Sponsored by:

Finally...The Best Way to Keep your 993 Looking Incredble

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Another update...

It seems we are not the only ones looking into this..

http://tiltedhorizons.blogspot.com/2...back-sort.html

http://tiltedhorizons.blogspot.com/2...er-polish.html

And you can buy both online from the same vendor..

Amrep:
"Cleans road grime, grease and bugs without water. Quickly cleans, Polish and Protect the paint and chrome on your bike. Spray Cleaner Polish is the ultimate "Detailer in a can" for motorcycles, ATVs, scooters, automobiles, marine, and power equipment. Polish on a "showroom shine" in minutes. "
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vt...=6812&ID=53997

Pro Honda:
"Leaves a clean, streak-free finish with one application. Contains anti-static ingredients to repel dust and dirt. Protects finished surfaces from harmful UV rays. Leaves a long lasting high gloss finish. Contains Carnuba wax. Low VOC formula meets or exceeds current CARB and OTC standards."
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/st...str=1&ID=53997
Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I went to buy this stuff also. I wound up with a can that looks exactly like your Amrep can, exept where yours says: "Next Dimension," mine says: "Exclusive Classic Chemical Formula." It's made right here in the local area also.
http://www.classicchemical.com/classic_chemical_004.htm
I just sprayed a little and it smells like Wd40, ether, and acetone mixed together. I guess maybe it will make a good bug remover....
I'm guessing there's a good story here somewhere about copyright or patent violations.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:07 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.. I think I'll be ordering a dozen of these through here:

Just want to make sure that this is the real thing? It sure seems that it is..

Just one question: How would this stuff work on the 3M (or equivalent) clear bra material??

TIA
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Wow.. I think I'll be ordering a dozen of these through here:

Just want to make sure that this is the real thing? It sure seems that it is..

Just one question: How would this stuff work on the 3M (or equivalent) clear bra material??

TIA
Yes, that one is the real thing, and it works great with any clear bra material.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

and why is this better than a standard quick detailer?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
and why is this better than a standard quick detailer?
Try it and you'll see the difference. I have also used Meguiars Final Inspection #34 from time to time, but the Carnuba Wax in the Honda stuff has the edge over the quick detailer type of stuff when it comes to shine and paint protection.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:39 PM
V
Rennlist Member

How long does one can last? (stupid Q I know)

Just wondering how many I should order... 10 or 20?

TIA
Old 02-24-2008, 12:49 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

How long does one can last? (stupid Q I know)

Just wondering how many I should order... 10 or 20?

TIA
LOL...it depends, but you don't need to spray much of it to get results. I would start with 1 or 2 so you can see how you like it and how long it lasts you, but I have a feeling that you'll be back for more.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:49 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cabrio993
LOL...it depends, but you don't need to spray much of it to get results. I would start with 1 or 2 so you can see how you like it and how long it lasts you, but I have a feeling that you'll be back for more.
That's what I mean.. Over here, if I can get them (at all) in stores they will be imported and they probably cost a fortune (as well as everything else here). So I figured ordering them online from the states would be my best bet. With shipping etc that pretty much rules out trying one or two cans first..

So.. 10 or 20??
Old 02-24-2008, 04:35 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

That's what I mean.. Over here, if I can get them (at all) in stores they will be imported and they probably cost a fortune (as well as everything else here). So I figured ordering them online from the states would be my best bet. With shipping etc that pretty much rules out trying one or two cans first..

So.. 10 or 20??
LOL...get 20 then. Once your friends see it work, they'll want to get some. You'll be set for Xmas gifts!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:30 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

I go thru about 3 bottle per season with LIGHT duty including wheels and road grime only.

So 20 is not out of the question.

Luckily I can get mine at the local Honda dealer for $6 a can.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
banzai993
Racer

I am definitely going to try it..
Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Wow! I finally tried it.
I already had a can of Pro Honda for the past year that a buddy gave me. I was going to use it on my Harley but I had sold it. After reading this thread I thought I should try it on the P-car.
On the way home, I had to stop at the hardware store. They had some "Final Inspection #34" so I picked up a bottle.
I tried both on the car and there was no comparison. That Honda stuff rocks! It goes on creamy and shines better than any detailer I have tried. It was a joy to use.
The car was cold and I thought the Final Inspection was a pain to use(streaked) and dull after using the Pro Honda. Glad I found this thread. Looked good on all surfaces.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:21 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! I was just looking at the how many hits this thread got in just a few days!
I'm glad to see everyone who tried it agrees about the difference between the Honda and all the other detailers. It also works great on the windows too!
~Chris~

Old 02-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No quick detailer will remove swirls, scratches or oxidation. I've been a pro detailer for 7 years and can tell you I've used a lot of different products, and my go to quick detailer is either Meg's 34 or Meg's Last Touch. If a product contains elements to polish (remove defects/grime), and protect, it obviously can't do either one very well, or it would remove itself. Polish can be chemical or abrasive, and it sounds like this is a chemical cleaner, so I wouldn't bank on the protection at all.

It may be great, but I've seen and tried a lot of different products on a lot of different cars-for me I get paid by the job, not by the hour, so if I can find a product to speed up my process I jump at it-and I don't see this being the end of elbow grease for polish cars. It may be a great quick touchup after a polish/wax session, but I would recoat it with wax/sealant afterwards.

Steve

Quick Reply: Finally...The Best Way to Keep your 993 Looking Incredble