Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally...The Best Way to Keep your 993 Looking Incredble

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
tfm
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have to agree with Stevenwz968, I'm always looking for a better way to polish/detail. If this product has petroleum distillates, i.e. solvents, in it then it'll take off tar and bugs OK ...but it will strip off almost whatever is already on my cars.
I'm a clay/polish/Klasse AIO/Klasse sealant/pure carnuba over guy. I'd be afraid as a quick detailer this product would take off my sealant. The sealant will last a whole season, carnuba only a couple weeks.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tj90
THe local shop tells me that its not sold under honda name anymore. Its made by Next dimension but they swear its the same stuff as the honda stuff which apparently is not for sale anymore.
Not much new to add, but just emphasizing the above. At two Honda shops today, both had the Amrep "Next Dimension" / "Original" instead of the Pro Honda. When I asked, they had identical claims that Honda no longer puts their name on the can, but it's the exact same thing.

Thanks to the great info here, we know better. I just ordered 4 Pro Honda spray cans on-line @ hondadirectlineusa.com

Thanks to Chris c993k, cabrio993, & everyone for all the in-depth info, tests, photos, & opinions. I just wish I had paid attention to nota_troll's post back when I could still buy it in stores!

Currently Porsche-less, so I'll be researching it on my existing rides 'til there's a 993 in the stable.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenwz968
No quick detailer will remove swirls, scratches or oxidation. I've been a pro detailer for 7 years and can tell you I've used a lot of different products, and my go to quick detailer is either Meg's 34 or Meg's Last Touch. If a product contains elements to polish (remove defects/grime), and protect, it obviously can't do either one very well, or it would remove itself. Polish can be chemical or abrasive, and it sounds like this is a chemical cleaner, so I wouldn't bank on the protection at all.

It may be great, but I've seen and tried a lot of different products on a lot of different cars-for me I get paid by the job, not by the hour, so if I can find a product to speed up my process I jump at it-and I don't see this being the end of elbow grease for polish cars. It may be a great quick touchup after a polish/wax session, but I would recoat it with wax/sealant afterwards.

Steve
I think the word "polish" on the Pro Honda can is actually meant to mean "shiny". No one expects this product to remove swirls and I don't think anyone plans to use it to replace proper wax protection. It's just such a good "detailer" for those in-between times when there isn't time or the need for a proper polish and wax.
I don't think any detailer or the Honda stuff should be used regularly without a wash. You're still wiping off dirt particles.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:33 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the new Turtle Wax Ice products. I can apply the synthetic polymer in about 10 minutes on the entire car (except windows and tires). Then I wait about 5 minutes and remove it in about 15 minutes.

Not sure what the word is on this stuff, but I like it because I am very lazy.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
V
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=curve lover;5155866]I just ordered 4 Pro Honda spray cans on-line @ hondadirectlineusa.com[QUOTE]

I ordered 20 cans through this website two days ago.. Just got an email saying that the order will be cancelled because UPS won't put the spray cans on an airplane . I enquired about ground shippind since I'm not really in a hurry but jeez, I just got to have those little cans .
Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Just got a reply on my ground shipping enquiry from honda:

"It would have to go by air....There is no ground shipping from the US to Sweden."

WTF??
Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Sorry to keep asking stupid questions guys but just want to give this one last shot before I give up:

Do you know if you can ship stuff like this across the atlantic? It would have to be with ground shipping as UPS or any other company that uses air transport won't accept it. I am visiting a friend in Philly this summer so I figured if I order it now to his place then I can just ship it home when I get there. Just go to the closest US postal service office and send the package to Sweden using ground shipping.. Do you think that would be possible? Didn't know who I should ask about stuff like this..

TIA and have a nice weekend
Old 03-01-2008, 07:49 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Sorry to keep asking stupid questions guys but just want to give this one last shot before I give up:

Do you know if you can ship stuff like this across the atlantic? It would have to be with ground shipping as UPS or any other company that uses air transport won't accept it. I am visiting a friend in Philly this summer so I figured if I order it now to his place then I can just ship it home when I get there. Just go to the closest US postal service office and send the package to Sweden using ground shipping.. Do you think that would be possible? Didn't know who I should ask about stuff like this..

TIA and have a nice weekend
Vhanson, If you want to order some and have it shipped to me in the USA, I will drop ship it to you in Swened for the excat cost that USPS charges me. PM me for my address if interested. I also just ordered 8 cans for myself. I just love the rennlist!!! Cant wait to try it!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 AM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 709 Likes on 316 Posts

Sounds like this stuff would be great for cleaning the wheels.
I like the Griots spray on carnuba wax for quick wipe downs between polish/wax sessions.

Rich
Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Thx CarreraX PM sent.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thx CarreraX PM sent.
PM'd back. Ship it to me and Ill get it to you asap!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are 'into' products such as these for your cars, you can also use this:
http://www.motorspotstore.com/motulwashwax.html

It does exactly what it says, contains carnuba wax (smells nice), sprays on in a thick foam that lifts light dirt/dust up off the finish.

FWIW, I use it on my son's karts, after cleaning everything else with citrus based cleaners/WD40 (karts are messy little things, trust me).
I buy all my Motul chemicals from Motospot, (karts consume vast quantities of brake cleaner, carb cleaner, chain cleaner over the course of a season, trust me, so the free shipping over $100 is nice), great customer service and prices.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Has anyone shipped stuff like this (spray cleaners) overseas and know if thats doable? I'm on www.usps.com now trying to find some information about this... I'm thinking it shouldn't be any different than hairspray or other kinds of spray cans but would like to know for sure before I pull the trigger.. Thx
Old 03-01-2008, 09:33 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Has anyone shipped stuff like this (spray cleaners) overseas and know if thats doable? I'm on www.usps.com now trying to find some information about this... I'm thinking it shouldn't be any different than hairspray or other kinds of spray cans but would like to know for sure before I pull the trigger.. Thx
Viggo, I have no problem calling it hairspray when I ship it to you.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Viggo, I have no problem calling it hairspray when I ship it to you.
Hehe, hairspray for the gorgeous Swedish swimsuit supermodels?

No but seriously, I have no idea what USPS permits for overseas shipping. I presume products like this have to make it across the atlantic somehow.. I just know that airmail is not at option. It would have to be by ferry..

Quick Reply: Finally...The Best Way to Keep your 993 Looking Incredble