Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Well, where do I start...

Warning; this isnt so much about Porsche's per se, but since you folks are closest to me, in an on-line sort of way, I thought I would share some news with you folks.

Circa 2002, my lovely wife and I started with preparations to have children. After a year or so of 'trying', we sought help. My wife is one with endometriosis, essentially a webbing that grows and connects her organs together, making it painful for her every month. Also it makes pregnancy very difficult. Catch is, we are told the only cure for it is to get pregnant. A catch 22, dont ya think?

Throughout my wife's adult life, every four years or so she endures laparoscopic abdominal surgery to clean out the webs, so to speak. Poor girl. Each time we hoped this would allow us to conceive. No luck to speak of from this.

Then came fertility drugs and treatments, no luck. Each time we were a year older and frequently reminded by doctors that our odd's are not in our favor

We both agreed to see an IVF doctor. Plunked down $25K for one round of IVF. Two eggies were found to be viable and implanted. No luck. This was devastating as it used up a lot of our savings and virtually all of our hope.

Another surgery came and went, no luck. Several 6 month cycles of leprodupron (not sure of the correct spelling), a drug that put her in temporary menopause. Each time with the hope that this would help restart her egg production. No luck

So, as time went on we both finally accepted the fact that we will not have children, just each other to enjoy, travel, see the world and buy sports cars

And if your still with me here, (sorry) ...... Fast forward to today, wifey is 7 months pregnant with a boy

Going back to early October, Pam started to not feel so well. Back pains, cramps, nausea, womanly pains. We thought, uh oh, its time once again for yet another surgery. She went to the Doctor, they ran blood and urine panels and said, you were pregnant but have miscarried. An ultrasound confirmed there isnt anything growing. More tough times but I said, keep your chin up, there is something working now.

A few days went by and she still wasnt feeling well so she went to ER at the Hospital where she works. They ran more blood and uring panels and said, guess what, your HGC levels are through the roof, you're pregnant!! She said, nope, not true because of what we were told a few days prior. So, the doctor ran more tests since he thought she was indeed still pregnant. Did an ultrasound and found this little guy just starting out!! This is where I got the news and just about fainted! I couldnt believe it, we both were stunned.

The problem was we didnt know how long it would last given our history, so needless to say we just prayed and hoped for the best. We only told a few family members as we didnt want to get too excited in fear of being let down once again. I am sure you folks understand having been through this on your own.

So, first trimester came and went, screenings were good. Second trimester screenings were good, amniocentesis test was a success and a week later we received good results back from that!! Awesome!

Here we are ( I have a hard time saying we since Pam is the one doing all of the work ), starting our seventh month and finally coming out of the closet about it.

Last week I felt him move for the first time. What an amazing feeling it was to finally feel him move. He is getting more and more active, even since last week.

So, my question is, does Recaro make child seats?
The following users liked this post:
GoPack01 (02-17-2023)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Here he is Jan 2007 -- is that his shifting hand I see?

Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris and Pam,

A huge congrats to you both on this fantastic news. I'm so very happy for you guys... what a blessing. Have you thoughts of some names? Best wishes to you both!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 AM
JStuart
Instructor

Thats fantastic! I can only imagine the excitement you both must feel. Best of outcomes and beg your OB to let you actually deliver him so that you are the first to hold him. I was able to deliver my daughter, and that memory is without a doubt the absolute best!!!

Jay

Last edited by JStuart; 03-24-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling...as usual
Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats dude! That's great news. You'll have to dig up all those old threads about kid seats in a 993 now.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Here he is Jan 2007 -- is that his shifting hand I see?
Congratulations Life will never be the same again

On closer inspection yes, and it's definately a boy, as its clearly a manual

Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats, Chris. Your boy will be very lucky to have a father such as you.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Many congratulations to you and your wife...while the stories of your trials were painful to read, I think that first few moments after you meet your son for the first time...all of that will fade...we just had our first one 5 weeks ago...it truly is a most special miracle.

Cheers!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Chris, knocking on wood and keeping fingers crossed - Congratulations to both of you! Very happy for you.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:44 AM
EEE
Intermediate

Congrats! A really warm story with true blessings!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM
got*ki
Racer

Congratulations on a new beginning and a new perspective on the world where door dings and oil drops don't really matter!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 AM
guards red
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris, that's truly brilliant. I've yet to make dad and it look increasingly unlikely now. Always wanted a little girl but I guess you don't always get what you want.

Really pleased for you, the best news any guy could ever have.

Regards
Tal
Old 03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris, such an amazing and heroic tale ( the heroic part is for wifey .... not you ) !!!
Best of luck in this journey, and as your wife successfully comes to term, I truly hope the endometriosis is terminated .... so the three of you can keep smiling every day.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 AM
samsnead
Pro

congratulations, best wishes to the expectant mother and child!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Luftd993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic news Chris. Hope everything goes well.
We all know that 993 owners make the best dads.

Quick Reply: Well, where do I start...