Sponsored by:

Well, where do I start...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
TX Silver
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations Chris!!!

The wife and I were told that having one the old fashioned way wasn't going to work for us as well. We went through two rounds of IVF with no success and a severely dented savings as well.

We ended up getting pregnant shortly after we figured it wasn't in the cards for us.

Got a healthy 18 month-old boy sleeping in the other room as I type this, who I will someday have to tell we spent his college fund before he got here.

I probably don't love him any more than a normal parent loves their child, but he is a special little miracle to me.

Again, congrats and enjoy the ride...

Frank

P.S. My friends get a kick out of seeing the car seat in the back of the car.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Now you'll probably follow this up with lots of babies in the future, now that the pressure is off. Seems to happen a lot with people who try for a long time and end up adopting. 7-months is almost the home stretch.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 431 Posts

Magnificent news Chris. Congratulations!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, awesome, congratulations! This kid will have a cool career day with dad eh?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome news Chris, good for you both!! So.... what's his first car gonna be?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats! What an accomplishment. I have had several friends in that boat, one currently. My youngest daughter also has Endo, and is devestated. The medication she is on pretty much precludes having children, but she was told she can stop it, then there is a small window where she can try before going back on the medication.

So, knowing that makes me even happier for you, knowing how hard it is. It truly is "a miracle!"
Old 03-25-2009, 12:47 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes us feel how lucky both of us were to have no issues with my wife's pregnancy. Now we have two grandchildren! Congratulations to both of you!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome Chris! Congratulations to both you and Pamela! You both must be in heaven right now.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic story - congratulations!

I think you should have asked for a PPI first and avoided all these problems. J/K - best wishes to you and your bride!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Chris. Congrats. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that was for you and your wife; but I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. Heed this advise, They get pregnant REALLY REALLY easy after their first.... and not just more than once, or twice; ask me how I know

Yes recaro makes some cool car seats. The infant ones will shoehorn in the back. But the tottler ones are even cooler, they'll even fit in a Recaro PP
Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 AM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations. Your life will never be the same. Time to sell the Porsche and start a college fund! I know, I've got two in college (out of state tuition ouch!) and one still in High school. Thank god the Porsche has a back seat!

God Bless.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,748 Likes on 2,354 Posts

congrats,
and recaro does make baby seats
Old 03-25-2009, 02:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,748 Likes on 2,354 Posts

here is pix

Last edited by mooty; 05-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, I have not read Rennlist for quite a while, and I just came on today and yours was the first post I read. I always read your posts. Wow. Now that is a miracle in the true sense. Not much I can add but I still want to say "Congratulations!!!" to you both and my very best wishes for you all. It is also good to see that you have been dealt a break and are expecting a boy. Before we had our Little Bundle of Joy I was told how much easier girls are. Wrong. They have 70% of the energy of boys and are 3 times as smart and they use that to make themselves the ultimate challenge. I have met my match and am more than seriously challenged by our daughter and she is only about to turn 5. I console myself in dreaming that she is undergoing early adolesnce. If this is not so and it does get a lot worse I think it will be me running away from home! Seriously, they are the ultimate computer game being challenging and unpredictable. And they can give you moments of simple joy like nothing you have yet experienced.

With my very best to you all,
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TargaTango
Chris, I have not read Rennlist for quite a while, and I just came on today and yours was the first post I read. I always read your posts. Wow. Not much I can add but I still want to say "Congratulations!!!" to you both and my very best wishes for you all. It is also good to see that you have been dealt a break and are expecting a boy. Before we had our Little Bundle of Joy I was told how much easier girls are. Wrong. They have 70% of the energy of boys and are 3 times as smart and they use that to make themselves the ultimate challenge. I have met my match and am more than seriously challenged by our daughter and she is only about to turn 5. I console myself in dreaming that she is undergoing early adolesnce. If this is not so and it does get a lot worse I think it will be me running away from home! Seriously, they are the ultimate computer game being challenging and unpredictable. And they can give you moments of simple joy like nothing you have yet experienced.

With my very best to you all,
Truly amazing all of the PM's and emails I have received today, simply outstanding folks here!!

I know what you mean by girls are a handful as well. We have a very smart and sly 5 yr old niece, she is wonderful, but very smart. LOL --

Truth be told because of watching our niece grow up, we both were kinda hoping for a girl, but I think all guys wish for boys. In the end, and this may sound like a cliche', either gender is grand as long as this child is healthy and normal. And by normal I gather being much more normal that Daddy

Pam and I are both excited, but very scared at the same time! In June we'll be responsible for a human being!!

Good thing we are signed up for two child care classes, I'll need to take notes.

Over the weekend we registered at Baby's R Us. Snap-On didnt have such a program

Quick Reply: Well, where do I start...