Sponsored by:

HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
this has turned into something I didn't need at all.
The seller said the seats I received are not the ones he sent.
The seller claims someone called him lately and bought the seats for much more money (I don't care to believe or not)
The seller is asking me to return the rubbish seats to reimburse my money back, I have to ship within 10 days (paypal rules) with a tracking no.
Problem is I have to take the shipping costs.
I wonder what is the cheapest way to ship seats from Tx to NJ, since it is going out of my pocket, and no end product...I am disgusted
thank you for all the support and help
This doesent add up.
First of all he said the ones pictured where the ones you are getting.
Then he says the ones you recieved are not the ones he sent.
and lastly he says he sold the ones that were pictured cause someone gave him much more money???

By his words he pretty much spelled out to you. "I WAS TRYING TO SCREW U"

WOW THIS IS WRONG!!! Rennlisters need to team up and go by his house for a "friendly visit".
Old 03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. No
This is outrageous.
He sold you seats that he did not deliver. You paid for something you did not get.
Next, he cannot have "sold" the seats again to someone else without admitting that he cheated you in the first place, because you already bought and paid for them.
You should demand that he deliver those seats to you, now, and that he pay for the shipping. He will find some excuse not to do this.

If I were you, I would try to get my money back, and then report him to eBay, Paypal, and leave him negative feedback with the whole story so he doesn't do the same thing to the next honest person.
I agree. He should either send you the seats that he sold you, or he should give you your money back IN FULL and have your middleman in TX send the seats back to him on HIS dime. You should definitely NOT have to spend any money on this transaction at all!!! It's his "mistake" for sending you the wrong seats. End of story.

I'm really sorry that this turned out this way for you Geo!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
The seller said the seats I received are not the ones he sent.
The seller claims someone called him lately and bought the seats for much more money (I don't care to believe or not)
Next, he cannot have "sold" the seats again to someone else without admitting that he cheated you in the first place, because you already bought and paid for them.
^^^^^^What he said. This guy just admitted to being a scammer and a fraud. If he sold them again, then he knew he still had them (assuming they actually exist...), which means he knew they were never delivered to you.

Of course the spotting of the same pics elsewhere on Craigslist doesn't bode well....

When you post Ebay feedback, copy his statements there so others can see his admission of fraud.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
future
Banned

Sorry to hear about your problems mate – It stinks

I have just located these grey hardback seats for you in Germany if interested: http://cgi.ebay.de/Porsche-993-turbo...1%7C240%3A1318

I am not affiliated in any way. The "Buy it now" the price is fare in my opinion as they look very clean. The Sports Hardback seats can sell for up to 4k Euro's in Germany but they are rare
Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM
future
Banned

Here is a very rare FULL read leather interior including sports hardback seats: http://cgi.ebay.de/Exclusive-Porsche...1%7C240%3A1308

I have seen them listed now for about 4 weeks and even at the buy it now price of 4,499.00 Euros I bet this lot could be had for 3.5k at a push - Just think how this would look in a silver or black 993
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Scott Lenger
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just happened upon this thread - wow this guy is a real dirt bag!!! What a total POS!

I think you have a good criminal fraud case...only difficulty is getting law enforcement to take action. But, being across state lines this may be a good federal case - and I believe the FBI actually has a large team that works on internet fraud.

Definitely take immediate action on Paypal. This guy is clearly out to defraud you and has essentially stated as such.

I am in NJ only for 4 more weeks - moving to Texas. In the limited time I'm going to be here I'd be willing to help if I can.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PM me the guys phone number and address. I'll create a few "creative" ads on Craigslist that will annoy the hell out of him.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

thank you everyone, really fond of everyone here.
Latest news, cost me $200 to ship back the dirty seats through UPS with tracking, to the address that PAYPAL resolution center sent me and phone number.
yesterday PAYPAL recredits my credit card with ebay + shipping amount.
yesterday, Same day, he appealed the decision, and paypal blocked the money.
He said the address I sent the seats to is not good, and the seats are going back to Tx.
I sent the pictures of the UPS labels with the price, address, phone numbers, etc. to PAypal

This deal is really the worst I have ever done in my life.
Looks like he gave Paypal a False address, and he wants to really bug me.
He thinks I will pay for another shipping proceedure, and thus make me suffer financially.
Can I tell my freight agent to whom the seats are going back to , to refuse the seats from UPS?
or is this not an option? thank you
regards
Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I would write to my credit card company right now that you are disputing all charges relating to this (make sure you specify the transaction and the charges) because you were induced to purchase the seats based on a false description of the goods. Send a copy of the letter to paypal and to ebay.

I would definitely refuse the return of the seats. You sent them to the address that he gave to Paypal, right? You complied with Paypal's procedures? If that addreess is wrong, that is his problem, not yours. Don't let it become yours by taking them back. He can give the "right" address to Paypal or UPS more easily than you can.

But I would also ask him at what address he can personally receive them. Get a name, address and telephone number so you can be sure "UPS" gets all the "right" information.

I bet he does not respond, but if he does, you might also find the address of the local police department and ask them to have a chat with him.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Jeez. Again Geo, I'm really sorry this is all happening!!! I wish someone would go pay this guy a visit. What a scumbag.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Geo, I've mentioned it several weeks ago, I'll say it again. Forget PayPal. Deal with your credit card directly.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Geo, I've mentioned it several weeks ago, I'll say it again. Forget PayPal. Deal with your credit card directly.
At this stage I completely agree. If PayPal hasn't been satisfied by this point, stop doing things that cost you money. You tried to return the goods and that's that. Your CC company is your best bet. I really hope you get your money back.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
future
Banned

Forget PayPal. Deal with your credit card directly
Yes mate do as Mike states! I have had similar problems before with eBay and the whole setup is really a joke! Ebay own PayPal and tend to side with the sellers for some stupid reason especially when goods have been received by the purchaser – this is because they make their money from the sellers with listing fees and PayPal charges!

There was a case about 2 years ago in the UK when a UK seller listed cheap Chinese made quad bikes for sale. In his ad he stated that the quad bikes were being shipped from china and will take about 5 weeks to arrive. This gave the scammer enough time to take over £80k in pre-paid orders before people started to complain that they had not received anything. PayPal's response was "your claim is invalid as you only have 30 days to make a claim" - This stinks and eBay shouldn't have allowed this ad in the first place which took advantage of their loophole regarding terms!

The end result was that most lost their money but some were refunded by their credit card company.

Lesson is "only use a credit card to purchase online" - Not even a debit card as the CC companies have to compensate for this by law to protect the consumer - something PayPal have seriously failed in the past

I hope you get your problem resolved very quickly
Old 03-26-2009, 06:07 PM
droy3
Instructor

I would write to my credit card company right now that you are disputing all charges relating to this (make sure you specify the transaction and the charges) because you were induced to purchase the seats based on a false description of the goods. Send a copy of the letter to paypal and to ebay.

I would definitely refuse the return of the seats. You sent them to the address that he gave to Paypal, right? You complied with Paypal's procedures? If that addreess is wrong, that is his problem, not yours. Don't let it become yours by taking them back. He can give the "right" address to Paypal or UPS more easily than you can.

But I would also ask him at what address he can personally receive them. Get a name, address and telephone number so you can be sure "UPS" gets all the "right" information.

I bet he does not respond, but if he does, you might also find the address of the local police department and ask them to have a chat with him.
Agreed. I bought a car stereo a few years ago on Ebay and had a similar experience to you. I was eventually contacted by another buyer who was in a similar situation and we contacted the local police who took care of everything. One often finds that these individuals have a pattern of deception and that the locals are aware of these activities. In my case, the local police went so far as getting a money order from the perp and mailing it to me.

Regardless, sorry to hear of this and good luck with it.

Cheers,

Doug
Old 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
I agree PayPal sucks.
I went directly to American Express with my complaint. AmEx disputed the charge with PayPal and within a couple of weeks PayPal credited the account.
PayPal wrote me a hostile letter stating that I handled it wrong by going to AmEx instead of them. I've been with AmEx since 1983 and they stand behind their credit card holders to the max.
PAyPal's guarantee policy is a ruse.

Quick Reply: HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay