Sponsored by:

Looking for RS/Speedster Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:43 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for RS/Speedster Seats

Looking for a pair of RS or Speedster seats.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Looky here they aint gonna be cheap.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:57 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also want the seats but can't afford to spend over 3K on them. I am considering the Recaro Pole position in leather. They might not have the 3 tone leather but its close enough for me.

Good luck!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Yes, I saw those...they did not come with the seat belt buckles which are unique to these seats...so not a "complete" seat. Another pair sold the week before in the $2.5k range, but very wrong color.

Then there is the guy smoking massive amounts of crack who wants $5k for a marine blue set...price is absurd and wouldn't want to do a color change on seats....

Yes, CWay...I too may end up just buying regular cloth PPs and having them recovered....

Thanks....
Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Recaro has a "new" seat out which looks exactly like the RS seats the Pole Position ABE(?)

The professional racing shell with ABE.

The RECARO Pole Position with ABE – pure sport. The distinct shell shape and a choice of covers make your car into a luxury class ”race vehicle”. This racing shell features the special ABE (general operating permission) for specified vehicles. Additional vehicles soon to be released.

ok well not exactly like them but you can order them in leather or have them redone to match your interior
Old 05-05-2006, 09:39 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
Recaro has a "new" seat out which looks exactly like the RS seats the Pole Position ABE(?)

The professional racing shell with ABE.

The RECARO Pole Position with ABE – pure sport. The distinct shell shape and a choice of covers make your car into a luxury class ”race vehicle”. This racing shell features the special ABE (general operating permission) for specified vehicles. Additional vehicles soon to be released.

ok well not exactly like them but you can order them in leather or have them redone to match your interior
Sorry to be ignorant but could you explain to me what is ABE??

Thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Tha'd be cool...especially if you could get them to NOT put a giant "RECARO" on the head rest.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

i did see all black ones at a local shop - no lettering
ABE = i have no idea - they also were listed as Pool positions on the web site which is a translation error, Recaro has a new look to their site
Old 05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

A.B.E. means Allgemeine Betriebs - Erlaubnis.
It's a certification process similar to the German TUV but to a higher standard. Really only a considerastion for European cars that have to meet TUV/ABE certification for any modifications
Old 05-06-2006, 11:56 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rotorheadcase
A.B.E. means Allgemeine Betriebs - Erlaubnis.
It's a certification process similar to the German TUV but to a higher standard. Really only a considerastion for European cars that have to meet TUV/ABE certification for any modifications
Thanks for the clarification..... I think!!
Old 05-06-2006, 02:07 PM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LA964RS
Yes, I saw those...they did not come with the seat belt buckles which are unique to these seats...so not a "complete" seat. Another pair sold the week before in the $2.5k range, but very wrong color.

Then there is the guy smoking massive amounts of crack who wants $5k for a marine blue set...price is absurd and wouldn't want to do a color change on seats....

Yes, CWay...I too may end up just buying regular cloth PPs and having them recovered....

Thanks....
First: Hello to the board!

Sorry, but the retail price from the originale Porsche Recaros from the 964 RS and Speedster was near 6.500,00 USD for the pair!

If someone sell a near new pair, then 5K is absolut ok!

Ok, much money but show me another "new" pair of Originals!!!
This is a very rare piece!!!

Here in Germany the cheapes re-builds cost near 2.500,00 - 3.000,00 Euro a pair!

Greetings Christian
Old 05-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Although they appear the same, the Speedster and the RS seat are NOT identical; the RS seat is prepped for a 6 point harness' crotch belt to pass to the floor.

Note the red circled parts of the two seats below. The Speedster has a rubber trampoline like piece that the main seat pad goes over. This trampoline cannot be cut to pass a harness through. The RS seat on the other hand has a foam pad under the main seat pad which has a hole cut in it to pass the crotch belt. This pad can be installed in a Speedster seat and the bucket can be cut to accomplish installation of a crotch belt.

Also note that the SPG Recaro is about an inch narrower at the hip than the Speedster or RS seat and the Pole position is about an inch wider at the hip than the Speedster or RS seat.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:09 PM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Although they appear the same, the Speedster and the RS seat are NOT identical; the RS seat is prepped for a 6 point harness' crotch belt to pass to the floor.

The Speedster has a rubber trampoline like piece that the main seat pad goes over. This trampoline cannot be cut to pass a harness through. The RS seat on the other hand has a foam pad under the main seat pad which has a hole cut in it to pass the crotch belt. This pad can be installed in a Speedster seat and the bucket can be cut to accomplish installation of a crotch belt.
Only the firs seats from the 964 RS have the foam pad!!!
Later modells have the same version like the Speedster and the 993 RS Seat is also 100% the same like the Speedster seat!

Greetings Christian
Old 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

You are right, the only leather version was for the 964 RS but the 993 RS came with the pad if the seat is in Corduroy fabric- probably for the Clubsport version.

Fortunately, the pad is easily installed and the seat bottom easily cut for the harness fro those who want this.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

http://www.schatzmotorsport.com/Merc...egory_Code=356

Quick Reply: Looking for RS/Speedster Seats