Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

great CEL SAI story

Old 01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,413 Likes on 2,688 Posts

since my friend jim's car passed emissions he hasn't installed the turbowerx part yet...i think he is still waiting to order one?...he was sent a prototype which he never used and shipped back so i am not sure what the status is?

i'll check on it.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by henkinc
Does it allow all non-CEL codes to trigger the CEL if something else occurs? HOw easy is it to install? Does anyone have the installation manual to scan and either post or e-mail, in addition to documenting how this worked on OBDII 993s?
Thanks.
Ax and ye shall receive, sorta:
http://www.turbowerx.com/Diagnostics...iagnostic.html

This is a Group Buy I could get behind!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan V
All the "I'm-so-smart-for-buying-MY95-because-of-SAI" people are reading this thread with horror
Why should I be reading in horror?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Why should I be reading in horror?
I think he meant the "That's why I bought a '95, to avoid all of this SAI horror" guys....
Old 01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

That makes sense....
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
flyenby
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also be interested in a Group Buy thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
hddude
Racer

Would be most interested how this thread ultimately came out. Did Turbowerx do the job? Does it allow all non-CEL codes to trigger the CEL if something else occurs? HOw easy is it to install? Does anyone have theinstallation manual to scan and either post or e-mail, in addition to documtning how this worked on OBDII 993s?
Thanks.
I contacted the local distributor here in Phoenix area a few months ago just in case I had the need for an SAI solution someday, but he hadn't started installing them yet. Like you, I am eager to hear whether people are actually using the thing yet, and if so, their experiences. Given the low cost, I considered installing one as a "preventative" measure only because I would think the product might not have a long production run and might soon be unavailable given that its target audience is our relatively rare 993 cars, all of whom are more than ten years old. Of course spending three or four hundred bucks on something I don't presently need -- nor may never need -- may seem a little goofy. I'm living in SAI fear
Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
henkinc
Racer

Below is message I just sent on turbowerx contact form. Let's see what they say. I'll advise the group.
Can you send me an installation guide (soft copy) so I can see what is involved and also provide further details about the following:
• ANY potential impact on CEU or electronics that might arise. How many installs have you done or heard about that shows this is bulletproof? My car is a 97 C2 with bone stock engine. I assume it allows full diagnostic readout to the CEL of any other (non-SAI) problems, which is critical, of course.
• Does it come with an OBD II diagnostic system for the Porsche 993? I would need one of these to reset the system after installing the OSD+, presumably.
• Would you consider a group buy? The 993 forum I subscribe to would be interested. How many purchasers would be needed for what price reduction?
• The forum discussion to date implies this is being offered on some type of prototype basis and is not being sold in quantity. Please comment. Is there a return policy if it does not work as advertised?
Thanks.

Last edited by henkinc; 08-06-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:38 PM
henkinc
Racer

Whoops - sorry for the full photo. Meant to attach it to my signarure. Anway, there it is. ROW M030 and Bilsteins.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
nakama
4th Gear

Is this product on the market yet? From my reading I can't tell if anyone has one or is using it
Old 01-28-2008, 09:46 PM
henkinc
Racer

Bottom line form Turbowerx is late Feb for the system. It will come with some other featrures, as yet not totally confirmed. If you want to guarantee the currnet $299 purchase price for later when they come out, you need to inform them of your "interest." No money changes ahnds just yet. Go to turbowerx.com

They provided the system to people in dire distress with CEL issues, hence the availability of substabntial test data on cars that used the basic system. AFter they go retail in February, the price will be more than $300, but bulk buys (20+) should get the $300 price then.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 AM
hddude
Racer

Bottom line form Turbowerx is late Feb for the system. It will come with some other featrures, as yet not totally confirmed. If you want to guarantee the currnet $299 purchase price for later when they come out, you need to inform them of your "interest." No money changes ahnds just yet. Go to turbowerx.com

They provided the system to people in dire distress with CEL issues, hence the availability of substabntial test data on cars that used the basic system. AFter they go retail in February, the price will be more than $300, but bulk buys (20+) should get the $300 price then.
I'd be more confident about this outfit's products if they'd meet their own announced timeines for product introduction. I think they've been promising this thing for at least 18 months. Sounds like some guy working out of his basement.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

The Wright brothers worked out of their basement and look what it got them......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: great CEL SAI story