993 Forum 1995-1998

Early Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
It's my speed yellow 968 cab with the sport seats in the photo. FYI, I treated the seats before putting the car to bed for winter, they're a bit dry in the picture.
After stealing your photo, I'd be the last person to suggest your seats were "dry"
Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now the 993 guys are going to be calling the dismantlers looking for wrecked 968s with sport seats!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I think mine were out of a 968.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Got the emails and PMs. Uh............pretty overwhelming to hear from no less than SIX of you guys! Plus another guy I should give a fair shot who I chatted with about them on those phantom 997 GT3 seats the friend's friend had. Or didn't have. Still not sure about THAT deal.

So what I'm going to do is just keep everyone's inquiries in order, but do a blanket reply here.

They're blue. MY 1995 blue. I have no idea what that means in Porschespeak. I'll bring the good camera to the shop tomorrow and post some pictures. They came out of a 120K car, but absent some driver's side outer bolster wear are in surprisingly good shape. I guess you call them 4-way power (tilt, F and R), manual fore-aft, manual recline. They're heavy; that's not news. They're NOT appropriate seats to use on a track car, e.g. you're not using anything other than the factory 3 points.

Now what everyone wants to know--price. Well, not $1.99 and not junkyard retail. Honestly, give me some guidance. (PM or email is fine, this isn't going to be a bidding war.) Everyone has to take into account for their own purposes the color and shipping costs. I would STRONGLY PREFER that the buyer sees them in person. Or calls for a Rennfax-for-seats. Loathe to have an unhappy buyer, to the point I'll just keep them around.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

OK, so the range of "guidance" on the pricing taking into consideration the color and shipping ranges from $250-600. Just gotta keep them around in case I pick up another 964/993 sometime.

I went looking for the RSA seats and can't find them! I might have sold them, I'll follow up with the one person who inquired on those with definite price.

Close my hijack of this thread now.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by race911
OK, so the range of "guidance" on the pricing taking into consideration the color and shipping ranges from $250-600. Just gotta keep them around in case I pick up another 964/993 sometime.
I'm not sure I understand. Was this an auction? Did I miss something here? Why not just say what you want for them?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:00 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Ken, when you find the all-manual RSA seats, can you confirm that he manual bases are *not* from a sport seat, but rather from a std non electric seat?
I have always suspected that the factory used this std non-sport base with a manual back to create all manual sport seats.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

George, RSA seats are 4-way power.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Cr*p, my bad, I got confused with the 911Clubsport seats.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:01 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
I'm not sure I understand. Was this an auction? Did I miss something here? Why not just say what you want for them?
No, it wasn't an auction. It was a very spur-of-the-moment comment on reading the thread. I never expected six inquiries within and hour. I know these aren't $1K seats. But it's like when I threw the C4S out there as-is when my wife suggested a later model cab for a street cruiser. Someone oh-so-witty says I'd be lucky to get $22K.

So I ask for guidance on a price, a couple who inquired got back with $4-500, two others throwing a price out there were, as mentioned, $250-$600. Fair enough.
But ultimately, it's a customer satisfaction issue. Even if I blow them out for $400, I'm still not unconvinced that I wouldn't hear back about something deficient. And these things don't come in a little box.............
Old 02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
titleist1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a like new set and love them, best sport seat by far.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

In my opinion, thes soft backed sport seats should be worth more than 600$ a pair, esp if they have the heating option. People seem to agree they are the best sport seats (for non-track pirposes), and they are rare enough (with the 993 stitching pattern at least).
Old 02-16-2010, 04:08 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Just for the record I offered Ken more than $600 but he decided he didn't want to sell the seats after all...

They aren't heated BTW.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems to be a little confusion on this thread, as well.

These are RSA seats (I know Ilko knows this):

http://www.rsamerica.net/OEMinfo/RSA...eats/index.htm

I doubt there we any RSA seats that were heated.

Leather sport seats are the same, but... um, leather.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by race911
No, it wasn't an auction. It was a very spur-of-the-moment comment on reading the thread. I never expected six inquiries within and hour.
So I ask for guidance on a price, a couple who inquired got back with $4-500, two others throwing a price out there were, as mentioned, $250-$600. Fair enough.
But ultimately, it's a customer satisfaction issue. Even if I blow them out for $400, I'm still not unconvinced that I wouldn't hear back about something deficient. And these things don't come in a little box.............
O.k., so when I made my solicited offer, which I think we both understood is price-negotiable, I said I would buy them "as is/where is" based on pictures and physically pick them up, no shipping or boxes required, and I meant every word. If you want me to sign a 'no return' contract, I can do that. I was expecting at least a counter offer. Are the seats still for sale or is the situation, as I guess you told ilko, that you have changed your mind and don't want to sell them?

Originally Posted by ilko
Just for the record I offered Ken more than $600 but he decided he didn't want to sell the seats after all...
Thanks ilko, I guess that answers my question above ???

They aren't heated BTW.
You're talking about the blue seats here, right?

Originally Posted by bart1
Seems to be a little confusion on this thread, as well.
I doubt there we any RSA seats that were heated.
Leather sport seats are the same, but... um, leather.
And the leather sports seats could be ordered with heat. I had heated sports seats in my '87 cab and this picture posted earlier in this thread just shows the top of the seat heater toggle switch on the side control panel which is the same as my '87 seats which continues to lead me to believe that earlier seats are the same seats with updated 993 covers:

Quick Reply: Early Sport Seats