Sponsored by:

HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Really hard to see this happen to you Geolab...anyone live in NJ who would care to visit Mr. Myrie and see what's up?

Seriously though, log it with ebay and paypal and you have a chance to get your money back. Raptor is right, they are clearly sport seats in the pictures and not in the box, so regardless if he can say there were damaged/got dirty in shipping, its plain fraud.

Best of luck with this, and please keep us in the loop on what happens. I know it tough for you, being in France, but I am sure you can get help here..

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you have much to worry about. The way the Ebay/Paypal system is set up is all for the buyer.
You follow procedure and your money will be right back in your account.
At first they give you a chance to resolve it yourself and then it escalates to a dispute.
Be sure to save his photos form the ebay add. You'll be fine.
It's crappy but you'll laugh at the end.
After the tables turn around and Paypal returns your money, if he wants his junk seats back he has to send you funds. Keep in mind packing, traveling expenses, time and shipping.
Hope this helps, Chris
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

I REALLY THANK EVERYBODY FOR INFO, SUPPORT AND HELP

saga update:

-the seats were sent from the seller's 'porsche car body shop', his email reply is the following ;
"send me pictures to what my mechanic sent you" as if a notion of maybe the body shop sent me wrong seats
-the wrong seats were received through UPS ground by my freight company in TX , $150 later, and are still there. The seller can never claim I switched the seats, they are still in TX, and not sent to France.
- what happened is that I bought the seats end of JANuary, and eversince, the seller has been telling me;
'he needed some time to remove them from the car'.
Because of the long wait, I started saving the emails we exchanged together through ebay, since ebay keeps emails for only ONE month now.

- I called my Bank, and since my credit card is like a gold debit card in the USA, directly linked to my account, I had one month to reject transaction, It is too late through VISA.
-I made a claim through ebay which directed me to paypal, and I have to wait a certain number of days, to turn the dispute into a claim.
-the seller has 185 positive 100% feedback but I am afraid he has 0% neurons about 993's

-I have had over 1000 transactions on ebay since 1998 through 3 accounts, and NEVER had one ziltch of a problem. (One trancastion with a gentleman from Arizona for $38,700, zero mistakes.)

-The 993 SEATS sale was a buy it now, so the seller got the price he asked for and I haven't sniped his item or any ambiguous thing in his sale.
-I am really mad that I paid UPS to ship rubbish from NJ to TX.

ps: my freight agent called me when he received the seats from UPS, and said in his own first words "we're fcked hermano, its like CATS were stuck in the boxes for weeks"

will keep everybody posted, thank you again

Last edited by geolab; 03-05-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

geolab. I am confused. Are you in TX or France?

If TX, where?

Again, good luck with resolving this issue.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think he used a freight agent to bring it to TX. And then he was having it shipped from TX to France. If I am wrong apologies in advance.

Mike
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking the seats went all the way to France and that's why the box looked like crap. Not that it should... all I can say is UPS SUCKS!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
I think he used a freight agent to bring it to TX. And then he was having it shipped from TX to France. If I am wrong apologies in advance.

Mike
mike is right , my freight agent is in Tx. he was to ship them to me in france.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 AM
bill930p
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He's saying the seats are still in TX with his freight agent. They were to be sent to him in France, but his freight agent cought it and sent him pics.

Turns out the shotty packaging worked in his favor. Had the seats been packed right, the freight agent probably never would have removed them from the boxes to examine them, they would have been sent all the way to France before the scam was discovered.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
How many other Mr. Myrie from Garfiled, NJ with the same phone number and that their first names also starts with as "K" as Mr Keith do you think there are?
There are almost certainly other K Myrie's in Garfield. Karen, Kyle, Kristin, .... K <> Keith. I didn't see any phone # posted here or in anything linked in this thread. Do you know something we don't? But sure Geolab can confirm it's Keith, I just don't think we need to be harassing this guy unless Geolab thinks it would be helpful.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:03 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
There are almost certainly other K Myrie's in Garfield. Karen, Kyle, Kristin, .... K <> Keith. I didn't see any phone # posted here or in anything linked in this thread. Do you know something we don't? But sure Geolab can confirm it's Keith, I just don't think we need to be harassing this guy unless Geolab thinks it would be helpful.
See his original post. The phone number is there...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
See his original post. The phone number is there...
Sure, he posted the phone # for K Myrie. But how do you know Keith Myrie's phone #?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the worst ebay story I ever heard. With all of his TSBs and more, Geo is a top contributor to this board. From a karma standpoint, there are very few people who deserved this treatment any less. What gets to me is just how wasteful all of this shipping (both ways, eventually!) is. I mean, why bother shipping anything at all?

BTW- Isn't Jersey a bad place to be effin with people? You think this seller would know better! I would love to be part of the possie that comes a knockin' to repo Geo's cash. Waiting for the TriState RLers to weigh in...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, he posted the phone # for K Myrie. But how do you know Keith Myrie's phone #?

I can confirm with 100% certainty that it is the right number for Keith Myrie, and I even have his home phone number!

and yes, I would not harrass him or do anything else wihtout geolab's blessings!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yes...

anything else?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude68
This is the worst ebay story I ever heard. With all of his TSBs and more, Geo is a top contributor to this board. From a karma standpoint, there are very few people who deserved this treatment any less. What gets to me is just how wasteful all of this shipping (both ways, eventually!) is. I mean, why bother shipping anything at all?

BTW- Isn't Jersey a bad place to be effin with people? You think this seller would know better! I would love to be part of the possie that comes a knockin' to repo Geo's cash. Waiting for the TriState RLers to weigh in...
A BIG +1 to Chuck's post above. Geolab is TOP NOTCH!

I really feel for you George.. I hope for things to resolve.

Quick Reply: HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay