he stated that he would send a check via USPS, you had a contract and a moral obligation to sell to him, whether it was yet consummated or not. His intent was to purchase them, and you knew that.

"Noah's form of payment was too slow for current market conditions." WTF? More like, "Noah's form of payment was too slow for my unethical business practices."

You may not have done anything wrong, in the legal sense. But you sure as hell didn't do what was right. Your perspectives are everything that's wrong. Personally I'd love to see you banned from here, but that may not happen. But I sure hope enough Rennlisters get the word about the poor way you conduct yourself and your ability to sell parts here is affected negatively. This IS meant as a dig.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Hold on a minute, something doesn't add up. Here's your Ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUI...Q5fAccessories

Looks like the seats were purchased with a best offer which is not an automatic buy, it requires a seller to agree to the price. So something doesn't add up here. If that price turns out to be more than what was on Noah's check then I think we have the main reason why they were sold on Ebay.

Oh, and the feedback you got about those seats was quite comical. This thread is getting more and more entertaining by the minute...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 471 Likes on 254 Posts

Porsche Fan, ever seen the words, "Sale Pending?" You had a commitment to Noah and he to you. Noah keep his commitment and you didn't. You could have taken informed back up offers pending funding from Noah. Did you contact Noah about the check's whereabouts or his commitment to you before you sold the seats on ebay? I think I know the answer..........
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

That feedback on Ebay was funny. PF is clearly a class act, making friends wherever he goes......

I'm sure there is an interesting timeline here and if PF did accept a 'Best Offer' via Ebay, then it was undoubtedly higher than the value of the check that was in the mail. I would also be surprised that the check was sent 1st class. Was it trackable? Certainly if a RLister said the check was in the mail I'd have no reason not to believe them. Maybe Noah can elaborate here.

Anyway whatever the facts, and they're not looking good for you PF, the way this has been handled by you would preclude me from buying anything from you in the future.

Quick Reply: SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.