993 Forum 1995-1998

"Newbie Post"

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 PM
V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barty964rst
Viggo,

I have two UK RS models and one German RS - none have the rear support shown and discussed but the hydraulic ones that all other Porsches have.
Also the support for the bonnet is mounted on the left hand side (as you sit in the car) of the bonnet.
So did the rest of the world RS's have different supports to Europe????

BTW - I love the black S very very nice and some great mods!! keep up the good work.
Barty, thanks for the kind words. I have some stuff planned for my "Black Pearl" .

Is that your RS in your avatar? If yes, I read the great writeup in Total911 a few years back. WOW, what nice cars! You've got great taste my friend!

I think all RS:s have the front hood prop support and then the regular gas hydraulic ones in the rear.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Shepherd
2nd Gear

Been lurking for a long time myself. Beautiful 993.

I really like the RS wing. Yours is the only one I've seen on a widebody. Do you have any pics from the rear quarter angle and from directly behind? Is this sacrilege? If it is, more power to you.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
carbuff
7th Gear

Dear 993 great car love those wheels not seen such type on 993's. Why are the wipers resting on the other side (RHD setup)? Are the internal mechanisms/linkages/arms reversable?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 AM
993C4RS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbuff
Dear 993 great car love those wheels not seen such type on 993's. Why are the wipers resting on the other side (RHD setup)? Are the internal mechanisms/linkages/arms reversable?
The passenger side "parked" wipers.. good eye!
I heard about this mod on rennlist a while ago, I believe the DIY came from P-car..
There's a cool factor because the wipers are no longer in your line of vision...
You can look directly down the hood..

I just did it for the hell of it..
You don't add or remove anything, you just have to unbolt and move the linkage...
Its a little difficult because you're kinda doin it blind..
Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Barty, thanks for the kind words. I have some stuff planned for my "Black Pearl" .

Is that your RS in your avatar? If yes, I read the great writeup in Total911 a few years back. WOW, what nice cars! You've got great taste my friend!

I think all RS:s have the front hood prop support and then the regular gas hydraulic ones in the rear.
Hi Viggo,

Tis my car in the avatar, the car has been in 911 PW, GT Porsche, Total 911 & EVO Special publications. So it is a well 'published porker' and known across the 993 RS circles over here. Most articles are attributed to the previous owner who had the car over 10 years.

Barty
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i can say is wow!

Quick Reply: "Newbie Post"