Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

This is all very sad. I would think that honoring an agreed to sale would be a fundamental rule for any business transaction and even more so between members of this forum. Is charging State Sales Tax for same-state transactions "normal" for member to member For Sale ads?

On a more positive note, last week I was the lucky responder to an ad for a steering wheel and airbag for sale by our own 'NoHtwoO' who, after I said I would buy the items, shipped them immediately and INSISTED that I wait to pay him by personal check until I had received and inspected them. Of course, the wheel and airbag were exactly as described and I couldn't be happier. Bill is the perfect example of what Rennlist is all about and there are many, many others here who behave in the same way going above and beyond to help our fellow members because they value the same things. IMHO, if you are here to take advantage of that fellowship for personal gain, then your in the wrong place for the wrong reasons.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, just to be clear -- I am not upset. We're talking about some seats for a car. Very, very small potatoes. I posted the PM exchange with the seller simply because he had gratuitously lied about our deal, and I didn't want people thinking I was crying wolf or myself being dishonest.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense, let's get back to our regularly scheduled Rennlist...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
Anyway, enough of this nonsense, let's get back to our regularly scheduled Rennlist...
I'll start:

Andreas
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Recently ran into 3 shysters from the Land Down Under...man, these 3 guys over 6 months have ZERO decency (by that I mean hopefully just the customers, not most, at least I'd hope so)

Seriously, how do they live with themselves?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Recently ran into 3 shysters from the Land Down Under...man, these 3 guys over 6 months have ZERO decency (by that I mean hopefully just the customers, not most, at least I'd hope so)

Seriously, how do they live with themselves?
Those bloddy Australians..... But what do you expect, they are all related to criminals.......

(I can say that as I AM Australian )
Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
like a Buyer/Seller feedback forum --> http://www.mbworld.org/forums/buyer-...back-forum-95/
Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Looks as though the MB thread sees plenty of activity too. I don't think the RL version would see quite so much traffic but it would be ideal to out the bad apples who do frequent The List.
Although I think a feedback forum is great (and works well on a larger site like MBWorld with all sorts of member types), I hope that we don't ever have to have something like that here on RL. Because it means all the trust that's here is going away. Let's not let one rotten apple destroy that. And that rotten apple is out in the trash bin now anyway.

On a brighter note, I purchased a CDR-210 from Bill (993BillW) a while back. He never waited until payment, he sent it right away. I sent a personal check. It was a perfect transaction.

As it happened we were moving about that time and I never got around to installing it. It just sat in the shipping box. A few months later I installed it but couldn't get it working. Bill simply said send it back if you can't get it going. I sent it back, he sent a check. He knew he wasn't selling bad goods and I knew he wasn't selling bad goods. The unit just decided not to work, nobody's fault. And neither of us were concerned about payment, etc..

That's what trust is all about.

And that's the way it should be.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember once a few months back talking to him (Porsche Fan) about a car he had for sale and might be interested in a bike trade. This was on the phone and I remember when talking to him it felt like I was in bizarro land. He had some sort of audio store and he was also a licensed car dealer. For whatever reason he came clean to me that he was a dealer but was not excited about forum peeps knowing that.

After I hung up the phone I knew I that was a place I'd never go. Can't even put my finger on exactly why, it just felt wrong.

Quick Reply: SOLD: Genuine Porsche Black Leather Sport Seats.