SHOW ME YOUR SEATS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
what is the difference between the pole position and the RS oem seat and the speedster seat?
Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
The lower cushion is supported by webbing.
^^ Commonly coined the "trampoline"
From Pelican Parts Forum's "Euro 993 RS seats like speedster Clubsport NEW" thread:
Originally Posted by myfisch

Only the Speedster and 993 RS have the trampolin. 964RS row have no trampolin.
PPF's "Euro 993 RS seats like speedster Clubsport NEW" thread:
Originally Posted by myfisch
Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

RLer LA964RS' "Rare RS/Speedster Seat FS" thread:
Originally Posted by LA964RS

I can say w/the trampoline webbing this is by far the most comfortable sport seat around...its slightly wider than a pole position so your nuts don't suffer on long rides.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:27 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From LA964RS' "Looking for RS/Speedster Seats" thread:
Originally Posted by Cupcar
Although they appear the same, the Speedster and the RS seat are NOT identical; the RS seat is prepped for a 6 point harness' crotch belt to pass to the floor.

Note the red circled parts of the two seats below. The Speedster has a rubber trampoline like piece that the main seat pad goes over. This trampoline cannot be cut to pass a harness through. The RS seat on the other hand has a foam pad under the main seat pad which has a hole cut in it to pass the crotch belt. This pad can be installed in a Speedster seat and the bucket can be cut to accomplish installation of a crotch belt.

Also note that the SPG Recaro is about an inch narrower at the hip than the Speedster or RS seat and the Pole position is about an inch wider at the hip than the Speedster or RS seat.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:32 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Visual aid of the RS pad from the above diagram, on Pelican Part Forum's "F/S : RARE PORSCHE (euro) 1992 Carrera RS leather buckets" thread:
Originally Posted by Finnbar McKenna

There is no suspension system on the RS seat.. there is a very thin ( 1" thick )velcroed in cushion that can be left in or removed, but nothing that looks like a suspension. That must be the difference in the two seats.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Related RS seat photo, from Pelican Parts Forum's "WTS: 964 Speedster (or RS?) Seats" thread:
Originally Posted by group911@aol.co

They are RS seats.

Speedster seats had a sping suspension sytem in the bottoms and didn't have the fifth belt hole.
Originally Posted by Avery

When I bought these from Bruce Anderson, he told me they were 964 Speedster seats.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:49 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what is the difference between the pole position and the RS oem seat and the speedster seat?
Rob-- Price. IIRC, new leather Pole Positions vary depending on options, but start @ ~$1,000 each. Vinyl ~$830/per here (no affiliation). YMMV.
IMHO, used OEM Speedstser & RS seats start up to twice that each, depending upon condition, & go up to $8,500, for the set FS & mentioned on this thread's first page.
More pix there. No affiliation.
Originally Posted by curve lover
RLer PorscheFan's RS seats FS on "Recaro Speedster style seats" thread: $8,500 + shipping. 858/454-9898 (9am-9pm PST). No affiliation.
That's on the 'Member to Member Classifieds' forum, so if I'm violating the intent or should remove any of this content, just let me know.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Canny 993 owners, like the gent with the piped cashmere, know to keep an eye in the 968 forums to see if sport seats are for sale, as they are identical.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ Damian-- Good tip!

Last post (for now) regarding OEM RS & Speedster seats compared to Pole Positions, etc., from an admitted OEM Speedster & RS seats addict.
[I've saved hyperlinks from webpages for years on these. I have enough photographs for their own thread.]
Weights, from the 964 Forum's "Bucket Seats - RS / Speedster" thread:
Originally Posted by Cupcar

The RS seat weighs in at 30.5 pounds each including the mounting hardware.

Normal C2 seats weigh in at 52.5 pounds each, I think the RSA seats, being a sports seat are slightly heavier. So saving in the 22 to 25 pound per seat range, figure 50 pounds for the car.

The Recaro Pole, RS/Speedster and Recaro SPG are different in width by about an inch between each seat the Pole wider than RS which is wider than the SPG.
Related & recent photo taken at ANDIAL, on the 'Cobra Misanos or "Speedsters"' thread:
Originally Posted by 993C4RS

I have a chance to get original Recaro "speedster" seats,
I've always wanted them.

Anyone know appox. weight of the Recaros?

Peter weighed one of them for me -- 20 pounds without the sliders

Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

What I want: RS or Pole Positions recovered in midnight blue leather with navy blue (lower cushion) and white (upper cushion) leather as the accent colours.
Gettin' there....
Hmmmmm.
Originally Posted by BJJones

Old 07-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

^^ Damian-- Good tip!

Last post (for now) regarding OEM RS & Speedster seats compared to Pole Positions, etc., from an admitted OEM Speedster & RS seats addict.
[I've saved hyperlinks from webpages for years on these. I have enough photographs for their own thread.]Weights, from the 964 Forum's "Bucket Seats - RS / Speedster" thread:Related & recent photo taken at ANDIAL, on the 'Cobra Misanos or "Speedsters"' thread:
And for those in Europe the 968 Clubsport had hardshell Recaro's, but I don't know which variant they were.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:07 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
And for those in Europe the 968 Clubsport had hardshell Recaro's, but I don't know which variant they were.
... another good tip! From the 924/931/944/951/968 Forum:
Originally Posted by tifosiman
Here's another one, from another angle, of a real CS.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

... another good tip! From the 924/931/944/951/968 Forum:
Note, though, that only the 94.5 and 95 968's had the 993 identical seats; earlier 968's had seats that were similar to 964's, with straight stitching rather than curved stitching.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted this post because somebody got all hurty-feelers over it. Sheesh. If you think that was bad, you should see me on a bad day.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Canny 993 owners, like the gent with the piped cashmere, know to keep an eye in the 968 forums to see if sport seats are for sale, as they are identical.
Mine are way nicer than that, but I'm too damn lazy to go out to the garage and prove it. With my back troubles, there's no WAY I would ever sell my sport seats. Dayum those babies were MADE for me! So were those cup wheels, but that's a whole other story.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

As a mod, I can view posts deleted by either the user or another mod or admin. Shame on you, Rich. Your words are very unbecoming. I hope that booze was worth your vacation. And my '*****' happens to be the love of my life, next to my HUSBAND. Yeah, you were spewing filth to a FEMALE that actually owns a beloved 993. Your threats are useless (that PM you sent). In fact, it was amusing. I will not insult you publicly, but be warned; mod or not, when you insult me in a PM, you're gonna get it right back.

Okay . . . back to these beautiful seats! I suppose after all this drama I should take a pic of mine. Later, though. I'm enjoying the free fireworks show on our patio. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!

Quick Reply: SHOW ME YOUR SEATS!!!!!!