993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: umm...let's see...OH MY...MOTHER OF... C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default OT: umm...let's see...OH MY...MOTHER OF... C63 AMG

I test drove one today just for fun to see what all the press is about...

Has anyone else driven this car? Nothing... and I do mean nothing, that I have been in even comes close...like not even the same galaxy in terms of seat of pants feel. I was actually scared when sitting next to the sales person as he got on it, and when I drove, I started giggling like a little girl.

I have driven 996 tt x50, 993tt w/gt2 turbos, Audi RS4, RS6, older muscle cars with hemi engines, etc etc... I have NEVER experienced torque feel like the C63 AMG before.

Anyway, just thought I would share. It's of course heavy, a 4-door and would probably cost $120+ per week in gas alone as a daily driver (really, thats probably about right)... but oh my goodness, I have never felt like that behind the wheel of a car before. The engine note is so sweet and the power so linear... yum.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a C55 AMG. They are something else.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by melman911
I had a C55 AMG. They are something else.
I have driven the C55 AMG (very cool sedan) previously and expected this to feel similar given the numbers... it absoutely didnt...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

I test drove a E63 a few weeks back. I was considering replacing the BMW 530I with one. It was an amazing sedan. However, after getting 32 MPG on a trip to Vegas in the BMW I think I'll stick with it...(for awhile at least!)
Old 07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much is a C63? Do people buy or lease AMG's???
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Everything AMG....

http://forum.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

What someone wrote....

I have always considered myself a "people person." An entrepreneur, I come into contact with individuals from all walks of life, all economic backgrounds. Being a sociable sort never hurts when doing business. I regard myself a good citizen and a responsible member of society.

It took ownership of an E55 to show me absolutely how wrong this whole notion is.

As it turns out, no car out there could be a more opposite assertion, nor has any car I’ve previously owned, including a few full-bore semi-race cars. At least those machines made no pretense of their purpose, their existence. The E55, as well as all of its Kompressor brethren, are rolling lies. Beautifully crafted slaps in the face to society as a whole.

A P-car, an F-car, a Viper, oh my. All of these sports cars tell you what to expect from the moment you glance at their purposeful forms, their immense rolling stock. The burble/shriek/wail from their tailpipes tell all to move over, a FAST CAR is coming through.

Not the E55. Its 4-doors and understated sheet metal pretend to be nice. It greets other cars while secretly clutching a large-bore handgun behind its back, “How are you today? Great. Lovely weather we’re – BOOM!” Dead car. By the time the faint whine of the supercharger is heard, it’s far too late. On to the next mark.

I can barely slide into its buttery leather without my pulse quickening, brow starting to glisten with the anticipatory sweat of some 500-odd ponies about to be rousted from slumber. The ventilated seats are helping, yet only add to the farce. Sure you’re a respectable car. Sure.

I turn the key and stir the beast. The quiet thrum of the mill contracts my pupils, flares my nostrils. My pulse quickens as the revs settle down to idle, and I am no longer the same man. I now crave raw meat and open road.

Searching -nay- hunting for a kill now. I grip the thick wheel while the tires shriek under the collective motivation of all of those foot-pounds, clutching in vain for traction on the tarmac. Finally underway, the blue haze from the protesting radials wafts out of the cabin. Along with it go the last traces of responsible adulthood.

The balance of the night is a blur. Fleeting images of an M-something shrinking in the rearview. Me throwing my head back and bellowing laughter at an RX-8 with NOS stickers. More tire smoke. A Cobra. Sleep.

I realize now I am actually an Antisocial. I pretend to be upstanding, only to take any and all opportunity given to break speed laws. Laws crafted by those who can’t understand the visceral pull of a forced-induction V-8, or its effects. Meh. Laws are for lesser machines.

How long can I keep up this dual existence? Dr Jeckyl needs to make a living, but Mr. Hyde needs to hunt. It’s only a matter of time before the wife finds out I’m not having an affair….then what? If it comes down to the wife or the car, I don’t know how what I’ll do…..I can’t get rid of the E55…….HELP !!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by travanx
How much is a C63? Do people buy or lease AMG's???
both...better to lease else ur be taking a huggggggggge bath on the resale..
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
both...better to lease else ur be taking a huggggggggge bath on the resale..
Like you're not taking the same bath on the lease?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I have been seriously thinking about getting one as a daily driver. I had a C32 years ago when they were first released. I had it all RennTech'd out and it was very impressive, but the 63 cars are animals right out of the box. The local MBZ dealer has 2 2009 models available for September/ October delivery because people ordered them but are most likely unable to take delivery for financial reasons.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
http://forum.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

It’s only a matter of time before the wife finds out I’m not having an affair….then what? If it comes down to the wife or the car, I don’t know how what I’ll do…..I can’t get rid of the E55…….HELP !!!
Show me a picture of your wife and I'll let you know.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My neighbor says he runs 11.80's with drag Radials in his stock 04 E55--i gotta get me one of those.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

you know, I have driven the C55 AMG, E55 AMG...these were fast cars, but they always struck me as straight line autobahn cruisers...

this C63 AMG was different...although it weighs almost 4k lbs, it doesnt feel like it...looks and feels small and tight and the 450hp/450lbs torque naturally aspirated just pulls the car like a freight train...and the noise...

for those Rennlisters with the $$ to have a daily driver like this + Porsche, you MUST DO IT
Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 AM
KLSpeed27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic story trinitony!
I know just how the writer feels...when I'm commuting to and from work on my Hayabusa I often feel as though I'm riding on the back of Great White Shark just looking for it's next meal - it's a total power rush!

My Busa can run the 1/4 mile in the mid 9.70s at 147...there are very, very few street legal cars that can match it.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KLSpeed27
Fantastic story trinitony!
I know just how the writer feels...when I'm commuting to and from work on my Hayabusa I often feel as though I'm riding on the back of Great White Shark just looking for it's next meal - it's a total power rush!

My Busa can run the 1/4 mile in the mid 9.70s at 147...there are very, very few street legal cars that can match it.
lol..

http://www.mbusa.com/media/richmedia...hold_large.mov

63.. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/index.ht...oom/models/e63
Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 AM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one on order, however the dealer would not sell to my wife because the ride was way too firm. Also, the dealer had a demo for 1 week and had to replace the rear tires. Hmmm?

Quick Reply: OT: umm...let's see...OH MY...MOTHER OF... C63 AMG