Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Now I did it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:59 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, I hate people like that. I'll make sure that he doesn't get any business from any rennlister if I can help it.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas
Hi Andreas,

Wow,..thats really disappointing, especially after his opening posts of contrition for past errors and his follow-up about an effort for a satisfactory resolution with you.

To date, I've never met a human being that hasn't made a mistake of some kind in their life, even people in business for themselves. I'd concur with Alan that oftentimes, it can be a genuine challenge to make everyone happy, however the most important aspect of such issues is HOW one deals with past errors and making sincere and serious efforts to make amends and retain your customer base.

Being an imperfect soul, I am always willing to give someone a second chance when one confesses and admits to their mistakes. IMHO, Mr. Gunn clearly should have called you on the telephone and asked what he could do for you to make amends well before it got to this point.

On a personal level, the only thing that distresses me is how quickly others "pile on" when they have not had a personal experience of their own. While these kinds of media makes it possible to inform the buying public of unscrupulous people, its the anonymous contributions that troubles me most. Clearly this does NOT apply to you, but one can say almost anything without repercussions on such forums.

I sincerely hope you find some resolution or satisfaction here as such vendor behaviour affects all of us who endeavor to serve the Porsche community in one form or another.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Hi Andreas,

Wow,..thats really disappointing, especially after his opening posts of contrition for past errors and his follow-up about an effort for a satisfactory resolution with you.

To date, I've never met a human being that hasn't made a mistake of some kind in their life, even people in business for themselves. I'd concur with Alan that oftentimes, it can be a genuine challenge to make everyone happy, however the most important aspect of such issues is HOW one deals with past errors and making sincere and serious efforts to make amends and retain your customer base.

Being an imperfect soul, I am always willing to give someone a second chance when one confesses and admits to their mistakes. IMHO, Mr. Gunn clearly should have called you on the telephone and asked what he could do for you to make amends well before it got to this point.

On a personal level, the only thing that distresses me is how quickly others "pile on" when they have not had a personal experience of their own. While these kinds of media makes it possible to inform the buying public of unscrupulous people, its the anonymous contributions that troubles me most. Clearly this does NOT apply to you, but one can say almost anything without repercussions on such forums.

I sincerely hope you find some resolution or satisfaction here as such vendor behaviour affects all of us who endeavor to serve the Porsche community in one form or another.
Steve,
Well said. Unfortunately, nothing will come of it with Dr. Gunn. He is who he is, and has clearly demonstrated the very same behavior on a Lotus forum, as well as on Pelican.

I'm just glad that my rantings about him may have saved others from a similar fate.

Andreas
Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

My issue with Alan is that he simply lies. There is no other name for it. He lies. Consistently.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Steve, that we all make errors. Moreover, each of us has a way of dealing with unsatisfied people around us (customers in this case). Lying is not one of those ways in my opinion. And even if we didn't know Andreas from Adam and all the "piling on" was unsubstantiated, he very clearly lied by promising Andreas a new wheel with absolutely no intention to deliver. Something that he does constantly and consistently. So, "fool me once...".

Last edited by nile13; 04-29-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435

I'm just glad that my rantings about him may have saved others from a similar fate.

Andreas
You most definately have. I just read all the threads on this. It is what it is, sorry you had to go through this. I think each and everyone of us has had at least one costy Porsche "learning experiance". I for one had mine. I will be following this to see if Alan follows up, although I seriously doubt he will ever.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:56 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 424 Posts

Sadly, businesses who behave AGLA exist everywhere in every type of business and their "owners" take advantage of people routinely. Even more sadly is theyget away with it over and over again. My business is no exception (Wealth/Investment management) where there are tons of regulations to help prevent these abuses and it still occurs quite often on a fairly grand scale. My personal philosphy is to do a lot of qualitative due dilligence and trust the hair on the back of your neck-o-meter and only do business through referrals or when you can visit their place of business. AGLA relies on advertising in reputable publications to create the illusion of a reputation simply because they ride on the mediums they sponsor/advertise on "coattails". Granted when you spend only a few bucks on something the risk in doing comprehensive due dilligence is small. However, if you reply on someone to repair a fairly expensive or difficult to replace item that dilligence is compulsory.

My eight P's of due dilligence are as follows 9some quantitative but mostly qualitative):

- People
- Philosophy
- Product
- Plan
- Place
- Process
- Progress
- Price
- Performance

Failure in any of the above measures warrants further investigation and if it cannot be attributed/explained or resolved I don't do business with them. The great thing about Rennlist is that we have "foot soldiers" doing that due dilligence for us. Sadly, Andreas and a few others "picked up the tab".
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Wow. I'm still reeling from the fact that Steve Weiner is an "imperfect soul". Disillusioned once again!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,841 Likes on 2,869 Posts
Default 356 ownership has been insightful regarding slim ball thieves

[SIZE="2"]20 years ago when i started getting into 356's there were several 356 vendors that were total thieves and bull**** artists...ever since i restored my '59 super sunroof i have been out of the 356 scene but i am sure these guys are still screwing customers left and right...

they would sell a part and if you were lucky enough to receive it, it would be nothing like the item described...i can't tell you how many stories there are regarding these slime bags...

they had so many european cutomers that these ****** would stay one step ahead of the game until the 356.org site was large enough to get some conversation going and weed these ******** out..

i'm all for the magnifing glass treatment for these loosers.

this alan schmuck could have easily remedied the situation months ago but chose to use his mouth instead of his wallet.

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-30-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groovzilla
[SIZE="2"]20 years ago when i started getting into 356's there were several 356 vendors that were total thieves and bull**** artists...ever since i restored my '59 super sunroof i have been out of the 356 scene but i am sure these guys are still screwing customers left and right...

they would sell a part and if you were lucky enough to receive it, it would be nothing like the item described...i can't tell you how many stories there are regarding these slim bags...

they had so many european cutomers that these ****** would stay one step ahead of the game until the 356.org site was large nough to get some conversation going and weed these ******** out..

i'm all for the magnifing glass treatment for these loosers.

this alan schmuck could have easily remedied the situation months ago but chose to use his mouth instead of his wallet.
Hey man, don't hold back and tell us what you really think

Part of me is right there with you.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:16 PM
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Wow. I'm still reeling from the fact that Steve Weiner is an "imperfect soul". Disillusioned once again!
ROFLMAO,.....You're not alone, so is my wife,...
Old 04-29-2009, 05:20 PM
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
My eight P's of due dilligence are as follows 9some quantitative but mostly qualitative):

- People
- Philosophy
- Product
- Plan
- Place
- Process
- Progress
- Price
- Performance
Fred,

That list is simply poetic and I'll be posting that above my desk as true wisdom.

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nile13
I'd be curious to hear if anyone connected to IB can enlighten us on his status as a sponsor and what, if anything, they do to check their sponsors.
fwiw, IB has dumped two big sponsors on MBWorld due to several long complaint threads (on the AMG forums.) Apparently they do react if there's enough exposing of bad vendors by members. But I guess it's up to members to bring it to IB's attention; they certainly don't want to lose any sponsor income.

Thanks, Andreas for bringing this out. It's a good 'community responsibility' sort of thing to post this kind of stuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
gtroth
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
On a personal level, the only thing that distresses me is how quickly others "pile on" when they have not had a personal experience of their own.
Yeah, I can see that being a real concern for a vendor on here. Though something I have seen a number of times over the years (on the 944 board at least- can't be too different here) are people with personal experience piling on in support of a good vendor after someone posted an issue. Those are much better threads than this one (well, maybe not as entertaining...).
Cheers.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by gtroth
Those are much better threads than this one (well, maybe not as entertaining...).
Cheers.
The intent was never to entertain. Rather, it was to inform fellow Rennlisters of this individual, and to potentially stop others from experiencing the same fraudulent, nauseating bull****.

Andreas
Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
...i'm all for the magnifing glass treatment for these loosers...
"Hear hear!" William. Lets call out all the interweb/Porsche-world over-promisers and under-deliverers. Why, I know a guy who just bought a 100k mile mid-90's 911 that the seller described as "...it is in like new condition inside and out and drives like new...". I inspected/drove my friends new car after he picked it up from the seller and, well, what can I say?

I keed! I keed!

And oh yeah. From what I've seen in this Rennlist thread and about 27 others Andreas has AGLA aka Mr. Gun down and just about out. Good work man but really what a shame the guy conducts himself like that.

Quick Reply: Now I did it!