Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
gonna miss that christmas card
That pretty much says it all for me.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,841 Likes on 2,869 Posts

just got us all booked on dr. phil next week...let me know your schedules...
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

I thought this thread was originally started to showcase the fraudulent business practices of Alan Gunn?

Andreas
Old 04-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
I thought this thread was originally started to showcase the fraudulent business practices of Alan Gunn?

Andreas
Entertaining thread but also a world-class hijack.

<<< Thread hijacker extraordinaire (still at-large and getting larger).
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

OK I haven't seen this much drama in a while, and I spent four years on a soap opera!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Entertaining thread but also a world-class hijack.

<<< Thread hijacker extraordinaire (still at-large and getting larger).
You're not alone, I am guilty of it too
Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,841 Likes on 2,869 Posts

Quote: "OK I haven't seen this much drama in a while, and I spent four years on a soap opera!"

i need to get an agent
Old 05-01-2009, 12:16 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Quote: "OK I haven't seen this much drama in a while, and I spent four years on a soap opera!"

i need to get an agent
Call me, I wan't to be in the Groovzilla business.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Entourage rocks! Jeremy Piven's character is one of the best written on any show anywhere...
Discuss....
Old 05-01-2009, 02:01 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

How did we get here?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
How did we get here?
F.I.I.K.

Andreas
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
95993CAB
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheels, Alan Gun and eBay - WOW

My 993 Cabriolet must really not want a new wheel. I have found this to be beyond bizarre. Early last summer I “won” a bid on eBay for an amazing carbon fiber and black leather 3 spoke wheel from a 996. I paid via PayPal and was promptly ripped off. I filed a dispute and after a bit of gymnastics was told they could not help. So I cancelled my credit card payment and they become a very accommodating. (The protection and control of a good bank card should not go unappreciated)

Undaunted I purchased a worn 996 3 spoke unit from LA Dismantlers. They delivered as promised and as expected. Kudos to them – I’ve paid a bit much at times, but always got what I paid for in a timely fashion. So far so good until……..

I sent the wheel to the black hole (aka Alan Gunn Leather Accessories). I sent this in June of 2009 and the wheel is going to be finished up this week. When Alan? This week. Ok? Alan’s weeks are longer than mine. This has been a very long string of weeks. It is February 9th, 2010 and I finally told the guy I am done.

How liberating to have moved on losses and all. If not for the comical value of Alan’s inept business practices I’d actually be a bit angry. I tried to have PayPal help with a refund and they will not. I’ve been there before and will exercise the power of a good banking relationship. I am sure they will be able to help me once payment is cancelled again – unbelievable.

I do love the Carbon Fiber / Black Leather 3 spoke wheel. In fact, I have every possible CF interior accessory – except the wheel. I am going to simply pay full boat and just buy the thing new. If that does not pan out I will actually love the OEM piece because it was meant to be.

I do travel to Alan’s area on occasion – he’s not too far from Disneyland. Next time I am close I will make a personal visit. Has anyone had any luck having their original wheel returned? Just curious.

I do have a string of emails saved over the course of 7+ months. Every time I need a laugh I can read a few. I am amazed that a person could actually be that inept! I am surprised he can get up and get dressed. (I may be giving him too much credit).

Thanks guys – this thread was a good find and I needed to commiserate.

Mike 95993CAB
Old 02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95993CAB
My 993 Cabriolet must really not want a new wheel. I have found this to be beyond bizarre. Early last summer I “won” a bid on eBay for an amazing carbon fiber and black leather 3 spoke wheel from a 996. I paid via PayPal and was promptly ripped off. I filed a dispute and after a bit of gymnastics was told they could not help. So I cancelled my credit card payment and they become a very accommodating. (The protection and control of a good bank card should not go unappreciated)

Undaunted I purchased a worn 996 3 spoke unit from LA Dismantlers. They delivered as promised and as expected. Kudos to them – I’ve paid a bit much at times, but always got what I paid for in a timely fashion. So far so good until……..

I sent the wheel to the black hole (aka Alan Gunn Leather Accessories). I sent this in June of 2009 and the wheel is going to be finished up this week. When Alan? This week. Ok? Alan’s weeks are longer than mine. This has been a very long string of weeks. It is February 9th, 2010 and I finally told the guy I am done.

How liberating to have moved on losses and all. If not for the comical value of Alan’s inept business practices I’d actually be a bit angry. I tried to have PayPal help with a refund and they will not. I’ve been there before and will exercise the power of a good banking relationship. I am sure they will be able to help me once payment is cancelled again – unbelievable.

I do love the Carbon Fiber / Black Leather 3 spoke wheel. In fact, I have every possible CF interior accessory – except the wheel. I am going to simply pay full boat and just buy the thing new. If that does not pan out I will actually love the OEM piece because it was meant to be.

I do travel to Alan’s area on occasion – he’s not too far from Disneyland. Next time I am close I will make a personal visit. Has anyone had any luck having their original wheel returned? Just curious.

I do have a string of emails saved over the course of 7+ months. Every time I need a laugh I can read a few. I am amazed that a person could actually be that inept! I am surprised he can get up and get dressed. (I may be giving him too much credit).

Thanks guys – this thread was a good find and I needed to commiserate.

Mike 95993CAB
Well sir, you certainly have a good attitude... gotta laugh, right?

Sorry you found this guy.

If you do get it back, I can recommend Dallas Custom Steering Wheels.
He is quick and sends high res photos of the finished wheel before you pay him.

I used him for a few interior parts and he did great work at a very fair price.
There are other good ones out there too...

Quick Reply: Now I did it!