Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bummer - CEL P1411/P0410

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008 | 05:09 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Default Bummer - CEL P1411/P0410

Yep, it finally happened to me... the dreaded SAI CEL. The car has ~58K miles on it.

I guess it's time to do the flush again (I did it about 15K miles ago... probably not well enough)

The flush process has come a ways since I've done it. I've been reading threads using guitar strings! Cool!

Anyway, at one point, someone had a kit with rubber stoppers, metal brackets and a great device to slot into the SAI manifold. If that's still around or you have some suggetions/pictures and/or better tools to start with, please post them.

Alternatively, I've emailed turobowerx to see what the status is of their "Diagnostic Tool"
Old 03-08-2008 | 08:39 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

After your CEL came on and you scanned it did both codes show up together at the same time on either this recent CEL or the one 15,000 previously.

Reason I ask, is while certainly not impossible it seems to me that it is more likely for one side or the other to clog, set off the CEL and show one code as opposed to both at the same time.

There is a small pig tail hose just above the check valve that when disconnected throws both SAI codes.

It's that little hose just to the left of the top clamp.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2008 | 09:55 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree, having both sides go at the same time seems to indicate a system failure, not the passages. His previous cleaning was not because of a CEL but preventive. I already discussed with Dennis a bunch of different things that can go wrong before he assumes its the SAI passages. Since Dennis has already changed out the check valve and manifold (albeit 15K miles before) he is familar enough with the vacuum hookup as well as the main hoses to give that a check first.

Worse case if it is the passages then I volunteer my shop and lift....a few tunes and we can get it all flushed out pretty quick. Besides I need to add an improved procedure on pcarworkshop!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-08-2008 | 10:46 PM
henkinc
Rennlist Member

turbowerx had a server failure and this set them back on the product you mention until after April 15.
Old 03-08-2008 | 11:08 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll donate the bass strings
Old 03-09-2008 | 07:30 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Update: It turns out one of the vaccumm lines had become disconnected... I put it back and I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 03-09-2008 | 08:57 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C4S_fan
Update: It turns out one of the vaccumm lines had become disconnected... I put it back and I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Great!
Old 03-09-2008 | 10:42 PM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Originally Posted by C4S_fan
Dennis - Thats great news and hope that solves it -

I was surprised that you of all people would get a clogged SAI problem as you religiously perform a italian tune up each time your C4S leaves your driveway.
Old 03-10-2008 | 03:37 AM
JStuart
Instructor

I'm interested in this thread because mine is showing both sides at the same time as well. I bought a code reader to reset them and the last time the light came on it was both sides...come to think if it...its been both sides every time.

Jay
Old 03-10-2008 | 02:18 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Jay,

If you need a hand taking the airbox et al apart to look at the plumbing around the manifold/check valve, drop me a PM and we can get together afternoon/evening.
Old 03-10-2008 | 06:50 PM
richardew
R.I.P
Rennlist Member

My car had a relay blow that triggered the SAI CEL. Funny how it happened driving away from the dealer (richmond, va) after they did the harness recall. When I moved to PA and had to have emissions inspection, the dealer up here changed the relay and the code went away, for a little while anyway.

Quick Reply: Bummer - CEL P1411/P0410