Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks jack. Means something coming from a guy with a very nicely and tastefully modified 993 such as yours. 1000 posts. Congrats!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:54 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hats off to you Macca! You really have the passion. Your car is fantastic!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Your car is getting better and better!

Glad I sold mine because I can't keep up with you anymore
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks 993RS. You got me beat with your previous 993RS creation (yip Ive been around that long!). That was a truely epic project. You know how consuming this can be. Its starting to eat me up so I have to finish soon so I can sit, relax and enjoy it (and let the wallet recover!).

Delanobe. Congrats on the new ride. I came very close to acquiring a 997.1 GT3 in white myself this week. I think it was a moment of fustration with the 993 project (more on that later) that drove me to add another to the fleet. But the sales guys a mate and said I need the 3.8l. That killed it. Much more expensive! Oh well. Im keeping teh spitit of your old 993 alive and trying to pump it with steriods...

Cheers all

M
Old 05-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

PS. Ill have some professional studio pictures taken in Novemeber which will hopefully show some of the features up to better affect. Lighting is a big aspect of this....
Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 AM
993RS
Race Car

Your thread is great Macca, for anyone looking for ideas for the slippery slope.

I always preferred customizing a car, as opposed to always going for "the latest model".

I just put in some FVD aluminum pedals. Need to go through your thread from the very beginning for some ideas...

BTW, I had the turbo S ducts in, but took them out again because I wanted the strong fog lights. Did you find stronger lights for yours?

How difficult were the carbon dashboard and door installs? Where did you get them? Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Phil,

You and I alike. I love customising most things I own or are passionate about to effectively create something unique. The world is too ubiquitous. Millions of people walking around with the same phone, using the same social networking sites, wearing the same latest fads!

I also had the turbo S ducts. I kiked them but not the fact I lost the fog/driving lights which are useful on misty early winter mornings. I updated the small 5w lamps for brighter LED. But they didnt make light you could drive by.

I upgraded them with the Techart fog/duct compbo. It has a true 35W projector lamp like the factory driveing light. When I installed them I threw in a 5000K digital HID kit. It makes great light, better than factory and same colour temp as my HID low beams. It was a hefty expense. The Parts were from Gert and not too bad. But the labour and modifications needed especially plymbing it into the front guards properly was expensive/time consuming....

The carbon pieces are from Marcus in Germany. They are the same as factory. Beautiful pieces. Ultra thin and can be stuck onto the dash using double sided thin tape. My mechanic installed teh full dash kit including dial surround (the nicest single part) in a round 4 hrs all up....

Best of luck with your ride. Its a wonderful car. Love to visit you some time up there :-)

M
Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 AM
993RS
Race Car

Thanks for the information. Too bad we are at opposite ends of the world. Would be great to get our two cars together...

It is great customizing one's car: when you think you have done everything possible, you get yet another insipiration....
Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Phil,

You are right its a shame we cannot play together.

However Im hoping to run out for further inspiration for a while once I finish up this 993 in Nov. I need a break! My wallte does too LOL!

Cheers
M
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM
marcb993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Macca, beautiful car.. really like what you have done with it.. btw, where did you source your automatic (one touch) window lifters from ?

Also, re 997 GT3 v1 and v2, make sure you try both and then decide for yourself.. I am based in the UK (i.e. UK roads) and have owned both these cars as daily drivers.. the v1 is probably the best car i have ever owned in terms of well everything.. compared to the v2, while quicker and better looking, was not as sweet to drive as the v1 in terms every day driving on the road / overall ownership experience.

Anyway, I didnt want to go off topic and only mentioned it since you brought it up. Besides, as with many things in life no doubt for others the exact opposite will be true, or maybe you want it more for track than for road, etc.. but just thought I'd mention it in case you do decide go down that route...

The main reason for my post was to find out how i can get hold of some automatic window lifters..

Marc
Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 PM
porsita
Rennlist Member

Great work but there are no outlaw 993s in my book especially when modified with queues from the family tree for that unique look
Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Marcb993. Thanks so much for your insight regards 997 GT3s. Im very interested in learning more as I will be soon to make such an acquisition and our roads are also not perfect here! Furthermore the 997.1 represents very good value here at the moment.

Porsita. Perhaps you are right - everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. I think I have seen 356 outlaws with similar lines of changes (bumper, wheels, stance, interiors, light and ducts, colour combos and insignias). Not al outlaws involved metalwork modifications.

The 993 "anniversary" will be photographed in a professional studio in November and I will then start a new and final thread before the car is shown at the 2012 International Porsche parade. The final specification on the new computer is 308 RWPS with 270lbft RWTQ the same as the 1994 3.8 factory cup cars. There are over 100 group component changes and 250 individual component changes. There are some great new interior and exterior details which I will leave for another time, some custom fabricated just for this car. I have also just fitted PSS10 and had this tuned to work well with the RS sways and new Motorsport LSD. the Car is also fractionally lighter at 1320kg half tank final wet weight with spare and tools on board. Here are a few snaps taken during the final road testing phase but I will put together a final and proper thread in late November. The car performs, sounds and handles incredibly and is better in all those three dimensions (and additionally comfort and conveniences) than my factory 1996 993RS Comfort spec.

Enjoy.
Attached Images        

Last edited by Macca; 09-14-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 AM
trevor townsend
Instructor

You've made a great looker even better. Inspires me to start a gradual improvement particularly lowering a bit more. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the Rugby world Cup. NZ needs a break after the Christchurch disaster.
Cheers
TT
Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Trevor. You arent wrong on the RWC!

Appreciate the compliments. A full professional detail, some small finishing touches and a professional lens man and it should hopefully come together well.

The stance can make a big difference I agree. For a often used road car you can get teh car looking like mine earlier in this thread using Bilstein HD with Mo3o springs for very reasonable cost with little compromise...

Cheers
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Thanks for the advice re lowering. I'll try and source the Mo30 springs. I fitted Bilsteins last year. Not HD tho. Would the springs alone make a diff? Also would like to source the nylon shifter replacement. Any suggestions?
Best
TT

Quick Reply: Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!